The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am not checking my team as I will likely do something I regret, ignoring my team on game day seems to work for me.

If I hadn't played the wildcard this week, I'd be reluctant to do much too. Making the right transfers have been really difficult this season :))

I have Saliba and VVD on my bench so I may check my team before the deadline lol

will arsenal keep a clean sheet away at spurs... surely they will?
    I am not checking my team as I will likely do something I regret, ignoring my team on game day seems to work for me.

If I hadn't played the wildcard this week, I'd be reluctant to do much too. Making the right transfers have been really difficult this season :))

I have Saliba and VVD on my bench so I may check my team before the deadline lol

I sure hope they will! I ended up with two Arsenal defenders (White and Gabriel) on my wildcard, but benched them to have sa many double gameweek players as possible in the starting eleven.

Not sure I like my wildcard team though…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 27 Posts: 23,465

I sure hope they will! I ended up with two Arsenal defenders (White and Gabriel) on my wildcard, but benched them to have sa many double gameweek players as possible in the starting eleven.

Not sure I like my wildcard team though…

Had to go out so Saliba still on my bench, oh well lol This season has been a disaster for the most part, think I am on auto pilot I did not even check my keeper.
  • edited April 27 Posts: 17,312
    Here are the gameweek 35 captaincy picks!
    Palmer: 11
    Salah: 2
    Haaland: 1
    Son: 1
    Solanke: 1
    Gordon: 1

With a double gameweek and a fantastic season in 2023/24, it's no surprise to see Palmer our most captained player of the gameweek. All but six managers have given the Chelsea man the armband, with Salah the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Haaland being injured and not on form has made FPL more interesting, I considered selling him yesterday though he has a double coming up.
    Haaland being injured and not on form has made FPL more interesting, I considered selling him yesterday though he has a double coming up.

I decided to keep him since I could place him on the bench after strengthening the team on my wildcard. There is obviously some money tied up in him, and should he miss several gameweek I might be tempted to sell. Haaland out in order to bring in De Bruyne, for example.
    Benching VVD was a wise decision.

I decided to keep him since I could place him on the bench after strengthening the team on my wildcard. There is obviously some money tied up in him, and should he miss several gameweek I might be tempted to sell. Haaland out in order to bring in De Bruyne, for example.

I definitely used my chips to early this season, I still have my bench boost which I will use in a few weeks.

I definitely used my chips to early this season, I still have my bench boost which I will use in a few weeks.

It's all very team dependent though. The guy who is no. 1 in the money league I'm in played his second wildcard ages ago, and is currently on his last chip of the season this gameweek. I'm likely saving my Bench Boost until gameweek 37, targeting double gameweek players, but it won't surprise me if his chip strategy outscores my chip strategy. Playing the wildcard early also gave him an opportunity to jump on in form players I was unable to get do to other fires to put out in my own team…

It's all very team dependent though. The guy who is no. 1 in the money league I'm in played his second wildcard ages ago, and is currently on his last chip of the season this gameweek. I'm likely saving my Bench Boost until gameweek 37, targeting double gameweek players, but it won't surprise me if his chip strategy outscores my chip strategy. Playing the wildcard early also gave him an opportunity to jump on in form players I was unable to get do to other fires to put out in my own team…

You are good at FPL you tend to top our league constantly,I wing it most of the time. The first two seasons I played I was obsessive and did better, though I got too obsessive and had FPL rage lol So I made the decision to not take it as seriously, I tend to do better at the international FPL's, admittedly when money is involved it changes things.
    Manchester United drawing at home to Burnley, I have nothing to say.

At least Liverpool have totally given upon the title.

Roral respect to Moyes, that was class.

You are good at FPL you tend to top our league constantly,I wing it most of the time. The first two seasons I played I was obsessive and did better, though I got too obsessive and had FPL rage lol So I made the decision to not take it as seriously, I tend to do better at the international FPL's, admittedly when money is involved it changes things.

