The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I could have done anything from one FT to a -8. Decided to just do the one transfer, so I can have two free transfers next gameweek. The money league I'm in is getting very close now, so I have to balance playing it safe and sticking to (some form of) a plan, or gamble. The result of this double gameweek will decide what I have to do for gameweek 38.

The guy who's no. 1 in that league has used all his chips, and I played Bench Boost for this gameweek. Won't surprise me if he finds a way to outscore my Bench Boost with only eleven players! :))

You should out score him, 12 of my players have double games and I still have my bench boost so the -8 may pay off. The hits were for two goal keepers with double gw's.

He's 11 points ahead of me from today's games alone! :))
    Well its been a disaster most of my players today blanked.

My players have offered very little too. My money league rival got a head start with points from Gvardiol and De Bruyne. We both have Foden, whereas I have Haaland (C), and he, who does not have Haaland (and have somehow have not been punished by not having him), has Palmer (C).

I was going to captain Foden and almost bought Porro, two decisions that would have been good.

City look unstoppable, Arsenal will need a miracle I think from Spurs.
    I could have done anything from one FT to a -8. Decided to just do the one transfer, so I can have two free transfers next gameweek. The money league I'm in is getting very close now, so I have to balance playing it safe and sticking to (some form of) a plan, or gamble. The result of this double gameweek will decide what I have to do for gameweek 38.

The guy who's no. 1 in that league has used all his chips, and I played Bench Boost for this gameweek. Won't surprise me if he finds a way to outscore my Bench Boost with only eleven players! :))

You should out score him, 12 of my players have double games and I still have my bench boost so the -8 may pay off. The hits were for two goal keepers with double gw's.

My players have offered very little too. My money league rival got a head start with points from Gvardiol and De Bruyne. We both have Foden, whereas I have Haaland (C), and he, who does not have Haaland (and have somehow have not been punished by not having him), has Palmer (C).

I was going to captain Foden and almost bought Porro, two decisions that would have been good.

I already own Pedro Porro – but so does my money league rival! :)) He's up 15 points against my Bench Boost team at the moment. So many things going his way right now…

If anything, I can see Sp*rs delivering a season worst performance just to ruin Arsenal's chances!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I already own Pedro Porro – but so does my money league rival! :)) He's up 15 points against my Bench Boost team at the moment. So many things going his way right now…

If anything, I can see Sp*rs delivering a season worst performance just to ruin Arsenal's chances!

What's first prize for the money league you're in ?
  • edited May 12 Posts: 17,361

What's first prize for the money league you're in ?

I can't remember, but I think with the number of teams, we ended up with something like 1000 Norwegian Kroner, which is about $91 or £73. We also have a monthly competition, where the manager who scores the most points in a month, gets 185 Kroner.

In addition, we this year have a separate "Second Chance" league running from January until the end of the season. This was actually a good idea, and if there's interest in joining a second league, we can set up a "Back of the net! – Second Chance" league next season, which might keep the interest up for everyone.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 12 Posts: 23,591
    Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal | Full Premier League Highlights | 2011/12

Insane game I remember watching this vividly, even more so as I never really rated this team despite being champions. Rooney was on fire here.

Today's game will be good though the score line could be opposite with our depleted squad.
    You had to bring up this game, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? :))

I have a feeling United will go for this game, and I think Arsenal might crumble in a game they simply have to win.

I have a feeling United will go for this game, and I think Arsenal might crumble in a game they simply have to win.

Blame the Premier League site they posted it lol

I think you will win easy our defence is wrecked, I heard Amrabat may need to start at the back.

There needs to be a investigation into all these injury's and our medical staff it is ridiculous how bad things have got..
    Keeper

André Onana

Defenders

Casemiro

Diogo Dalot

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Jonny Evans

Midfielders

Sofyan Amrabat

Amad Diallo

Alejandro Garnacho

Kobbie Mainoo

Scott McTominay

Forward

Rasmus Højlund

I am not confident with this line up at all, Bruno not in squad I knew I should have sold him.

I am not happy with TH as he has Willy Kambwala back on the bench, Casemiro has been terrible at CB.

Arsenals biggest game in 20 years?

Come on United.
    United cant string two passes together.
    For gods sake, United push up.
    Rasmus had a great chance then should have done better.
    Amad showing why he should have had more game time this season.
    edited May 12 Posts: 23,591
    What the hell, we were actually doing ok and Casemiro position was shocking which kept Arsenal players onside, that was very poor by Casemiro.

The rest of the team should be fuming.
    Casemiro's body language is not great, if I were TH I would sub him.
    We have played reasonably well just very wasteful in the final third.
  • edited May 12 Posts: 17,361

I think you will win easy our defence is wrecked, I heard Amrabat may need to start at the back.

There needs to be a investigation into all these injury's and our medical staff it is ridiculous how bad things have got..

