Places that could be used as villain lair locations

13»

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    That's recent memory for me. I still consider MR as one of the newer movies of the franchise.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Pepper, you make yourself sound older than you are. 1979, that is 4 different Bond actors ago! But I agree, MR still looks pretty good.
    This is not a real place, but a montage for a proposed villa in Sochi.
    Still, it could inspire a villain's lair (and is aptly named Putin House).

Putin-House-Sochi-Russia-Roman-Vlasov-Amazing-Architecture___media_library_original_1500_844.jpg
    Hotel Jested in Czechia :

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    I think this could be a Bond villain lair, it gives Bond villain lair vibes to me.

Although, I don't know about the location of this one:

53132202995_539b34c536_b.jpg
    Searched for the picture, it is most likely CGI.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Same here, maybe even AI. But it's not a real place...fortunately.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited September 2023 Posts: 3,390
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 6,677
    David-Rodrigues_-Sao-Mihuel_-Sete-Cidades-_-drone_-Vista-do-Rei_-clouds_-nuvens-3-1024x575.jpg

800px-Abandoned_hotel_in_Vista_do_Rei_-_Azores_-_panoramio.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Abandoned hotel in the Azores.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2023 Posts: 40,462
    @Univex, that's a beautiful spot, and given the enormity of the building and all the roads and surrounding water, you could stick a lot of action into this one place.
    @Univex : that's a great one! And it looks so perfectly remote too. Many of the buildings mentioned here are a bit too public. Not this one.

It could also be a great setting for a horror movie.
    @Univex, what an abominable atrocity to be built in this beautiful setting. I'd suppose that anyone being smart and educated enough to qualify as a Bond villain would not wish to be close to such a concrete-brutalist abomination like that. It's just awful, and the Portuguese or Azores government should have it demolished to save the countryside and never allow re-building in this place again.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 6,677
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    @Univex, what an abominable atrocity to be built in this beautiful setting. I'd suppose that anyone being smart and educated enough to qualify as a Bond villain would not wish to be close to such a concrete-brutalist abomination like that. It's just awful, and the Portuguese or Azores government should have it demolished to save the countryside and never allow re-building in this place again.

Yes, I quite agree ;) Although it used to be quite the grand hotel. I know someone once called it the saddest hotel in the world.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Univex, that's a beautiful spot, and given the enormity of the building and all the roads and surrounding water, you could stick a lot of action into this one place.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    @Univex : that's a great one! And it looks so perfectly remote too. Many of the buildings mentioned here are a bit too public. Not this one.

It could also be a great setting for a horror movie.

Yes, I think an opening shot of a modern Aston cruising around in roads that used to host the rally, and now are suitably paved, would be wonderful, as would a proper chase. The Azores could very well be an interesting location, if they used Portugal as a base for the film.

Some more locations in the same island.

azores-getaways-0813.jpg

220504113707-01-vila-franca-do-campo-azores-portugal.jpg?c=original

u03bmuf33um71.jpg

sao-miguel-azores-travel-guide-sete-cidades-hike.jpg

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Univex wrote: »
    David-Rodrigues_-Sao-Mihuel_-Sete-Cidades-_-drone_-Vista-do-Rei_-clouds_-nuvens-3-1024x575.jpg

800px-Abandoned_hotel_in_Vista_do_Rei_-_Azores_-_panoramio.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Abandoned hotel in the Azores.

If The Shining was in the James Bond universe.