World Cup 2018 : Your comments .

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Oof! Come on, Croatia.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I had some Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff albums.
    That's as 90's as it gets! :D
    Croatia going to have to win it the hard way again, France appear to be playing less expansive as the tournament has progressed, its going to be tough to break them down.

Won't be surprised if the game turns out this way.

…and while writing this, Perišić makes it 1-1!

United have been linked with Perišić again though I think his price just went up.
    RC7 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    Did anyone expect anything less? Belgium have more quality than England, period. They should really have been in the final. A much better side than Croatia, in my opinion.

On a side note, the world’s greatest league kicks off, Friday 10th August at Old Trafford. See you there!
    K
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Looks like my country is putting "Brexit" into practice. :D

What? Too soon?

Nah. Football is coming home to the EU.

Didn’t you get the memo? ‘You ain’t in the EU, son’.

I am not sure what you are getting at? My point was that football obviously belongs in the EU based on the last four World Cups...

Nice gymnastics there. Football’s origin is here in England, hence our, slightly ‘tongue in cheek’ reference to it ‘coming home’.

Wow, really???? Is that why? What a genius you are!

Jesus christ! The fact that you are tongue in cheek obviously sete up the possibility that we are tongue in cheek in return. Your slogan is very fun to ridicule!

And nah, it is not too soon to make Brexit jokes either, which was my point above.

I am very much looking forward to your next lesson! I guess it is nothing more British than being under the allution that only they and no one else have a sense of humor...

No, we just have a more refined one.

Well, you are not living up to that statement.
    Croatia going to have to win it the hard way again, France appear to be playing less expansive as the tournament has progressed, its going to be tough to break them down.

United have been linked with Perišić again though I think his price just went up.

Is that an issue for United?
    Penalty for France!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,388

Last summer the price seemed to be the issue.

France appear to be getting an easy ride here soft penalty, Griezmann celebration what a plank.

I see. United usually pay whatever it takes, though.
    France appear to be getting an easy ride here soft penalty, Griezman celebration what a plank.

Doesn't he always do those celebrations? Seen him doing it before.
    France have had one shot. And scored two goals... Football is tough sometimes.

France appear to be getting an easy ride here soft penalty, Griezman celebration what a plank.

Not in all cases United wont budge on some valuations they have on players, though that can be relative to how much budget has already been spent.

Croatia unlucky to be trailing they are certainly the better side.
  • RC7RC7
    I hope Croatia somehow do this, but I always get a sense the football Gods are smiling on the French 75% of the time. Internationally of course, their league is gubbins.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,294

Not in all cases United wont budge on some valuations they have on players, though that can be relative to how much budget has already been spent.
    How was the budget situation when they got Pogba?

How was the budget situation when they got Pogba?/quote]

The obstacle I recall with Perišić was 45 million price tag, regarding players like Pogba they are on another level so different rules apply ie huge fees can be recouped easier because of there profile.
    A few idiots wanted to get famous

How was the budget situation when they got Pogba?/quote]

The obstacle I recall with Perišić was 45 million price tag, regarding players like Pogba they are on another level so different rules apply ie huge fees can be recouped easier because of there profile.

It was that high? Though it was about 30-35 million!
  • RC7RC7
    The French fans after that goal? Up your game, lads!
    Pogba's goal seems to have woke the French players up
    That kid is a talent

Interesting. Inter must be loving his World Cup performances!

…Mbappé!
    :))
    What a mistake by Lloris!
    I think Croatia deserved that bit of luck
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

That's kind of ironic as they will be legally arrested for there actions
    That's true!
    All done! Deschamps joins an exclusive group of players turned manager having won the WC.
    The final score flattered France
    France players doing the Icelandic chant, hahaha!