World Cup 2018 : Your comments .

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    England will go again we should do equally as well in the next two tournaments, the bar has been set.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    @RC7 :D yes I was speaking of England but now I hope that Croatia go on to beat France.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I watched that, Captain Keano was bang on lol

I watched that, Captain Keano was bang on lol

Haha, yes!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    What a legend Keano is.

If England put away their chances in the first 30 mins or so, they would probably be through to the final. But they are young. They will learn from this experience. The second half was all Croatia. England became a long ball team again. They just needed to be patient. If only England has a player who can calm the team down with his passing. A player like Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo or Modric.

Shame the Croatian players and media are bad winners, from what I read, post match. Well done Southgate and his team for reaching the semi finals. You've made the whole of England believe again in the national team, with your humble, respectful attitudes. Shame the British press were not so restrained, prior to the match. But I assure you that the press does not reflect the fans at all. There's a difference between being optimistic and arrogance.

Well done Croatia. There's one thing the English love more than anything - a loser who is plucky and humble.

On to the final. Personally, I can't wait to see Mbappe again. What a player!

Wrighty makes me laugh so much bless him. Bit Keane was bang on with what he said! All the best to Croatia! I hope they win it? France will be a tough nut to crack.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,294
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Wrighty makes me laugh so much bless him. Bit Keane was bang on with what he said! All the best to Croatia! I hope they win it? France will be a tough nut to crack.

All friends afterwards it seems! Keane smiling is a bit frightening, though!

Meunier scores for Belgium after 4 minutes!
    …and it's 2-0, Hazard!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Looks like my country is putting "Brexit" into practice. :D

What? Too soon?
    K
    DarthDimi wrote: »

What? Too soon?

Nah. Football is coming home to the EU.
    Think Belgium played well in this game. England didn't offer much, and the Belgian main men in Hazard and De Bruyne showed what the English side is missing.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,512
    Did anyone expect anything less? Belgium have more quality than England, period. They should really have been in the final. A much better side than Croatia, in my opinion.

On a side note, the world’s greatest league kicks off, Friday 10th August at Old Trafford. See you there!
    jobo wrote: »
    K

What? Too soon?

Didn’t you get the memo? ‘You ain’t in the EU, son’.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Did anyone expect anything less? Belgium have more quality than England, period. They should really have been in the final. A much better side than Croatia, in my opinion.

On a side note, the world’s greatest league kicks off, Friday 10th August at Old Trafford. See you there!
    K

What? Too soon?

I am not sure what you are getting at? My point was that football obviously belongs in the EU based on the last four World Cups...

K

What? Too soon?

Watching MUTV now getting in the mood for the new season, pre season games start this week thankfuly.
  • RC7RC7

K

What? Too soon?

I am not sure what you are getting at? My point was that football obviously belongs in the EU based on the last four World Cups...

Nice gymnastics there. Football’s origin is here in England, hence our, slightly ‘tongue in cheek’ reference to it ‘coming home’.

K

What? Too soon?

Nice gymnastics there. Football’s origin is here in England, hence our, slightly ‘tongue in cheek’ reference to it ‘coming home’.

Wow, really???? Is that why? What a genius you are!

Jesus christ! The fact that you are tongue in cheek obviously sete up the possibility that we are tongue in cheek in return. Your slogan is very fun to ridicule!

And nah, it is not too soon to make Brexit jokes either, which was my point above.

I am very much looking forward to your next lesson! I guess it is nothing more British than being under the allution that only they and no one else have a sense of humor...
  • RC7RC7

K

What? Too soon?

Wow, really???? Is that why? What a genius you are!

Jesus christ! The fact that you are tongue in cheek obviously sete up the possibility that we are tongue in cheek in return. Your slogan is very fun to ridicule!

And nah, it is not too soon to make Brexit jokes either, which was my point above.

I am very much looking forward to your next lesson! I guess it is nothing more British than being under the allution that only they and no one else have a sense of humor...

No, we just have a more refined one.

Wow certainly an historic day for there country.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,294

Looks like they're enjoying it too!

Is Will Smith still a musician? Thought he only did acting these days.

It was dreadful ear bleed inducing, thankfully ITV cut it short, Rusians must be a fans of Robbie Williams and Will Smith.

It was dreadful ear bleed inducing, thankfully ITV cut it short, Rusians must be a fans of Robbie Williams and Will Smith.

Very popular in the 90's both of them!

I have a few of there early Albums in storage lol

I think this final will be tight maybe go to extra time.

I have a few of there early Albums in storage lol

I think this final will be tight maybe go to extra time.

Can't remember if I have anything by Robbie Williams, but I know I have the Men in Black II theme tune single in a box somewhere!
    I had some Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff albums.

Croatia going to have to win it the hard way again, France appear to be playing less expansive as the tournament has progressed, its going to be tough to break them down.
  • RC7RC7
    Game over.
    Great goal... Jose sign him
    I had some Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff albums.
    That's as 90's as it gets! :D
    Croatia going to have to win it the hard way again, France appear to be playing less expansive as the tournament has progressed, its going to be tough to break them down.

Won't be surprised if the game turns out this way.

…and while writing this, Perišić makes it 1-1!