Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    CR
    QOS
    SF
    DAD
    TND
    SP
    GE (I have never got over the fact that something so well produced is ruined for me when Bond (PB at 165 lbs soaking wet), catches up to a falling plane...
    TWINE
    peter wrote: »
    CR
    QOS
    SF
    DAD
    TND
    SP
    GE (I have never got over the fact that something so well produced is ruined for me when Bond (PB at 165 lbs soaking wet), catches up to a falling plane...
    TWINE

The falling plane ruins that PTS for me,and I’m surprised it’s doesn't get criticised more than it does.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    CR
    SP
    SF
    QOS
    GE
    TND
    TWINE
    DAD
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Rough order:

TND
    GE
    CR
    TWINE
    SF
    DAD
    QOS
    SP

Brozza's films may have decreased in quality as they went on, but the PTS's were consistently good.
    Easy enough.
    QOS
    CR
    SP
    SF

TWINE
    TND
    GE
    DAD
    TND's pre-credit sequence is a perfect 'mini Bond movie' sequence, a bit like Octopussy's.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    TND's pre-credit sequence is a perfect 'mini Bond movie' sequence, a bit like Octopussy's.

I disagree. I find it rather dull and generic.
    OP is far more exciting, tighter and executed.
    Though I couldn't see it working with any other Bond actor only Rog!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    1. GE
    2. CR

3. TWINE
    4. QOS

5. DAD
    6. SP
    7. SF
    8. TND

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I would argue Brosnan's PTS sequences were all pretty good. Craig's were mostly fine, though I like the QOS PTS more than the rest of his. I mean, my two favourite car brands in one James Bond chase scene, that must be a favourite.

1. TWINE
    2. GE
    3. QOS
    4. TND
    5. CR
    6. DAD
    7. SP
    8. SF

SP has a pretty ok PTS, I'd say one of the best scenes in the movie. It still only manages to end up second to last in this ranking, which says a lot about the rest of the film. SF's PTS has never been a favourite, don't like the opening shot, don't like the colours, don't like the action or the stunts. One of the lesser ones if you ask me.
    1. GE
    2. TWINE
    3. CR
    4. TND
    5. DAD
    6. SF
    7. SP
    8. QOS
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Depends on the criteria of the PTS that we judge by. I like the ones that entertain me and make me get pumped for the movie ahead. Even those that tease or foreshadow something ahead in the movie. GF where Bond shocks the thug and then later will shock Oddjob. FYEO where Bond gets revenge on Blofeld and then the movie is about revenge of Melina on her parents.

To that end....

1. GE it introduces the new Bond in a tight little mission and teases double-o-6
    2. CR love the dry humour. Not much action but the delight in the dialogue between Bond and Dryden is delicious
    3. DAD action galore and I think it has tension when we know Bond has been outed but he isn't aware.
    4. SF nice action. M showing up in the PTS is a nice bonus and her tension from the office is palpable.
    5. TND M is again a highlight. "What's he doing?" "His job" Good stuff!
    6. QOS the bones are here. To me the execution is lacking. The editing style makes it tough to follow what's all going on.
    7. SP tries too hard in my opinion. The long shot. A shame cause potential was here
    8. TWINE too bloated to me. The PTS should be short and action packed. This feels too long and tries too hard to be different then the rest.

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    GE (my favourite of all 24)
    TWINE
    SF
    CR
    QOS
    DAD
    SP
    TND ( M is cool, but the action isn't)

It is very difficult, I like them all. GE is definitely my Nr. 1. Action, tension, stuntwork, characters. CR is perfect for the movie, but the action is too brief for an all time favourite PTS. TWINE is too long but the mixture works for me and I love it when I can say: I was there.
    @goldenswissroyale Sorry you feel the action in TND is sub-par. I remember Bond rolling under the jet and sweeping that guy off his feet in one continuous motion seemed cool. The actual jet chase could've gone on a bit longer though, I thought.
  • Ok here goes :

Goldeneye (an absolute classic)
    SPECTRE (the best part of the film)
    TND (lovely action)
    DAD (ditto)
    CR ( Craig IS Bond. It takes.. Two.)
    QoS (editing issues hamper the action)
    TWINE (too long, though some good dialogue in the beginning, plus Q)
    SKYFALL (this one's just a bit of a miss for me, I'm afraid, the rest of the film is better)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    CR
    SF
    QOS
    SP (Easily the best part of the film although the CGI explosion should be ditched)
    GE (Though this is ruined by the plane nonsense)

After that I couldn't really care where I rank them, the following 3 Brosnan films are of no consequence for me but if I must.

