The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,459
    Spurs v Fulham off as expected, leaving it so late can't be the way this is handled going forward, the apposing team

It really isn't good the way they're handling things at the moment. It's easy to understand why they might have to make a late decision, but it really makes the situation difficult for both teams.
    Burnley v Fulham
    Chelsea v City

Both likely not to happen so if you have players from those teams decisions to be made. I only have Taylor for Burnley.

Taylor (injured), Anguissa (bench) and Chillwell are my players in those fixtures. If it's a lengthy injury for Taylor, I have to transfer him out anyway. I might even take a hit to transfer out Vestergaard (also injured), in case there are more postponements.

Just noticed Taylor is flagged will look at getting a player in for GW18 as a replacement, I don't know I am on a green arrow and 3 Spurs players at home v Fulham I could have climbed the rankings a bit oh well lol Seriously though they need to cancel games quicker going forward, we have known about the Fulham situation for some time already.

Preferably before the gameweek deadline(s)!

Struggling to find a Taylor replacement myself. Not that there aren't options in that price bracket, but I'm really not sure I trust many of the replacements to get clean sheets. Could just get another Burnley def, though.

I got someone in who could easily be benched, right now FPL is pure luck I am not going to think about it too much as there is nothing I can do about my decimated team. Those who have none of the assets in postponed games have a great advantage, the only consolation is it fell on a poor points GW.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Salah doing anything will likely be pointless as I bet most people who did not Captain him had him as Vice Captain. Not sure I can be bothered watching the game. Hopefully Liverpool will draw.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17,312
    Spurs v Fulham off as expected, leaving it so late can't be the way this is handled going forward, the apposing team

It really isn't good the way they're handling things at the moment. It's easy to understand why they might have to make a late decision, but it really makes the situation difficult for both teams.
    Burnley v Fulham
    Chelsea v City

Both likely not to happen so if you have players from those teams decisions to be made. I only have Taylor for Burnley.

Taylor (injured), Anguissa (bench) and Chillwell are my players in those fixtures. If it's a lengthy injury for Taylor, I have to transfer him out anyway. I might even take a hit to transfer out Vestergaard (also injured), in case there are more postponements.

Just noticed Taylor is flagged will look at getting a player in for GW18 as a replacement, I don't know I am on a green arrow and 3 Spurs players at home v Fulham I could have climbed the rankings a bit oh well lol Seriously though they need to cancel games quicker going forward, we have known about the Fulham situation for some time already.

Preferably before the gameweek deadline(s)!

Struggling to find a Taylor replacement myself. Not that there aren't options in that price bracket, but I'm really not sure I trust many of the replacements to get clean sheets. Could just get another Burnley def, though.

I got someone in who could easily be benched, right now FPL is pure luck I am not going to think about it too much as there is nothing I can do about my decimated team. Those who have none of the assets in postponed games have a great advantage, the only consolation is it fell on a poor points GW.

I'm trying to plan a bit even though it might be pointless, by targeting fixtures. But I won't try to plan as much as I normally would do, that's for sure!

Many are in the same boat this gameweek, maybe even most active teams. Some managers have a bit more luck though, with playing bench options replacing the blanking players. I imagine we will see some very jammy scores as a result of this.
    Salah doing anything will likely be pointless as I bet most people who did not Captain him had him as Vice Captain. Not sure I can be bothered watching the game. Hopefully Liverpool will draw.

I've seen quite a few teams playing the Son/Kane captain/vice captain combo!

Just checked your team, and you will have a good gameweek rank this gameweek. Kane and Son blanking might not be too bad with five points coming on from the bench – which is quite good in this gameweek.

Ouch so no captain at all, good advice from Let's Talk FPL earlier, make sure your Captain and Vice are from different teams going forward.

Wilson had a few sites of goal in Liverpool game.

Ouch so no captain at all, good advice from Let's Talk FPL earlier, make sure your Captain and Vice are from different teams going forward.

Yes, that's a good advice to follow given the current situation.

As a non Liverpool def owner, it would be great if Newcastle could manage a goal or two – but preferably not by Wilson, looking at my mini league rival's teams.

As a non Liverpool def owner, it would be great if Newcastle could manage a goal or two – but preferably not by Wilson, looking at my mini league rival's teams.

As a Man United supporter a Salah brace and 2 - 2 will do me.

I say a draw as I just can't see Newcastle winning.

No quality at all in this game after 20 minutes.

As a Man United supporter a Salah brace and 2 - 2 will do me.

