The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,674
    I hate losing, I am a bad loser lol

Because of GW18 I am keeping Kane and Son for now though I hope Spurs sort themselves out quick.

Wolves v Spurs could be their last chance saloon.
    Leicester v Man Utd too.

I will be hitting my Wildcard for GW19 so currently building a team for the Blank GW18. Long term I will likely get rid of Kane and keep Son. Though when I was looking at potential replacements yesterday nothing really jumps out at the moment.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Because of GW18 I am keeping Kane and Son for now though I hope Spurs sort themselves out quick.

Leicester v Man Utd too.

I will be hitting my Wildcard for GW19 so currently building a team for the Blank GW18. Long term I will likely get rid of Kane and keep Son. Though when I was looking at potential replacements yesterday nothing really jumps out at the moment.

Mctominay ? :)>-
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Leicester v Man Utd too.

No chance he wont do that again anytime soon, not with Ole's usual safety first tactics.

The Leeds game was a anomaly because of how ridiculously open Leeds play.

Leicester v Man Utd too.

No chance he wont do that again anytime soon, not with Ole's usual safety first tactics.

Ole will probably bench him and play pogba next ?

Leicester v Man Utd too.

With Ole you never know to be honest, he rarely plays what I would consider his best 11. I feel for DVB one of our potentially best players and rarely starts or even features.

Leicester v Man Utd too.

With Ole you never know to be honest, he rarely plays what I would consider his best 11. I feel for DVB one of our potentially best players and rarely starts or even features.

True.
    DVB looked good when he was playing. He hasn't started in ages.
    Assist from Taylor 71 points all out, which makes the captain fail or the more pain full, oh well onto the next GW.
    Assist from Taylor 71 points all out, which makes the captain fail or the more pain full, oh well onto the next GW.

That should be well above the average, shouldn't it? I think we just have to focus on the stuff that went right for us this gameweek and move on to the next. Grealish and Dias out as a punt failed massively for me.

We also have the gameweek 18 blank and the gameweek 19 double to look forward to!
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17,372
    A very high scoring gameweek is just finished, and looking at our league, we had some very good scores. Best of us all was Liverpool Richmond, with 84 points – congratulations! =D>

59RsxHn.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    League table standings:

1. Liverpool Richmond: GW 84 - TOT 859
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 82 - TOT 824
    3. Team Extreme: GW 71 - TOT 822
    4. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 77 - TOT 811
    5. MEJICO POWA: GW 54 - TOT 795
    6. Ayew Crazy !: GW 82 - TOT 789
    7. Cremonese-killen: GW 56 - TOT 757
    8. Mesut Özil: GW 57 - TOT 755
    9. Honesty FC: GW 58 - TOT 751
    10. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 70 - TOT 750
    11. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 33 - TOT 748
    12. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 69 - TOT 747
    13. False 9 FC: GW 49 - TOT 737
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 56 - TOT 702
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 51 - TOT 691
    16. Anfield FC: GW 57 - TOT 641
    17. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 60 - TOT 633
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 62 - TOT 611
    ________

Remember to take time from the holiday celebrations and have your teams ready for the gameweek 15 deadline, Saturday 26, 11:00 UK time!
    Congratulations Liverpool Richmond
    ----
    I am working all Christmas (I don't celebrate it) already made one transfer in preparation for GW18. Thankfully I have Boxing Day afternoon off to watch the games.
    ----
    I am working all Christmas (I don't celebrate it) already made one transfer in preparation for GW18. Thankfully I have Boxing Day afternoon off to watch the games.

That's early! I'm still undecided what to do, but I need to make a plan in time for the blanks. I think I need to drop one of the premium players in order to do anything really, and that's making things difficult.
    ----

That's early! I'm still undecided what to do, but I need to make a plan in time for the blanks. I think I need to drop one of the premium players in order to do anything really, and that's making things difficult.

I made the transfer two days ago lol I don't mess about with only 0.1m margin any changes could have block my move, plus its for GW18.
    ----

I made the transfer two days ago lol I don't mess about with only 0.1m margin any changes could have block my move, plus its for GW18.

Yeah, when it's moves with a blank in mind, that changes things.

I find it difficult to settle on a strategy for the blank/double. I have a note on my laptop with a list of players in my team that blank (and have a double gameweek in GW 19), and players that don't. Right now my team for gameweek 18 consist of 6 players, and I could sort out a complete eleven without taking hits. That requires that nothing unexpected happens, and that I can field a strong team in the gameweeks leading up to gameweek 18.

I also have the opportunity to target gameweek 19, but that requires just as much – if not more – planning.
    ----

I find it difficult to settle on a strategy for the blank/double. Right now I have a note on my laptop with a list of players in my team that blank (and have a double gameweek in GW 19), and players that don't. Right now my team for gameweek 18 consist of 6 players, and I could sort out a complete eleven without taking hits. That requires that nothing unexpected happens, and that I can field a strong team in the gameweeks leading up to gameweek 18.

I also have the opportunity to target gameweek 19, but that requires just as much – if not more – planning.

So far I have 7 players for GW18 (I also wrote them on a post it note next to my PC lol)

I will probably bank two transfers before GW18 to get a few better players that will be active in the blank. I definately need to change my keeper as my reserve keeper is Button.

