The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Coufal on the bench for West Ham when I needed him to start…

…and now this:

I have three Spurs players, not much we can do most managers will be hit. I only have two playing subs so this week will be like a blank week.

I have 3 Leeds players so a win and clean sheet could be vital this GW.

I'm down to just Anguissa on my bench. Will be a tough gameweek for sure, though with only Son from spurs in my team, I might actually benefit from a Sp*rs blank!

Great result for Leeds; Dallas, Bamford and Raphinha all involved in goals, so that makes up for lack of points elsewhere.

Currently on a green arrow though if spurs gets canceled i expect that to change.

Hm… The article from The Athletic doesn't specify if those that tested positive are players or staff, but I'm in a money league where one of the managers is a sports journalist; he just wrote to us in a Facebook chat we've got going for our league that several of the Fulham players have tested positive. Most likely to be postponed, was his guess.

When I eventually Wild Card I am thinking get a strong a bench as possible.

In a regular season, a weak bench isn't that risky (Christmas period aside). But now, with Covid-19 making things very complicated from an FPL perspective, we might just have to approach the bench coverage differently.

The need for a strong eleven is just as important though, so cheap, playing bench options with decent runs of fixtures is key IMO. We do have quite a few options this season though, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Thankfully there are mid priced players doing better than Premium, I will likely make sure I have players from different teams across my squad, having three players once or twice (currently in my case) is dangerous with games being postponed.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind as well. I have triple Leeds at the moment. A postponed game or two for them, and I'm relying on my entire bench. I will keep three for now though, but I think when you do have three players from one team, it can be smart to have a list of players you can easily replace those players with (preferably ones with decent fixtures and/or have a double gameweek coming up).

I think the double GW and the Blank before it could easily be thrown int turmoil, I wont be making any early moves this time. I wonder how many players need to be infected before they cancel games. I know Everton were requesting full disclosure from City regarding why the game was postponed.

…and now this:

I have three Spurs players, not much we can do most managers will be hit. I only have two playing subs so this week will be like a blank week.

I'm down to just Anguissa on my bench. Will be a tough gameweek for sure, though with only Son from spurs in my team, I might actually benefit from a Sp*rs blank!

Great result for Leeds; Dallas, Bamford and Raphinha all involved in goals, so that makes up for lack of points elsewhere.

Currently on a green arrow though if spurs gets canceled i expect that to change.

Hm… The article from The Athletic doesn't specify if those that tested positive are players or staff, but I'm in a money league where one of the managers is a sports journalist; he just wrote to us in a Facebook chat we've got going for our league that several of the Fulham players have tested positive. Most likely to be postponed, was his guess.

In a regular season, a weak bench isn't that risky (Christmas period aside). But now, with Covid-19 making things very complicated from an FPL perspective, we might just have to approach the bench coverage differently.

The need for a strong eleven is just as important though, so cheap, playing bench options with decent runs of fixtures is key IMO. We do have quite a few options this season though, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Thankfully there are mid priced players doing better than Premium, I will likely make sure I have players from different teams across my squad, having three players once or twice (currently in my case) is dangerous with games being postponed.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind as well. I have triple Leeds at the moment. A postponed game or two for them, and I'm relying on my entire bench. I will keep three for now though, but I think when you do have three players from one team, it can be smart to have a list of players you can easily replace those players with (preferably ones with decent fixtures and/or have a double gameweek coming up).

I think the double GW and the Blank before it could easily be thrown int turmoil, I wont be making any early moves this time. I wonder how many players need to be infected before they cancel games. I know Everton were requesting full disclosure from City regarding why the game was postponed.

Agree, if there's a time of the season so far where holding onto transfers is important, it's now with all the uncertainty re. the fixtures.

Haven't actually read anywhere how many players need to test positive before a game is moved. Can't be that many, I imagine.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    United goal disallowed though gone to VAR possible penalty for handball... leads to nothing
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

…and now this:

Agree, if there's a time of the season so far where holding onto transfers is important, it's now with all the uncertainty re. the fixtures.

Haven't actually read anywhere how many players need to test positive before a game is moved. Can't be that many, I imagine.

We'll find out tomorrow if it's been PP
    United goal disallowed though gone to VAR possible penalty for handball... leads to nothing

Surprised there isn't any goals yet!

…and now this:

We'll find out tomorrow if it's been PP

Indeed, but it won't be surprising if it is.
    Prime Video still advertising the Spurs game tomorrow.

I can see Wolves nicking a win if United don't sort it out in front of goal.
    Prime Video still advertising the Spurs game tomorrow.

I can see Wolves nicking a win if United don't sort it out in front of goal.

Guess they will have to unless there's confirmation otherwise. We'll know soon if it goes ahead anyway.

Not following the game myself, but I see they're down to the last ten mins. Don't know what to hope for with this game myself – both from an FPL and a league table perspective!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,395
    Rashford goal in the 93rd minute get in, Bruno assist I think.

I was just thinking before the goal if we are seriously going to challenge for the title we need to win a game like this then we score. Same games played 2 points behind Liverpool we are in the mix.
    Rashford goal in the 93rd minute get in, Bruno assist I think

Man, United is really in a run of good results now…

That goal negatively affected my rank. Must be quite a few Fernandes captaincies this gameweek.

That goal negatively affected my rank. Must be quite a few Fernandes captaincies this gameweek.