TND
    DAD
    TWINE.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    GE
    TND
    CR
    SP
    DAD
    SF
    QOS
    TWINE

TWINE would be much higher if they cut it loose after Bilbao
    Just touching on this for a minute - If the TWINE PTS had gone to the song after Bilbao, the final shot would've had to be some kind of statement, rather than just Bond walking down the street with the case while the cops drive past. Any ideas how they could achieve this?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    1. GE
    2. CR
    3. QoS
    4. TWINE
    5. TND
    6. DAD
    7. SF
    8. SP
    QBranch wrote: »
    Just touching on this for a minute - If the TWINE PTS had gone to the song after Bilbao, the final shot would've had to be some kind of statement, rather than just Bond walking down the street with the case while the cops drive past. Any ideas how they could achieve this?

Maybe have Bond say "The police must be blinded by Bilbao" as he jumps into a waiting car for the getaway? LOL! (He uses Blinds to help his escape, see what I did there?)

Or Bond walks with the case and jumps into a car with a woman behind the wheel.

Woman "Did you get it?"
    Bond "Are you blinded by my smile?" He pats the case. (See what I did there again!)

Sorry I am being silly.
    thedove wrote: »
    Maybe have Bond say "The police must be blinded by Bilbao" as he jumps into a waiting car for the getaway? LOL! (He uses Blinds to help his escape, see what I did there?)

Or Bond walks with the case and jumps into a car with a woman behind the wheel.

Woman "Did you get it?"
    Bond "Are you blinded by my smile?" He pats the case. (See what I did there again!)
    Oh, very good.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

I think the bank scene might've segued well into the title sequence with two small changes.

One: When Bond lands on the street and notices the women looking at him, he smiles and goes "the lift was out of order" or some such thing (not with a smartass tone-- more in the "she's just dead" style). Without a clever line from Bond, the ending to the PTS would've been too muted.

Two: when we see Bond walking away from the scene and noticing the police cars driving by, we get a wider shot (crane shot?) that pulls away to give the sequence a sense of finality.
    Nice ideas, Matt. I particularly like the second one, zooming out on the shot. Would it be too much to pull right out to show the entire planet, and then it turns into the oil-covered earth we see with title overlaid?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 1,280
    1. QOS
    2.CR
    3.SP
    4.SF
    5.TWINE
    6.TND
    7.GE
    8.DAD

When watching the PTS for GE, someone yelled out Mod Edit in the audience and everybody in the theatre laughed.

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    @goldenswissroyale Sorry you feel the action in TND is sub-par. I remember Bond rolling under the jet and sweeping that guy off his feet in one continuous motion seemed cool. The actual jet chase could've gone on a bit longer though, I thought.

These parts are definitely allright. What I don't like so much is that he shoots too many guys by 360º shooting around with the machine gun or the weapons of the jet. Same problem at the end on the stealth boat.
    But there's really much to like here, too. Kind of cool that we see Bond so late and that we feel the urgency. Maybe this sequence should be higher in my ranking...

Jumping into a car that has just pulled up works for me ,but personally I love the PTS as a one off.

These parts are definitely allright. What I don't like so much is that he shoots too many guys by 360º shooting around with the machine gun or the weapons of the jet. Same problem at the end on the stealth boat.
    But there's really much to like here, too. Kind of cool that we see Bond so late and that we feel the urgency. Maybe this sequence should be higher in my ranking...

He was running out of time with the British missile on the way,no time for theatrics .
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    1. TWINE
    2. GOLDENEYE
    3. TMND
    4. QOS
    5. SPECTRE
    6. SF
    7. DAD
    8. CR

The TND starts out very Bondian and has some really cool sequences. Then it goes into a shoot them up Die Hard kind of feel. Which I believe may be due to the state of the script being re-written. I remember reading an article about TWINE and they said it was back to Bond using his wits instead of shooting his way out of tight situations. They were trying to bring more humanity to the movie then what TND had going for it. I would say up to the bike chase TND is right there with GE, then for the climax it falls about.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Nice ideas, Matt. I particularly like the second one, zooming out on the shot. Would it be too much to pull right out to show the entire planet, and then it turns into the oil-covered earth we see with title overlaid?

I think it could work but it would depend on the execution. An alternative would be not to pull out to show the entire planet, but instead just show the streets of that final shot are contained within a sphere, like a snow globe. It could then rotate and transform into the oil-covered earth. However, I worry this might verge on cheesy. It would also depend on the execution.

That said, the intro of the actual TWINE title sequence, with Bond "falling into the sequence" is my all-time favorite intro. I wouldn't change it for the world...
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    CR
    GE
    TND
    DAD
    SP
    SF
    TWINE
    QOS
    GE
    TND
    TWINE