The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited December 2020 Posts: 17,313
    Just woke, see DCL got nothing though I will take those Bamford points.

I really hoped Calvert-Lewin could get something other than a yellow card from that game, but given the ownership, we can at least take comfort that many other managers are in the same boat.

Not happy with my team and points, constant defense issues not helping no matter what I do to fix it it backfires. Going to rethink my strategy for GW19.
    tumblr_inline_ohgwl9wbJD1sz51mk_250.gifv

This GIF is certainly descriptive of how it feels to navigate gameweek 18/19! :))
    Typical…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    West ham aren't blowing any bubbles so far........
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I really hoped Calvert-Lewin could get something other than a yellow card from that game, but given the ownership, we can at least take comfort that many other managers are in the same boat.

Not happy with my team and points, constant defense issues not helping no matter what I do to fix it it backfires. Going to rethink my strategy for GW19.

This GIF is certainly descriptive of how it feels to navigate gameweek 18/19! :))

I have a plan though not sure if it will work, I am going to have to use pen and paper to right down all the teams playing in GW18 and 19 lol

Go Brighton a West Ham clean sheet would make my week even worse.
    West ham aren't blowing any bubbles so far........

1-1 now, but not an exciting game, that's for sure…

I have a plan though not sure if it will work, I am going to have to use pen and paper to right down all the teams playing in GW18 and 19 lol

Go Brighton a West Ham clean sheet would make my week even worse.

Writing down a plan is a good idea. I did so myself before this gameweek, and I have a plan for the upcoming gameweeks. Chilwell returning from injury and Vestergaard now unavailable has made things much more difficult though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,465
    Huge mistake me selling Matip he has got two assists since I lost patience with him gr

Come on Salah need those Captain points, Mane is looking the more likely to score again...
    Huge mistake me selling Matip he has got two assists since I lost patience with him gr

Come on Salah need those Captain points, Mane is looking the more likely to score again...

Went off injured now.

Salah doesn't look to have his goalscoring boots on…

Went off injured now.

Salah injured? I stopped watching the game, another captain fail for me lol

Went off injured now.

Salah injured? I stopped watching the game, another captain fail for me lol

No, Matip. Seconds before securing a clean sheet!
    Oooo, it's 1-1!
    Liverpool conceding and drawing as a United fan makes up for a rubbish GW

Got a slightly greener arrow likely due to the high percentage of teams that includes Liverpool defenders. Will need one soon though.

Got a slightly greener arrow likely due to the high percentage of teams that includes Liverpool defenders. Will need one soon though.

Spurs failed, terrible GW in free fall.

This was a difficult gameweek, I think. With many of the premium players failing to deliver, we had to rely on other players for points.

This was a difficult gameweek, I think. With many of the premium players failing to deliver, we had to rely on other players for points.

Thought Duer was going to get a clean sheet then Wolves scored late gr

Thought Duer was going to get a clean sheet then Wolves scored late gr

Didn't follow the game, but had a text coverage up in one of my browser tabs. From what was written there, Wolves didn't look like scoring – until they did.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Yeah that was a tough gw.
    New gw tomorrow.

Yeah that was a tough gw.
    New gw tomorrow.

Indeed it is!
    Gameweek 16 is just hours away(!), but we have time to congratulate our gameweek 15 winner, Ayew Crazy ! – congratulations! =D>

sZaK6GH.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !

With the quick turnaround of gameweeks, I think I'll write down the league table standings after gameweek 17, so that we can see how the Christmas period has affected our positions. Hope everyone is fine with that!
    _____

Again, the next deadline is just hours away, at 13:30 UK time, so remember to have your teams sorted out by then!
    Congratulations Ayew Crazy !
    ---

These are the games our respective line ups could be decimated by rotation, DCL rumored to be rested.
    ---

These are the games our respective line ups could be decimated by rotation, DCL rumored to be rested.

I know… Really don't need any rotation this gameweek, but I'm too afraid of taking a hit as that might backfire too. I got Coufal first on bench – and Anguissa, should more than one player miss out.

I'm most interested getting this gameweek over with, and start making transfers for gameweek 18/19. Still not completely settled on my plan as I stumbled on a few alternative ways of approaching the blank/double.
    ---

I know… Really don't need any rotation this gameweek, but I'm too afraid of taking a hit as that might backfire too. I got Coufal first on bench – and Anguissa, should more than one player miss out.

I'm most interested getting this gameweek over with, and start making transfers for gameweek 18/19. Still not completely settled on my plan as I stumbled on a few alternative ways of approaching the blank/double.

I have gone with Salah as Captain I did initially pick Kane though Fulham really don't concede much.

Man United scored 4 v Newcastle and Leeds hit five past them surely Liverpool will do the same, Salah brace please. [-O<
    ---

I have gone with Salah as Captain I did initially pick Kane though Fulham really don't concede much.

Man United scored 4 v Newcastle and Leeds hit five past them surely Liverpool will do the same, Salah brace please. [-O<

Salah for me too, but mostly because I din't want to overthink my captaincy this gameweek. Could have gone with Son of course, so it was a 50/50 call.

Really don't know what to expect from this gameweek. It feels like one that might go well, or horribly wrong. I've already made a risky enough move…
    Vardy benched for Leicester
    ---

Salah for me too, but mostly because I din't want to overthink my captaincy this gameweek. Could have gone with Son of course, so it was a 50/50 call.

Really don't know what to expect from this gameweek. It feels like one that might go well, or horribly wrong. I've already made a risky enough move…

I only took one transfer not taken a hit in weeks.
    ---

Vardy benched? Interesting; a rest should make him a good option for next gameweek.

I've been tempted to take hits for many gameweeks now, but have decided against it most of the time. Some of those hits I should have taken, while I've been happy to avoid others.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,465
    ---

Vardy benched? Interesting; a rest should make him a good option for next gameweek.

I've been tempted to take hits for many gameweeks now, but have decided against it most of the time. Some of those hits I should have taken, while I've been happy to avoid others.

Maddison benched also.

my team for this GW, not confidant, after two Captain Blanks I hope Salah delivers.

WccGe9m.png

erm why have I benched Taylor
    @-)
    Here are the gameweek 16 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 4
    Kane: 3
    Son: 3
    Vardy: 3
    Calvert-Lewin: 2
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Fernandes: 1

No stand-out captaincy pick this gameweek, with Salah just ahead of Kane, Son and Vardy. It's a gameweek where many players can do well, so it's interesting to see who'll get the most points!

Good luck everyone!
    Me benching Taylor shows I am not fully focused on FPL gr
    ---

Maddison benched also.

my team for this GW, not confidant, after two Captain Blanks I hope Salah delivers.

WccGe9m.png

Wow, didn't see that happening!

This is a very strong team; I can see all of these players doing well this gameweek. Below is my team – not too different to yours really, but you have the benefit of owning McCarthy, Kane, Dier and Grealish – and a better bench too.

Martínez
    Chilwell - Dallas - Taylor
    Son - Raphinha - Fernandes - Salah
    Watkins - Calvert-Lewin - Bamford
    (Button - Coufal - Vestergaard - Anguissa)
    Maddison carrying a injury according to Rodgers.