No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 24 Posts: 3,878
    I just noticed that the coat hooks are outside the entrance to Q's flat. Is that normal in the UK?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    3sq4Cgg.jpeg

Anyone know if the castle in this shot is real?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    3sq4Cgg.jpeg

I believe it is indeed real. I remember listening to what I believe was James Bond Radio, and one lucky person got to tour many of the Jamaica locations for NTTD. He discussed the castle/ruins, but I don’t believe it plays a significant part in the film.
  • mtmmtm
    TripAces wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Bond in a baseball cap? I like it!

A first, I believe.

Roger did in a deleted scene of AVTAK, but I can't think of anywhere else, yeah.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The more I see, the more I like. Bond's "brilliantly" line was well delivered and some of those new shots are fantastic. After the drab SP, the color in this film seems to pop 100x more. I'm loving it.

Yeah the shots in the yacht do look lovely and colourful, I thought.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    3sq4Cgg.jpeg

First I thought it was well-known Folly Ruins, coming into Port Antonio, and also the lighthouse exist but it's on the wrong spot in the footage.

I think they have used CGI building new ruins/castle and a new lighthouse using the real footage of the islands

https://goo.gl/maps/Mi4QpQd7uHSSjozp8
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    After the drab SP, the color in this film seems to pop 100x more. I'm loving it.
    I also think (even at this point) this film is guaranteed to be thoroughly entertaining, and certainly more entertaining than Spectre - no matter what we think of the details and the story itself.

100%. I don't even mind if the story and plot points are bad as long as the film is actually entertaining and rewatchable for me.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    It's very interesting to note that Q sounds a lot different in the Omega trailer, and it is also the first time we really hear him speak above a quiet whisper.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Has Omega changed the color grading specifically for the ad? It looks quite different and off-putting in some shots.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    New footage! Loved the Omega ad. The shot of Bond in the boat was nice, I’m really digging the dynamism of some of these camera angle choices.
    Also, Daniel Craig’s looking his best since Quantum of Solace, I think. He also seems a lot more suave, comfortable, and upbeat with his line deliveries (“This is going to go brilliantly”.)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    jake24 wrote: »
    Has Omega changed the color grading specifically for the ad? It looks quite different and off-putting in some shots.

Yes it’s definitely different. I think it’s either that whoever edited it changed it for the ad or this ad was made for the April release so it was made a long time ago let’s say in Jan or something and the grade of the film was different back then before the final polishes.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Yes it’s definitely different. I think it’s either that whoever edited it changed it for the ad or this ad was made for the April release so it was made a long time ago let’s say in Jan or something and the grade of the film was different back then before the final polishes.
    Yeah I’m guessing the final grading will be closer, or exact, to the footage in the second trailer.
    edited September 24 Posts: 2,200
    That sailing scene. Could it be Havana or Santiago we see, with Logan following him?

Bond meeting up with Felix in the nightclub, Felix blabbing about "a young lady in Santiago. Bond sailing to Cuba to meet her because he has the same jacket on at the corner café.

It doesn't explain the watch though. Might just be for the ad?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The ad is edited to let us believe Q is giving him the watch, but that’s not the case since Bond wears it prior to their encounter. Maybe Q will upgrade it with some gadget before the raid to Safin’s base.
  • mtmmtm
    matt_u wrote: »
    The ad is edited to let us believe Q is giving him the watch, but that’s not the case since Bond wears it prior to their encounter. Maybe Q will upgrade it with some gadget before the raid to Safin’s base.

Yes I think you're right about the editing, and I know you can't read too much into it, but as it has a military symbol on it I guess it could well be Bond's personal watch, as it doesn't really make too much sense for a spy to carry something which marks him out as being in the Navy!

Although Roger does wear a Royal Navy tie in LALD :)
    Contraband wrote: »
    That sailing scene. Could it be Havana or Santiago we see, with Logan following him?

Bond meeting up with Felix in the nightclub, Felix blabbing about "a young lady in Santiago. Bond sailing to Cuba to meet her because he has the same jacket on at the corner café.

The north shore of Jamaica to Santiago is about 270 km (170 miles). That is at least a 5 hour boat ride. If he is making this trip, it's further evidence that he's a badass.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    mtm wrote: »

Yes I think you're right about the editing, and I know you can't read too much into it, but as it has a military symbol on it I guess it could well be Bond's personal watch, as it doesn't really make too much sense for a spy to carry something which marks him out as being in the Navy!

Although Roger does wear a Royal Navy tie in LALD :)

Q is talking about the “plane” Bond needs as previously saw in that Q message video from December.

