The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Maddison carrying a injury according to Rodgers.

Hm… wonder how that will affect him and Leicester going forward. They have some decent fixtures.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,522

Hm… wonder how that will affect him and Leicester going forward. They have some decent fixtures.

Think its just a precaution, he is on the bench so fit enough to come on

Think its just a precaution, he is on the bench so fit enough to come on

That's good!
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17,333
    Wow, this makes the gameweek even trickier!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Interesting looks like Taylor will come in for Targett and Klitch for Grealish for me, I have no City assets. whoops its Everton not Villa.

So DCL will be replaced by Klitch.

Interesting looks like Taylor will come in for Targett and Klitch for Grealish for me, I have no City assets. whoops its Everton not Villa.

Same here, Calvert-Lewin is the only player I own in that fixture. It will be interesting to see when the postponed game will be played. I did consider taking out Calvert-Lewin at some point, but he's going nowhere now!

Same here, Calvert-Lewin is the only player I own in that fixture. It will be interesting to see when the postponed game will be played. I did consider taking out Calvert-Lewin at some point, but he's going nowhere now!

Good goal by Zaha, hopefully Leicester will lose for United reasons.

Dam 1 - 1 Barnes
    Good news for Arsenal if Palace drop points.
    Lampard's pre match interview he does not look happy at all, must be under big pressure after recent results.

I was just thinking City recently played Newcastle, I would not be surprised if Newcastle v Liverpool gets cancelled after testing.
    Lampard's pre match interview he does not look happy at all, must be under big pressure after recent results.

I was just thinking City recently played Newcastle, I would not be surprised if Newcastle v Liverpool gets cancelled after testing.

With Tuchel apparently eying England as his next destination, I bet he does feel the pressure.

Hm…no, that wouldn't be surprising. Could make things very difficult from a FPL point of view!

With Tuchel apparently eying England as his next destination, I bet he does feel the pressure.

Hm…no, that wouldn't be surprising. Could make things very difficult from a FPL point of view!

Pretty even at Stamford Bridge Villa could get something here.

1-1 in the end! Was hoping for a 0-0, so not much to gain from this match…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Looks like very low scores this gw,

Looks like very low scores this gw,

Yes, so far at least. The advantage with low scoring gameweeks is that you can get a decent green arrow even if your gameweek score is just slightly above average (depending on where you are in the overall rankings of course).
    Coufal on the bench for West Ham when I needed him to start…

…and now this:

…and now this:

I have three Spurs players, not much we can do most managers will be hit. I only have two playing subs so this week will be like a blank week.

I have 3 Leeds players so a win and clean sheet could be vital this GW.
    Dodgy own goal by West Brom, what was the defender thinking.

2 - 0 Alioski Leeds could go on the rampage... come on Klitch and Bamford [-O<

3 - 0 Harrison Bamford assist

4 - 0 Rodrigo 40 mins played
    Latest Points 9. WOW, as klopp would say.
    The problem with free scoring Leeds is every player scores lol
    The problem with free scoring Leeds is every player scores lol

How did Liverpool draw with wba.....
    5 - 0 Raphina goal

Liverpool and city will both be kicking themselves drawing at home to WBA
    Just realised my Leeds assets all got assists...
    Bamford 2
    Klich 1
    Dallas 1

Typical Burnley get clean sheet Taylor only lasted 8 minutes.
    Just realised my Leeds assets all got assists...
    Bamford 2
    Klich 1
    Dallas 1

Typical Burnley get clean sheet Taylor only lasted 8 minutes.

Cresswell points again

…and now this:

I have three Spurs players, not much we can do most managers will be hit. I only have two playing subs so this week will be like a blank week.

I'm down to just Anguissa on my bench. Will be a tough gameweek for sure, though with only Son from Sp*rs in my team, I might actually benefit from a Sp*rs blank!

Great result for Leeds; Dallas, Bamford and Raphinha all involved in goals, so that makes up for lack of points elsewhere.

…and now this:

I'm down to just Anguissa on my bench. Will be a tough gameweek for sure, though with only Son from spurs in my team, I might actually benefit from a Sp*rs blank!

Great result for Leeds; Dallas, Bamford and Raphinha all involved in goals, so that makes up for lack of points elsewhere.

Currently on a green arrow though if spurs gets canceled i expect that to change.

…and now this:

I'm down to just Anguissa on my bench. Will be a tough gameweek for sure, though with only Son from spurs in my team, I might actually benefit from a Sp*rs blank!

Currently on a green arrow though if spurs gets canceled i expect that to change.

Hm… The article from The Athletic doesn't specify if those that tested positive are players or staff, but I'm in a money league where one of the managers is a sports journalist; he just wrote to us in a Facebook chat we've got going for our league that several of the Fulham players have tested positive. Most likely to be postponed, was his guess.

…and now this:

Hm… The article from The Athletic doesn't specify if those that tested positive are players or staff, but I'm in a money league where one of the managers is a sports journalist; he just wrote to us in a Facebook chat we've got going for our league that several of the Fulham players have tested positive. Most likely to be postponed, was his guess.

When I eventually Wild Card I am thinking get a strong a bench as possible.

United v Wolves got 0 - 0 written all over it.

…and now this:

In a regular season, a weak bench isn't that risky (Christmas period aside). But now, with Covid-19 making things very complicated from an FPL perspective, we might just have to approach the bench coverage differently.

The need for a strong eleven is just as important though, so cheap, playing bench options with decent runs of fixtures is key IMO. We do have quite a few options this season though, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

…and now this:

In a regular season, a weak bench isn't that risky (Christmas period aside). But now, with Covid-19 making things very complicated from an FPL perspective, we might just have to approach the bench coverage differently.

The need for a strong eleven is just as important though, so cheap, playing bench options with decent runs of fixtures is key IMO. We do have quite a few options this season though, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Thankfully there are mid priced players doing better than Premium, I will likely make sure I have players from different teams across my squad, having three players once or twice (currently in my case) is dangerous with games being postponed.

…and now this:

Thankfully there are mid priced players doing better than Premium, I will likely make sure I have players from different teams across my squad, having three players once or twice (currently in my case) is dangerous with games being postponed.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind as well. I have triple Leeds at the moment. A postponed game or two for them, and I'm relying on my entire bench. I will keep three for now though, but I think when you do have three players from one team, it can be smart to have a list of players you can easily replace those players with (preferably ones with decent fixtures and/or have a double gameweek coming up).