The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    c87b7a09666cec4d343cc4ef8e190fa8
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FA CUP WINNERS 🏆 | Manchester United 🔴
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Who won ? :)>-
    I over did the celebrations and lost my voice 😂
    Looks like i missed the shock of the season! :))
    edited May 26 Posts: 23,858
    That win is definitely up there with my favorite cup wins and I have seen us win a lot over the years. I honestly thought we had no chance which makes it special. Many finals we have more often than not been favorites to win, yesterday I don't think anyone expected anything other than a City win.

The fact two academy graduate teenagers scored our goals makes it all the sweeter, we have excellent young players the futures looks bright.

Amrabat was exceptional as the holding midfielder and showed his World Cup form, I would sign him on a permanent deal.
  • Man United's win reminds me of Arsenal's last 2 cup wins: double deniers that were not at their best and often had to make compromises in the final: of course both Arsenal sides were back 5s, and United often dropped Amrabat in for defensive periods. Whether Ten Hag will go the way of Wenger or Arteta is still to be seen though.
    Bringing out a performance in a cup final has been Arsenal's route to success in recent years, and this United team's win does indeed feel very similar to the Arsenal sides that have won their latest cup titles.

It shows that with the dominance by City in the league, the cup competitions are all the more important for "the rest".
    If I were Ten Hag pre match i would have been saying that you can't let City create another record. I am glad we got revenge for last years F.A. Cup Final loss, United need to be competitive and I was fearful of capitulation... again.
    edited May 29 Posts: 23,858
    og-image.png
    Deadline to submit your team is June 14th @ 20:00 BST

Euro2024 Fantasy Football
    https://gaming.uefa.com/en/eurofantasy/create-team

If you played Fantasy Football during Euro2020 you will already have an account, I just needed to reset my password. If new to Euro Fantasy Football you can register by clicking the login icon on the page in the link above.

I have made my first Euro2024 Fantasy Football draft, I am going to have to follow a few of the friendlies leading up to the tournament to see what fringe players to commit too.
    edited May 29 Posts: 23,858
    Back of the net! league code is RGxUJq or just click the link below to join.

Join link...
    https://gaming.uefa.com/en/eurofantasy/leagues/RGxUJq/004200610063006B0020006F006600200074006800650020006E006500740021/Team Extreme
    edited June 1 Posts: 2,368
    Global music icon Lenny Kravitz is set to take to the stage at Wembley Stadium ahead of the 2024 UEFA Champions League final.

5am kickoff.... b-(
  • edited June 2 Posts: 17,408
    Been offline from the forum for some days this week, so I'm just catching up. Thanks for setting up the league, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! I'm making a quick first draft while writing this. :)

What did we think of the CL final? Not surprised by the result, but was hoping for Borussia Dortmund myself.
    edited June 3 Posts: 23,858
    Been offline from the forum for some days this week, so I'm just catching up. Thanks for setting up the league, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! I'm making a quick first draft while writing this. :)

What did we think of the CL final? Not surprised by the result, but was hoping for Borussia Dortmund myself.

I have changed my mind countless times with players, Andy's videos tend to have that effect lol

I was working so missed the CL Final, I listened on the radio for the end and aftermath. I expected RM to win... they always do.

Typically the English media is going overboard with Bellingham saying he would walk into any English team in history which is ludicrous. Bellingham is good but not that good.

---

Thanks for joining @Torgeirtrap

Join link...
    https://gaming.uefa.com/en/eurofantasy/leagues/RGxUJq/004200610063006B0020006F006600200074006800650020006E006500740021/Team Extreme
    All are welcome to join the Euro 2024 league.
    Very much fringe players for England tonight against Bosnia, TAA and Palmer in midfield should be good, Watkins should get some good opportunities in front of goal.
    Eze looking very good, think he has already booked his place to Germany.
    England a bit lackluster in the first half, our form the last 3 games not been great could be a concern going into the tournament.
    England penalty, Kane ready to come on... Palmer to take penalty... Goal.
    Good goal from the excellent TAA, had a good second half.
    3 - 0 Kane.

I have changed my mind countless times with players, Andy's videos tend to have that effect lol

I was working so missed the CL Final, I listened on the radio for the end and aftermath. I expected RM to win... they always do.

Typically the English media is going overboard with Bellingham saying he would walk into any English team in history which is ludicrous. Bellingham is good but not that good.

---

Thanks for joining @Torgeirtrap

Join link...
    All are welcome to join the Euro 2024 league.

Haven't changed my team much yet, myself. Just picked the essentials, and will have to do a bit of work picking the rest of the team.

Bellingham would walk into many English teams, that's for sure. He'd compete with a lot of great players to be among the very best though. But he's already achieved much, and has the best years ahead of him, so imagine how good he can become!
    Very much fringe players for England tonight against Bosnia, TAA and Palmer in midfield should be good, Watkins should get some good opportunities in front of goal.

Forgot this game was tonight. Will have to try and catch a few international games before it all kicks off, just to get a better idea about who I want to pick. Are there any players in this England team you think will play all – or at least most games, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?
    Mourinho to Fenerbahçe and Süper Lig will be something, that's for sure!

@Torgeirtrap I think most of the squad will be Southgate's usual go to players, Eze and Palmer maybe worried as players that came on in the second half did better. Bowen played well as did Gallagher and they played all game so i think they have booked places.

TAA has to be fitted into the starting 11 because of his passing, TAA may start in CM along side Rice,

Some good players will miss out on the tournament, Watkins again disappointment he could miss out.
    @Torgeirtrap I think most of the squad will be Southgate's usual go to players, Eze and Palmer maybe worried as players that came on in the second half did better. Bowen played well as did Gallagher and they played all game so i think they have booked places.

TAA has to be fitted into the starting 11 because of his passing, TAA may start in CM along side Rice,

Some good players will miss out on the tournament, Watkins again disappointment he could miss out.

I have considered Palmer, but he's not in my draft because of the uncertainty re. minutes. TAA could be in my team by the time the Euro's kick off. Right now, my budget has gone into midfield and attack.

I have considered Palmer, but he's not in my draft because of the uncertainty re. minutes. TAA could be in my team by the time the Euro's kick off. Right now, my budget has gone into midfield and attack.

Palmer played at 10 tonight so it appears he is behind Saka and Bowen to play on the right, Palmer being able to play centrally and on the wing may go in his favor and Madisson could miss out, though Madisson did well when on the pitch tonight. Southgate has a headache that's for sure.

Foden and Kane are in my first draft and unlikely to change, outfield I would only consider Bellingham or Saka as other options.

Palmer played at 10 tonight so it appears he is behind Saka and Bowen to play on the right, Palmer being able to play centrally and on the wing may go in his favor and Madisson could miss out, though Madisson did well when on the pitch tonight. Southgate has a headache that's for sure.

Foden and Kane are in my first draft and unlikely to change, outfield I would only consider Bellingham or Saka as other options.

He sure has no shortage of talent to choose from! :))

Kane and Bellingham is in my current draft. No Foden as of yet due to budget.
    edited June 5 Posts: 2,368
    Man City's hearing over 115 PL charges set for November

Man City 'launch legal action' against Premier League over financial rules

He sure has no shortage of talent to choose from! :))

Kane and Bellingham is in my current draft. No Foden as of yet due to budget.

Off on Friday for 3 weeks so will do a deep dive on players, will likely keep the core of my first draft.