The north shore of Jamaica to Santiago is about 270 km (170 miles). That is at least a 5 hour boat ride. If he is making this trip, it's further evidence that he's a badass.

That is such a great catch @Contraband and @TripAces. Very badass indeed!
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

Bond. Only Bond.
    edited September 24 Posts: 2,200

@Red_Snow

@TripAces Yes sir, he's a badass alright. And clue was Felix line about Paloma. The sailing scene is Santiago de Cuba. The castle is real - Castillo de San Pedro de la Roca/Castillo del Morro, and the white lighthouse on the left is also real. The green island on the right is real.

https://goo.gl/maps/bFoPwFm98hGMDMqk9

1) Spectre event mayhem plays out in Santiago, or,

2) Havana. Paloma and Bond takes the bus, taxi or something to get there

After the mayhem, Felix and Bond makes it to the fishing boat in the harbour, and later with Logan Ash attacking them from above.
    Well done, @Contraband. Stellar investigation there.
    Maybe Q will upgrade it with some gadget before the raid to Safin’s base.

That's my guess as well.
    3sq4Cgg.jpeg

The Google Earth version:

t0dhyi12d5cn.png

So did they shoot in Cuba after all?
    3sq4Cgg.jpeg

The Google Earth version:

t0dhyi12d5cn.png

So did they shoot in Cuba after all?

Maybe just establishing shots by 2nd Unit/choppercam, seaplane pilot, and someone sailing. Can't imagine they had Craig in the yacht
  • mtmmtm

That's not all that weird in a yacht though, is it?
    Shoes:

25/09/2020 Crockett & Jones will proudly announce its official partnership with EON Productions, the makers of the James Bond films. Crockett & Jones have previously worked with the 007 filmmakers on Skyfall, Spectre and the forthcoming film No Time To Die. In celebration of the 25th James Bond film, No Time To Die, they present JAMES, a wholecut Oxford of the highest standard. Working closely with the 007 filmmakers Crockett & Jones supplied two further styles to the production.

https://www.crockettandjones.com/
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?

Beats five days to Alaska in a dodgy looking iceberg boat submarine thing 😉
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mallory wrote: »

The companion and alcohol surely ensured that trip was more entertaining than it would've seemed otherwise.
    edited September 24 Posts: 3,878

By himself? When he could just take a puddle jumper, like he did in CR? Yeah, it kind of is. But it's also very revealing of Bond at this time: he prefers his solitude, even on a small boat, for five hours, with NOTHING around him. I think it's a nice touch by the writers and CJF.
  • mtmmtm
    edited September 24 Posts: 4,401

By himself? When he could just take a puddle jumper, like he did in CR?

He sailed around the med in a very similar yacht in CR..? It's not that weird, it's kind of what those boats are for! :)

The companion and alcohol surely ensured that trip was more entertaining than it would've seemed otherwise.

Where was the toilet though? :D Imagine the stink in there after five days!

He sailed around the med in a very similar yacht in CR..? It's not that weird, it's kind of what those boats are for! :)

Where was the toilet though? :D Imagine the stink in there after five days!

@mtm Correct. Spirit yachts company supplied EON with a Spirit 54 in CR, and in NTTD the new yacht is called Spirit 46

The scene portraying Daniel Craig and Eva Green cruising into Venice onboard a Spirit 54 is now world famous. Having been handcrafted by Spirit Yachts’ skilled team of boat-builders in Suffolk, the yacht (a 54 foot design named Spirit) was shipped to the Bahamas. From there, Spirit Yachts sailed her to Puerto Rico and through the British Virgin Islands for filming. After shooting scenes in the Caribbean, the yacht was shipped to Croatia and sailed on to Venice. During filming in Venice, the yacht’s rig was taken in and out a total of 10 times to fit under multiple canal bridges. She was the first sailing yacht to go up the Grand Canal in 300 years.

“We are delighted to have been included in the official trailer for the new James Bond film No Time To Die, which continues our relationship with the Bond franchise. We can confirm a Spirit 46 was used during filming earlier this year but we are unable to provide further details at this stage. No Time To Die will be released in the UK in early April and we look forward to seeing the full length film.”

Sailing along the coastline in the Med is a bit different. That's pleasure boating. You're not far from the coast at any time.

Here, Bond has made a choice to go out into open waters, alone, as if it's a stroll in the park. Notice he's just basically wearing what he'd worn earlier, meeting Felix. He doesn't even have a life jacket on. The Caribbean can be savage. So, yeah, it's pretty badass. LOL