Well, I might have had a good season in our league, but I think we've seen several managers having good seasons as long as we've had this league of ours.

I watch and listen to a lot less FPL content these days than I've done in previous seasons. I think there's been seasons where I've benefitted from that, but this season I probably should have put more effort into FPL, as the game is becoming more difficult than before. The money league is a big motivation obviously, as we have monthly winners as well as an overall winner each season. That means you can win back what you paid to take part in the league by winning a month or two.

PL without Klopp will be different for sure. It will be interesting to see what kind of character (and manager!) Arne Slot is.

PL without Klopp will be different for sure. It will be interesting to see what kind of character (and manager!) Arne Slot is.

Slot from Feyernord has been heavily linked, I know nothing about him.
    Rashford The TRUTH! Exclusive Henry Winter Interview

@CraigMooreOHMSS worth a watch.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I'm glad klopp is leaving as his tactics are limited, keeps playing trent as a defender, should have bought a couple of proper defenders in.

They should have signed Thomas Frank.
    I completely forgot about the Chelsea Villa game, Palmer blanked though I bet his captaincy was in the 90% range from managers.

Salah owners may want to watch this.
    Typical I sell out of form Saka and he gets 2 assists and a goal.
    I completely forgot about the Chelsea Villa game, Palmer blanked though I bet his captaincy was in the 90% range from managers.

Haven't seen the numbers, but he's probably the most captained player this gameweek.

Salah owners may want to watch this.

Something sure doesn't seem right with Salah and Klopp…
    Typical I sell out of form Saka and he gets 2 assists and a goal.

Sold him too, but I was fully aware he could get a good score. I'm not ruling out getting him back, but I've put most of the eggs in the "double gameweek player basket" now…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Need some Sp*rs points today 🚀
    I was sure I read that the deadline was tomorrow, but now I'm reading it was today?!

I didn't have any transfers planned, but I would have liked to changed the captaincy…
    The gameweek 36 deadline has passed, but let's have a look at how our teams did in gameweek 35! Gameweek 35 had an average of 52 points, several managers in our league managed to beat the average score. Best in our league this gameweek was Dinamo Skruknott, scoring 83 points.

CskB7VC.jpeg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 22: Red Warriors & Watch how Isak you
    GW 23: AC Miami
    GW 24: TeamXtreme
    GW 25: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 26: Flip & Flop
    GW 27: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 28: Red Warriors & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: You Only Live Rice
    GW 30: The best
    GW 31: TeamXtreme
    GW 32: CSAC
    GW 33: TeamXtreme
    GW 34: Red Warriors
    GW 35: Dinamo Skruknott
    I did not do much to my team, not expecting much. Next week my squad is in good shape for the Double GW with 2 free transfers and a bench boost to use.
    edited May 4 Posts: 23,465
    Haaland with a first half hatrick has bailed me out of a potentially bad GW as he is my captain.

Haaland now has 4 goals...

alas Ake has lost his clean sheet.
  • edited May 4 Posts: 17,312
    To think my only task was to place the armband on Haaland, and I missed the deadline :))

Even worse, placing the armband on Haaland would likely have seen me closing the gap on no. 1 in the money league I'm competing in! He doesn't even own Haaland…
    To think my only task was to place the armband on Haaland, and I missed the deadline :))

Even worse, placing the armband on Haaland would likely have seen me closing the gap on no. 1 in the money league I'm competing in! He doesn't even own Haaland…

Ouch! saying that I was very close to selling Haaland and probably would have if it were not for the upcoming double GW.

Ouch! saying that I was very close to selling Haaland and probably would have if it were not for the upcoming double GW.

If it wasn't for the upcoming double GW I probably would have too, so with that in mind I should probably be happy that I own him. I guess there's little chance of him being rested in the remaining games, so that's the captaincy sorted, most likely!
    United 1 - 0 down already, not good from a FPL point of view for me as Bruno is out injured.
    We could get a cricket score against us with this team tonight.