Mine too, I am around 600K mark still a green arrow 43 points Dier, Son, Kane and Salah (c) to play god if that spurs game is canceled :-S

Qualified for the Cup which is good at least.

Mine too, I am around 600K mark still a green arrow 43 points Dier, Son, Kane and Salah (c) to play god if that spurs game is canceled :-S

Just Son and Salah left for me, and Anguissa on from the bench. Given the number of teams with double and triple Sp*rs, whether that game is played or not can have a massive impact on my rank.

Had completely forgot about the cup! Looks like I qualified too.

Just Son and Salah left for me, and Anguissa on from the bench. Given the number of teams with double and triple Sp*rs, whether that game is played or not can have a massive impact on my rank.

f4SH9RY.png

Almost at half way point, the last minute wins for United have propelled us to the top. I just don't trust Ole tactics for a whole season... though the End of last season we had the best run (admittedly Liverpool had dropped off when they won the title). Many have been claiming united are not in the title race, this season i think six teams could be in the title race lol
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17,295

f4SH9RY.png

Almost at half way point, the last minute wins for United have propelled us to the top. I just don't trust Ole tactics for a whole season... though the End of last season we had the best run (admittedly Liverpool had dropped off when they won the title). Many have been claiming united are not in the title race, this season i think six teams could be in the title race lol

It's so close between the top sides, and it feels like a season where anything can happen. The only thing I'm pretty sure of, is that Arsenal will drop outside the top six – and likely top ten.

f4SH9RY.png

It's so close between the top sides, and it feels like a season where anything can happen. The only thing I'm pretty sure of, is that Arsenal will drop outside the top six – and maybe even top ten.

It depends if Arteta can go on a run, when teams are taking points off each other any team can quietly climb the table with three or four wins in a row.

f4SH9RY.png

It's so close between the top sides, and it feels like a season where anything can happen. The only thing I'm pretty sure of, is that Arsenal will drop outside the top six – and maybe even top ten.

It depends if Arteta can go on a run, when teams are taking points off each other any team can quietly climb the table with three or four wins in a row.

I seriously doubt they will. Arsenal were pretty dire today, aside from the Lacazette goal and the performance of the youngsters (again). No way that this performance would have been enough for a top ten team.
    Fulham tweeting as if the game is still on for tonight.

Just checked for updates, SKY say Fulham are in talks with the PL about postponing the game.

Just checked for updates, SKY say Fulham are in talks with the PL about postponing the game.

Hopefully they play both games.
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can't see benefit of two-week circuit break for Covid rise
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12174994/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-cant-see-benefit-of-two-week-circuit-break-for-covid-rise

I think a circuit breaker would be pointless as you could have a two week break then have several staff testing positive a week after the break. Football has to soldier on IMO.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12174994/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-cant-see-benefit-of-two-week-circuit-break-for-covid-rise

I think a circuit breaker would be pointless as you could have a two week break then have several staff testing positive a week after the break. Football has to soldier on IMO.

They should keep going i think.

If we see a great amount of cases, then it might have to happen anyway. But it will make the schedule for the teams even more difficult, with cup games and European games to be played as well.

If we see a great amount of cases, then it might have to happen anyway. But it will make the schedule for the teams even more difficult, with cup games and European games to be played as well.

Got the euro's as well next year.

Got the euro's as well next year.

Yes, there's that to factor in too.
    Spurs v Fulham off as expected, leaving it so late can't be the way this is handled going forward, the apposing team
    Burnley v Fulham
    Chelsea v City

Both likely not to happen so if you have players from those teams decisions to be made. I only have Taylor for Burnley.
    Spurs v Fulham off as expected, leaving it so late can't be the way this is handled going forward, the apposing team

It really isn't good the way they're handling things at the moment. It's easy to understand why they might have to make a late decision, but it really makes the situation difficult for both teams.
    Burnley v Fulham
    Chelsea v City

Both likely not to happen so if you have players from those teams decisions to be made. I only have Taylor for Burnley.

Taylor (injured), Anguissa (bench) and Chillwell are my players in those fixtures. If it's a lengthy injury for Taylor, I have to transfer him out anyway. I might even take a hit to transfer out Vestergaard (also injured), in case there are more postponements.

It really isn't good the way they're handling things at the moment. It's easy to understand why they might have to make a late decision, but it really makes the situation difficult for both teams.
    Burnley v Fulham
    Chelsea v City

Taylor (injured), Anguissa (bench) and Chillwell are my players in those fixtures. If it's a lengthy injury for Taylor, I have to transfer him out anyway. I might even take a hit to transfer out Vestergaard (also injured), in case there are more postponements.

Just noticed Taylor is flagged will look at getting a player in for GW18 as a replacement, I don't know I am on a green arrow and 3 Spurs players at home v Fulham I could have climbed the rankings a bit oh well lol Seriously though they need to cancel games quicker going forward, we have known about the Fulham situation for some time already.

Burnley v Fulham
    Chelsea v City

Just noticed Taylor is flagged will look at getting a player in for GW18 as a replacement, I don't know I am on a green arrow and 3 Spurs players at home v Fulham I could have climbed the rankings a bit oh well lol Seriously though they need to cancel games quicker going forward, we have known about the Fulham situation for some time already.

Preferably before the gameweek deadline(s)!

Struggling to find a Taylor replacement myself. Not that there aren't options in that price bracket, but I'm really not sure I trust many of the replacements to get clean sheets. Could just get another Burnley def, though.