If EON do sell the franchise then who should take over?

124»

Comments

Warner Bros., with Nolan as producer/co-writer/director of a trilogy. Jack Lowden as Bond. Job done. :')

God, no. That's me done with Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    Nolan isn’t making a Bond trilogy. Why this persists is beyond me. Idiotic.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I can see Nolan do the first film of a new actor’s run but then he’d move on and let someone else would have a crack at it.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Nolan ever directing a Bond trilogy is a more likely scenario now than Mendes ever directing a Bond movie was just a couple of years before Skyfall.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    Nolan ever directing a Bond trilogy is a more likely scenario now than Mendes ever directing a Bond movie was just a couple of years before Skyfall.

Never happening. Get over it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    You just have to look at Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, I think he's flexed that muscle already.

At times that trilogy is more like Bond than Batman, in fact I think it probably contributes to some people's criticism of Nolan's take. I'm pretty sure it's why I love those films and couldn't give a stuff about MCU.

Get over it @PanchitoPistoles this boat has sailed and I say that as a huge Nolan fan since Memento and are tremendously looking forward to Tenet.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,665
    peter wrote: »
    Ugh... Have to speak out:

Crucify me; disagree with me, but, the last I heard : Barbara is and will be THE very active producer in the foreseeable future with her nephew Gregg Wilson.

Like both his father (who will be taking a step back with 26), and Barbara, Gregg has and continues to work his way up the ladder.

They have been grooming him to take over with Barbara.

He is "artsy", and a musician to boot, but not flakey. This boy has the intelligence and chops-- as he's been groomed to have.

He's played an incredibly important role as producer on the last few films (and was in charge and led the many units, including location). And those in the "know", know that that he was primarily in charge of TRS with Broccoli (this was his coming out party).

Let's put to bed he's "not up for the job" nonsense... he's been doing what his father, but especially his aunt, has been doing since at least 2002.... Learning the ropes of the family business.

As far as I have been told, the idea of selling Albert's legacy has NEVER been in the cards (and that's why Gregg will be working on future Bond films with BB).

To Be Continued...

The voice of reason. Oh how I missed it. Come back and speak out more often, @peter. Please!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Ugh... Have to speak out:

Crucify me; disagree with me, but, the last I heard : Barbara is and will be THE very active producer in the foreseeable future with her nephew Gregg Wilson.

Like both his father (who will be taking a step back with 26), and Barbara, Gregg has and continues to work his way up the ladder.

They have been grooming him to take over with Barbara.

He is "artsy", and a musician to boot, but not flakey. This boy has the intelligence and chops-- as he's been groomed to have.

He's played an incredibly important role as producer on the last few films (and was in charge and led the many units, including location). And those in the "know", know that that he was primarily in charge of TRS with Broccoli (this was his coming out party).

Let's put to bed he's "not up for the job" nonsense... he's been doing what his father, but especially his aunt, has been doing since at least 2002.... Learning the ropes of the family business.

As far as I have been told, the idea of selling Albert's legacy has NEVER been in the cards (and that's why Gregg will be working on future Bond films with BB).

To Be Continued...

The voice of reason. Oh how I missed it. Come back and speak out more often, @peter. Please!

lol @Univex -- you, and so many other strong voices-- whether differing or not, are respectful and great reads!! You guys keep the sanity, no matter what the opinion!