I say a draw as I just can't see Newcastle winning.

No quality at all in this game after 20 minutes.

Very poor game so far. If it continues like this, everyone with Liverpool defs can be quite sure they'll get those clean sheet points. This game probably needs a Newcastle goal to become interesting.
    Heroic defending from the Geordi's can they hang on [-O<

4 minutes of extra time, this would be a great result for Man United.
    Well done Newcastle =D> 0 - 0
    Man United 3 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand, the Anfield game in a few weeks is huge and with United's away form it's going to be a blockbuster.

Man United 3 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand, the Anfield game in a few weeks is huge and with United's away form it's going to be a blockbuster.

Imagine United will be top of the table soon. Liverpool look out of form.

United have the players just Ole tactics at times worry me.

United have the players just Ole tactics at times worry me.

I always get the feeling that they win because of the quality of the team and standout players rather than the manager. I've never looked at Solskjær as any more talented than the other managers/head coaches in the PL – or Eliteserien, when he coached Molde.

It's a luxury to have a player like Fernandes though, that can carry a team alone.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Bad week for me as 5 players didn't play and i don't have a bench.
    Bad week for me as 5 players didn't play and i don't have a bench.

Ouch! A small consolation is that many had a similar situation. Those managing fielding all players this gameweek were really lucky!
    In a gameweek with several surprises, it's great to see that several teams in our league managed very decent scores despite all the players blanking. Best of all was Honesty FC, managing 55 points with ten players – congratulations! =D>

xlosZCo.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    _____

Remember the 16:00 UK time deadline tomorrow!
    It might be difficult to plan transfers and captains with all the uncertainty regarding the fixtures, but hopefully we'll know more before the deadline.
    Congratulations Honesty FC

---

Man City v Villa to be played GW19 20th Jan 20:15
    Burnley v Man United to be Played in GW18 12th Jan 20:15

That changes the Blank and double GW somewhat.

I currently have 8 maybe 9 players if Lascelles returns for GW18.

City have 3 home games that don't look tough for GW18 and GW19 though Pep Roulette is a concern. I will want a City asset though, its just making the move work. I also want another United asset.

Of course any of the games could be cancelled b-( and any moves could backfire :((
    tenor.gif

---

City have 3 home games that don't look tough for GW18 and GW19 though Pep Roulette is a concern. I will want a City asset though, its just making the move work. I also want another United asset.

Of course any of the games could be cancelled b-( and any moves could backfire :((
    tenor.gif

This announcement put me at a real disadvantage. I had planned for gameweek 19 with the blanks in mind, and only have five players in gameweek 18. I'm forced to play the Free Hit (as originally planned, mind), while many other managers can now save it for later – which is a real advantage given that we're likely to get more blanks and doubles before the end of the season.

---

tenor.gif

This announcement put me at a real disadvantage. I had planned for gameweek 19 with the blanks in mind, and only have five players in gameweek 18. I'm forced to play the Free Hit (as originally planned, mind), while many other managers can now save it for later – which is a real advantage given that we're likely to get more blanks and doubles before the end of the season.

I may hang onto my wildcard because of the added games, Cavani banned for 3 games because of Tweet.

---

tenor.gif

I may hang onto my wildcard because of the added games, Cavani banned for 3 games because of Tweet.

The wildcard will be all the more important to save now I think, given the rescheduled games and the general uncertainty re. fixtures. It can become very handy later on.

Bad news for United with the Cavani ban, but they have a strong team without him.

---

tenor.gif

The wildcard will be all the more important to save now I think, given the rescheduled games and the general uncertainty re. fixtures. It can become very handy later on.

Bad news for United with the Cavani ban, but they have a strong team without him.
    Any decisions I make regarding GW18 will be made after GW17 as anything can happen, still unsure if City will play at the weekend as yet?

We have Martial and he has not really got going yet so a run of games will help him for sure, Martial will score goals once his form picks up.

---

tenor.gif

Any decisions I make regarding GW18 will be made after GW17 as anything can happen, still unsure if City will play at the weekend as yet?

We have Martial and he has not really got going yet so a run of games will help him for sure, Martial will score goals once his form picks up.

That sounds like a good plan. The way things are right now, it's better to make decisions as late as possible. I think it's still unsure if City will be able to play this weekend. I did read somewhere that they have been training, but that's all I've found out so far.