Haha, OK! :))

Arsenal have been in the same situation before, and they've had their share of unfortunate injuries this season too. There has been some changes in the medical staff in recent seasons, and it looks like they're handling injuries differently now. Jurriën Timber has yet to feature after his season long injury. Had he been an Arsenal player some seasons back, I think it's very likely he would have been playing first team football again at this stage. So far, he's only featured in a few U21 games after the injury, and has yet to play PL games.

This became the game I thought we would see, where United was a different team to that we've seen in recent weeks. The only thing that separated the teams really, was Arsenal's goal. One game to go for Arsenal now, and I really hope they will give it all. But it will take a miracle for City not to win the league. Again…

Arsenal have been in the same situation before, and they've had their share of unfortunate injuries this season too. There has been some changes in the medical staff in recent seasons, and it looks like they're handling injuries differently now. Jurriën Timber has yet to feature after his season long injury. Had he been an Arsenal player some seasons back, I think it's very likely he would have been playing first team football again at this stage. So far, he's only featured in a few U21 games after the injury, and has yet to play PL games.

This became the game I thought we would see, where United was a different team to that we've seen in recent weeks. The only thing that separated the teams really, was Arsenal's goal. One game to go for Arsenal now, and I really hope they will give it all. But it will take a miracle for City not to win the league. Again…

Hopefully Spurs who are a bit of a bogey team for City can force a draw at the minimum, alas city are on top form so its unlikely.

Hopefully Spurs who are a bit of a bogey team for City can force a draw at the minimum, alas city are on top form so its unlikely.

It would be their performance of the season if they were to get anything against City.
    Will Big Ange lose to Man City on purpose
    edited May 14 Posts: 23,591
    Listening to radio this morning has been highly amusing, the amount of Spurs fans claiming they want City to win tonight is ridiculous.

I really hope Spurs v City is a draw i would be howling as it could lead to City not winning the league and Spurs missing out on top 4 :))

---

Unai Emery reacts to incredible comeback against Liverpool

You never know where these impression will go sometimes lol
    Varane is leaving Man United, class player such a shame he had so many injury's I wish him all the best.
    City are too good, Arsenal losing to Villa at home is where they choked and lost it.

There is no way City will lose to West Ham at home...

Arsenal at home to Everton may be difficult also...
  • The season was pretty much over when we lost to both Fulham and West Ham back to back. The fact that we got back so close so quickly in early 2024 was amazing. We've certainly added some more solidity to last season's team, if at the expense of flair.
    edited May 15 Posts: 23,591
    Arsenal have built a good side, City just have cheat code active.

----
    This is damming but true.

I would not be surprised if Ange was at OT next season.
  • edited May 15 Posts: 17,361
    City are too good, Arsenal losing to Villa at home is where they choked and lost it.

There is no way City will lose to West Ham at home...

Arsenal at home to Everton may be difficult also...

Had that feeling after the Villa game. Not only was it THE must win game from the fixtures they had left (Spurs not included), but I think a win would have put City on the back foot somewhat, and increased the feeling within the squad that this might actually happen.

Now it won't, and I'm not confident Arsenal will be in a similar position again. I won't be surprised if City manage to build an even stronger squad with one or two players coming in, making their dominance even stronger. Arsenal on the other hand have now missed out two times due to their own mistakes, and I fear they simply don't have it in them to go all the way with the competition they face from City and others.

Arsenal have built a good side, City just have cheat code active.

----
    This is damming but true.

I would not be surprised if Ange was at OT next season.

Hate to say it as an Arsenal fan, but he's done well at Spurs this season. Far from perfect obviously, and you might question some of his tactics, but I have no doubt he would be a good fit for United.
    The season was pretty much over when we lost to both Fulham and West Ham back to back. The fact that we got back so close so quickly in early 2024 was amazing. We've certainly added some more solidity to last season's team, if at the expense of flair.

Yes, those two games had a lot to say how this season ended…
    Made my last transfer for the season, I am just outside the top 500'000 so thatch really the only thing to play for.
    The final gameweek deadline of the season is in less than half an hour, but let's have a look at gameweek 37 first! Gameweek 37 was a high scoring gameweek with an average score of 83 points. Contributing to that average was many managers looking to use their last chips. Our gameweek 37 winner Brand New Cadillacs did just that, scoring an impressive 147 points with their Bench Boost. Congratulations! =D>

VRgCKjA.jpeg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 22: Red Warriors & Watch how Isak you
    GW 23: AC Miami
    GW 24: TeamXtreme
    GW 25: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 26: Flip & Flop
    GW 27: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 28: Red Warriors & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: You Only Live Rice
    GW 30: The best
    GW 31: TeamXtreme
    GW 32: CSAC
    GW 33: TeamXtreme
    GW 34: Red Warriors
    GW 35: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 36: Mejico POWA
    GW 37: Brand New Cadillacs

________

Remember the deadline at 14:30 UK time!
    Made my last transfer for the season, I am just outside the top 500'000 so thatch really the only thing to play for.

I got two free transfers myself, but I'm really not sure what to do. Trying to see if there are any team news leaks that might help me with my team selection…