Lascelles is one of the players so hoping by then he will return from injury.
    ----

I find it difficult to settle on a strategy for the blank/double. Right now I have a note on my laptop with a list of players in my team that blank (and have a double gameweek in GW 19), and players that don't. Right now my team for gameweek 18 consist of 6 players, and I could sort out a complete eleven without taking hits. That requires that nothing unexpected happens, and that I can field a strong team in the gameweeks leading up to gameweek 18.

So far I have 7 players for GW18 (I also wrote them on a post it note next to my PC lol)

I will probably bank two transfers before GW18 to get a few better players that will be active in the blank. I definately need to change my keeper as my reserve keeper is Button.

Decent fixture for Lascelles and Newcastle in gameweek 18, so I definitely get why you want him available!

I might bank a transfer this gameweek too, depending on Chilwell's injury and team news. With my plan towards the blank/double a bit up in the air still, doing nothing for this gameweek might be best.
    ----

Decent fixture for Lascelles and Newcastle in gameweek 18, so I definitely get why you want him available!

I might bank a transfer this gameweek too, depending on Chilwell's injury and team news. With my plan towards the blank/double a bit up in the air still, doing nothing for this gameweek might be best.

I would settle for ten players for the blank it's not a great GW to take hits as will be low scoring unless all the players with points are achieved. I already have 3 Spurs though I expect most people will do the same.
    ----

I would settle for ten players for the blank it's not a great GW to take hits as will be low scoring unless all the players with points are achieved. I already have 3 Spurs though I expect most people will do the same.

Exactly. If you don't use the Free Hit and go into gameweek 18 only by doing transfers, it's not a gameweek to target "heavily" – unless you have a long-term plan by doing so (playing wildcard straight afterwards for example).

Right now I'm torn between going into that gameweek with a minimum of players (something like 7-8), or playing the Free Hit. Playing the Free Hit is the easy solution as you can just look beyond gameweek 18 in your planning, but there's always the chance a better gameweek to play the chip presents itself.
    ----

Exactly. If you don't use the Free Hit and go into gameweek 18 only by doing transfers, it's not a gameweek to target "heavily" – unless you have a long-term plan by doing so (playing wildcard straight afterwards for example).

Right now I'm torn between going into that gameweek with a minimum of players (something like 7-8), or playing the Free Hit. Playing the Free Hit is the easy solution as you can just look beyond gameweek 18 in your planning, but there's always the chance a better gameweek to play the chip presents itself.

100% I will Wildcard after GW18 I will need to and also I xan finally sort out my defence.
    ----

100% I will Wildcard after GW18 I will need to and also I xan finally sort out my defence.

I'm hoping to wait a bit longer with my second wildcard personally, but these things are so individually up to each team; if the defence is an issue, and it's not easy to solve, then an early wildcard can provide you with the solution – and maybe even give the team a boost in the rankings.

Due to Arsenal being horrible again, I instead turned my attention to solving the gameweek 18/10 conundrum. I think I've landed on a solution now, which might work. My main doubts about this solution is that it's only based on the number of gameweek 18/19 players currently in my team. On the other hand, I now have a clear transfer plan between gameweek 15-19 (as long as there are no injuries of course).
    ----

I'm hoping to wait a bit longer with my second wildcard personally, but these things are so individually up to each team; if the defence is an issue, and it's not easy to solve, then an early wildcard can provide you with the solution – and maybe even give the team a boost in the rankings.

Due to Arsenal being horrible again, I instead turned my attention to solving the gameweek 18/10 conundrum. I think I've landed on a solution now, which might work. My main doubts about this solution is that it's only based on the number of gameweek 18/19 players currently in my team. On the other hand, I now have a clear transfer plan between gameweek 15-19 (as long as there are no injuries of course).

I am forced to Wildcard in GW19 having already used my free hit, plus I can exploit the double games.
    Captain again this week ?

giphy.gif
    Vestergaard flagged with knee injury [-(

My issues with defense are beyond a joke at this point.
    ----

I am forced to Wildcard in GW19 having already used my free hit, plus I can exploit the double games.

Having used the Free Hit does limit your options to navigate gameweek 18/19, that's for sure (from a hip point of view). The advantage with the wildcard though, is that you can set up the team for the long-term.
    Captain again this week ?

giphy.gif

Pretty sure I'll have the armband on Salah!

Hopefully there will only be these cases and not any more!

Hopefully there will only be these cases and not any more!

With people mixing with family and friends even in a limited way at Christmas it was bound to happen.
    No changes this week for me atm.
    Any changes this gweek guys ? A few injury concerns with chilwell and Vestergaard .
    Any changes this gweek guys ? A few injury concerns with chilwell and Vestergaard .

Lascelles and Vestergaard flagged for me, don't want to take a hit so relying on the other three defenders.

Lascelles and Vestergaard flagged for me, don't want to take a hit so relying on the other three defenders.

Leicester v Man Utd will be a good one.

Leicester v Man Utd will be a good one.

Unfortunately it's on BT Sports, I already pay for Sky and Prime Video I refuse to pay for BT Sports also. Plenty of other good matches over the weekend/week.