Yes, I imagine once Martial gets a goal, he'll be able to go on a goalscoring run. From an FPL point of view, he can become a great asset.
    _______

Taking multiple hits to avoid using the Free Hit isn't an appealing option, so the plan is sort of set for me now: plan for gameweek 19 by making a transfer before tomorrow's deadline – which is likely the transfer I had planned all along. I could have taken a -4 to strengthen the team even further, but taking hits right now with the situation being what it is, can easily backfire. Not the most ideal fixtures either for the players I'm considering.

---

tenor.gif

That sounds like a good plan. The way things are right now, it's better to make decisions as late as possible. I think it's still unsure if City will be able to play this weekend. I did read somewhere that they have been training, but that's all I've found out so far.

Yes, I imagine once Martial gets a goal, he'll be able to go on a goalscoring run. From an FPL point of view, he can become a great asset.
    _______

Taking multiple hits to avoid using the Free Hit isn't an appealing option, so the plan is sort of set for me now: plan for gameweek 19 by making a transfer before tomorrow's deadline – which is likely the transfer I had planned all along. I could have taken a -4 to strengthen the team even further, but taking hits right now with the situation being what it is, can easily backfire. Not the most ideal fixtures either for the players I'm considering.

I have pretty much got my team sorted if i only field 9 player GW18 so be it, I may take a few hits I don't know at this point it makes little difference with lagging behind.

---

tenor.gif

_______

I have pretty much got my team sorted if i only field 9 player GW18 so be it, I may take a few hits I don't know at this point it makes little difference with lagging behind.

If I were a little closer to fielding nine players in gameweek 18, I would have tried to get through the gameweek without playing a chip too. But with only five gameweek 18 players (six if Taylor wasn't injured), I'll have to play the Free Hit. Taylor's injury alone has actually forced my planning!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,459
    City and Fulham games still listed on FPL for Sunday 3rd Jan, I thought it would be a given they would be canceled as with positive test they will have to isolate for or period of time or until they get a negative result. :-?

---

tenor.gif

_______

If I were a little closer to fielding nine players in gameweek 18, I would have tried to get through the gameweek without playing a chip too. But with only five gameweek 18 players (six if Taylor wasn't injured), I'll have to play the Free Hit. Taylor's injury alone has actually forced my planning!

I was reluctant to sell Taylor I will probably get him back in a Wildcard, think Bruno for Captain this GW though United at Home to Villa who defend well not 100% sure Bruno is the best choice.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,312
    City and Fulham games still listed on FPL for Sunday 3rd Jan, I thought it would be a given they would be canceled as with positive test they will have to isolate for or period of time or until they get a negative result. :-?

I'm curious about that too. But as long as we don't have confirmation otherwise, we must expect those fixtures to go ahead as planned.

---

tenor.gif

_______

I was reluctant to sell Taylor I will probably get him back in a Wildcard, think Bruno for Captain this GW though United at Home to Villa who defend well not 100% sure Bruno is the best choice.

I'm really not sure who to captain this gameweek. It's currently between Fernandes, Salah and Son.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,459

I'm curious about that too. But as long as we don't have confirmation otherwise, we must expect those fixtures to go ahead as planned.

---

tenor.gif

_______

I'm really not sure who to captain this gameweek. It's currently between Fernandes, Salah and Son.

My Captain armband now on Kane, Leeds defense surely Jose has to attack them though with Jose you never know plus Spurs have had a rest of sorts having had there game v Fulham canceled.

---

Just about to watch Frank Lampard new conference see what he has to say re: City game.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,312

---

tenor.gif

_______

My Captain armband now on Kane, Leeds defense surely Jose has to attack them though with Jose you never know plus Spurs have had a rest of sorts having had there game v Fulham canceled.

---

Just about to watch Frank Lampard new conference see what he has to say re: City game.

You never know how Sp*rs will approach that game, which is why I have some hesitations captaining Son.

There are several press conferences today I think. Might be worth checking out the latest news before making any transfers. I have one planned, but like the captaincy it's not something I've decided on yet.
    Here are the gameweek 17 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 5
    Son: 4
    Vardy: 3
    Salah: 3
    Martial: 1
    Calvert-Lewin: 1
    Maddison: 1

With favourable fixtures, it's no surprise to see Kane, Son, Vardy and Salah topping the list of captains for this gameweek. A bit more surprising to see that nobody picked Fernandes for the captaincy. This must be a first time in a while where he isn't featured on our captaincy list at all!

Good luck everyone!
    Wen with Kane as I fell asleep :)) and did not wake until now.

Holgate starts thankfully for Everton just brought him in as does DCL which is expected as he kind of got his break.