Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Sani Auf Wiedersehen Pet!
    Denbigh wrote: »

I also have the right to be here.
    I'm not boycotting the forum just the movie. What's wrong with you...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sani wrote: »

How nice of you to come on board just to say that. If you want to boycott the film, that's totally fine. But if your only purpose here is to inform others of your boycott, then your time here likely won't last very long.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869

There's nothing wrong with me, and of course you have the right to say I'm not telling you to leave :) I'm actually interested what you mean by boycotting? Like you're just not gonna see it and wait for DVD or just disassociate yourself with a film over the smallest detail? Because if you wanna buy a Bond boxset in the future, chances are you're probably gonna give them some dollar.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I understand perfectly well that Lashana Lynch won't be James Bond and she won't become Bond 26's star. I also understood the article of mi6-hq. Of course, we can explain the black woman 007, but I can't accept this, and I will boycott the film.
    I'm sorry, but I'm very sad.

Maybe you shouldn't make such decisions when you're sad. A bit premature if you ask me. Have a glass of milk and some cookies and tomorrow the world might look much brighter. And maybe we get lucky and the first trailer drops and everything will be hunky dory :)
    I'm not gonna see it and I won't buy the BD release. That's it.
    I'm not hater, just disappointed and I have a different opinion than yours.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Thats totally understandable Will you be back for Bond 26?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

You can borrow my violin if you like.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

All opinions are valid, and welcome to the forum. But judging a film you haven t seen, or feeling sad over something so trivial seems like an overreaction to me.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Of course you can have a different opinion and I'm not gonna say you should see it, but I do think it's a bit of a small thing to warrant a boycott. I don't even think she'll just be the new 007, there's gonna much more to her character that isn't her new position.

The whole reason people are doing these things and making these decisions are for good reasons. It's new and interesting for the franchise, it gives a really good opportunity for some new character dynamics and gives an even better opportunity for a talented actress who will probably knock it out the park. She's not the new 007 to prove a point or change minds because they've already said a 1000 times that Bond will not be a woman, especially if Barbara's in charge. She's already said that you write the women their own interesting characters, and that's what it seems they've done.

Yes, she's the new 007 but that makes things more interesting for the story and the characters. It create certain conflicts whether they are addressed seriously or jokingly, but I can guess it'll be a matter of respect between Nomi and James rather than an underlining head-to-head. And we all know the best stories are built on conflict, however it's handled.

Again, not trying to change your mind, just offering how I'm approaching this whole thing, and I could go on. I've given so many reasons, examples and even references. I could write an essay on why this is a good idea, but if you don't wanna see it then that's fine. Maybe we'll go see Bond 26 together haha :D
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Unlike some people here I respect your opinion. It can be different and you have every right to have that still I am not boycotting the film.
    Welcome to the forum btw.... Enjoy your time here ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Uh huh.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

If it will be like Bond1-24, then of course yes. :)

I understand @Denbigh's position, because "The Last Jedi" is my favorite Star Wars movie, and I don't understand why many people are attacking. (But "Pet"...)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's a TV show @Sani, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. Not an insult.
    In all the years I have been a member of this forum? I have never seen it so animated! On a more serious and genuine note. Lashana Lynch should not have to be exposed to such abhorrent abuse that she has been getting.

Whether you agree or disagree about what we know about Bond 25? No actor or actress should be abused in this or any other way.

If it will be like Bond1-24, then of course yes. :)

I understand @Denbigh's position, because "The Last Jedi" is my favorite Star Wars movie, and I don't understand why many people are attacking. (But "Pet"...)

I totally get you now rest assured I'm pretty positive it will be.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    In all the years I have been a member of this forum? I have never seen it so animated! On a more serious and genuine note. Lashana Lynch should not have to be exposed to such abhorrent abuse that she has been getting.

Whether you agree or disagree about what we know about Bond 25? No actor or actress should be abused in this or any other way.

You speak the truth.
    It's a TV show @Sani, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. Not an insult.

Sorry, I didn't know that. :\">
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I agree this is unacceptable and very insulting.

Welcome to the forums here, @Sani.

Perhaps you should at least wait until the trailer and title are released before committing to a decision?
    The social media and press are having a field day with this Nomi/007 news, and it does put a damper on the film, TBH. However, some members here, including myself aren't taking this too seriously.
    I think it's only a minor plot point in the movie that's been blown out of proportion, and I find it pretty amusing.
    When the trailer is released I firmly believe there will be an air of excitement that slams the door on all this negativity and nonsense. I wouldn't boycott the film just yet. It might end up being a "belter" of a Bond film, right up there with CR.

Now, if they announce the film's title as NOMI, then I may join you in this boycott , skip the film in cinemas and wait for the Red-Box release.... providing someone else is willing to shell out the couple bucks to rent it.

But that's simply not going to happen.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 71

No, thanks.

Thanks, I've been reading it for a long time. :)
    echo wrote: »

Uh huh.

Am I?
    I don't even think she'll just be the new 007.

If you're right, I'll be the first in the cinema. :)
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Perhaps you should at least wait until the trailer and title are released before committing to a decision?

Of course you are right.
    In fact, I also know that it could be a good movie even if Lashana Lynch will be 007, just I don't want to see it.
    Yeah, I'm mad. :)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    What do you mean?
    What do you mean?

If Nomi just an other Double O agent, not 007.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

No, thanks.

Thanks, I've been reading it for a long time. :)
    echo wrote: »

Uh huh.

Am I?
    I don't even think she'll just be the new 007.

ToTheRight wrote: »

Of course you are right.
    In fact, I also know that it could be a good movie even if Lashana Lynch will be 007, just I don't want to see it.
    Yeah, I'm mad. :)
    It makes sense to reserve judgement before at the very least seeing the trailer. But don't let all the clickbait dampen your excitement for the film. I'm sure it'll be fine.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    What do you mean?

Oh no I meant in the sense that she is 007 but there will be more to her character than just being the new 007.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    What do you mean?

There was originally going to be a film in the 80s where we saw young Bond inherit the 007 number from an older male agent; this film became Living Daylights. Would you have refused to watch this one, out of interest?
    mtm wrote: »
    There was originally going to be a film in the 80s where we saw young Bond inherit the 007 number from an older male agent; this film became Living Daylights. Would you have refused to watch this one, out of interest?

Of course, not! That would be ok.
    But here, he lost the 007 number, though he was already James Bond 007. And I don't like that.

Did the James Bond Twitter account used to say James Bond 007 and not just James Bond I'm going insane did they just edit their Twitter account? Any one have a screenshot of a past account tweet?
    Did the James Bond Twitter account used to say James Bond 007 and not just James Bond I'm going insane did they just edit their Twitter account? Any one have a screenshot of a past account tweet?
    The official IG account is still JB 007, so maybe that's what you were thinking about?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    mtm wrote: »

Of course, not! That would be ok.
    But here, he lost the 007 number, though he was already James Bond 007. And I don't like that.
    He hasn't really lost it. He quit.