World Cup 2018 : Your comments .

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    England are deceptively good any naysayers are just jealous
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So proud of the boys. Another deserved win. England have looked in control in nearly all of their games for me. They're disciplined and sharp.
    Southgate has to be the best coach in decades. Cool, calm and collected.
    Any naysayers to England's chances might just have been shown how wrong they could be.
    Commiserations to Sweden, a good team who were not to be underestimated. None of the South American shenanigans, just good, honest football. They should go home with heads held high.
    Blimey I keep forgetting that a lot of you guys never witnessed 1990 n have never seen England in a semi final of the WC .
    Sorry n ENJOY x keep playing ‘footballs coming home ‘ as I did then when I was 20 !!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Blimey I keep forgetting that a lot of you guys never witnessed 1990 n have never seen England in a semi final of the WC .
    Sorry n ENJOY x keep playing ‘footballs coming home ‘ as I did then when I was 20 !!!

I did mate I was 16 in 1990 getting emotional watching BBC1 reflecting on that World Cup, Sir Bobby what a legend

I did mate I was 16 in 1990 getting emotional watching BBC1 reflecting on that World Cup, Sir Bobby what a legend

Brilliant stuff matey x another 90’ boy x looking good eh ? It’s not West Germany n we are set play champions and won our first ever penalty shootout AND beat our bogey team Sweden with ease !!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    ..... And Annoyed Maradona too ..... Which is a
    Bonus. :D

Brilliant stuff matey x another 90’ boy x looking good eh ? It’s not West Germany n we are set play champions and won our first ever penalty shootout AND beat our bogey team Sweden with ease !!

I have been ultra cautious until today, Englands team ethic has impressed me and Southgate is doing all the right things... we could win this

I have been ultra cautious until today, Englands team ethic has impressed me and Southgate is doing all the right things... we could win this

I agree but keep it under your hat

Thats why I said we could ;)

Hahaha good man...lets do a Gareth but WOWOWOW

We have never destroyed Sweden like that before ever !!

Looking at the youth team successes this is a long term plan and gain, this is no fluke alot of hard work behind the scenes has made England credible again. Southgate should be commended for meticulous planning.

Looking at the youth team successes this is a long term plan and gain, this is no fluke alot of hard work behind the scenes has made England credible again. Southgate should be commended for meticulous planning.

There is nothing more i can say,well said.

There is nothing more i can say,well said.

Whats great is we are a very young side though I said to someone today, future is good though go out and win now.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Indeed..anyway i have things to do,hiatus hasnt moved on as i thought...hopefully see u lot on Wednesday,for the semi final,couldnt make Columbia last time.
    Indeed..anyway i have things to do,hiatus hasnt moved on as i thought...hopefully see u lot on Wednesday,for the semi final,couldnt make Columbia last time.

I am in the process of trying to get Wednesday night off work lol chat soon pal

Hopefully Weds ..people can bog off,i will be back on this thread..!!!! haha

I just ignore most people I am inherently selfish lol lol take it easy mate

Never ...keep my thread going...70% i will see you Weds..cheers matey !!

Hoping we get Russia in the Semi Final

Russia have surprised more than once in this tournament! You never know.

Croatia are hit and miss so a Russia win with there crowd behind them is possible.

Then you go home or to the Goelag this is Putins world-championship football. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Very dignified response from Sweden manager, Janne Andersson, post-match. Not sure I agree with him that we can win it, but 100% respect to the Swedes. Showing Colombia what class is.
    Why are you so baothered by Colombia you beat them which was mostly possible because they did not snort all the lines on the field, otherwise you would have been lost on the pitch without a boy scout in the team. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Why are you so baothered by Colombia you beat them which was mostly possible because they did not snort all the lines on the field, otherwise you would have been lost on the pitch without a boy scout in the team. ;)

Why are you so bothered about commenting? Your side couldn’t even qualify. Jog on, son.
    Corker
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,270

Croatia are hit and miss so a Russia win with there crowd behind them is possible.

Russia scores the opening goal!

Russia scores the opening goal!

The game is quite open which suits Russia, Croatia not that great at retaining possession so far.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,270
    1-1! Great header!