World Cup 2018 : Your comments .

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    My God the goals in this tournament are amazing.....2-1 Uruguay !!!!

Indeed they are! We can only hope the WC keeps delivering!

Only 1 shit game so far.....this is the most open WC in decades !!!

Only 1 shit game so far.....this is the most open WC in decades !!!

It really is! Very enjoyable group stages, and it will be only more interesting as we get closer to the final.
    I think Croatia is given too much credit, not only on this site but in general. To beat the Argentina team that turned uo that day in a 3-... eh... hm... something formation (???) is not really that much of an achievement. And do not forget that Argentina easily could have taken the lead in that match after they were gifted a few chances. And I don't think anyone who watched them against Nigeria or Iceland would claim they were particularly convincing in those matches...

Their midfield led by Rakitic and Modric sure is strong, and Mandzukic and Perisic provide muscle and pace going forward. But their defence is actually quite weak. Will it be enough when they face serius, stern competition? I don't see it happening.
    My guess for Croatia winning the WC is unlikely, as mentioned in a previous comment. It's part them facing Denmark now, and Spain perhaps having to play a more physical game against Russia - before playing each other (we'll find out about that soon!). It's a shot in the dark guess, really - and partly wanting a underdog to win.

…and of course I want Denmark to beat Croatia tonight!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ramos!
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Russia penalty! Dzyuba scores!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Certainly makes things interesting
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    No idea what Ramos was thinking with his wedge hair cut
    Russia not bad against this Spain side so far.
    Spain are so dull to watch, I think this game could go either way penalties would not be a surprise.
    Spain are so dull to watch, I think this game could go either way penalties would not be a surprise.

2x15 mins to play, then. This is 50-50 to progress by the looks of it.
    Penalties: As Fergie would say Squeaky Bum Time

Just noticed Ramos' hair! What the hell?!

Just noticed Ramos' hair! What the hell?!

He must like geometry lol
    I had a feeling Koke would miss
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That was brutally unfair imho. Oh well.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,102
    Spain Tiki-Taka there way side ways out of the tournement WOW!!!
    Spain out! Can you believe it!
    That last Akinfeev save was brilliant!
    Great for the tournement

Great for the tournement

Very much so! Brazil have one hell of an opportunity now.

Great for the tournement

lol Spain make Arsenal look direct ;))
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,102
    Gary Lineker just said From Russia with Glove :))

Great for the tournement

Would have loved to see Fabregas in the WC to be honest. Couldn't have done worse than those who went to Russia.

Hahaha! Brilliant! :))

Great for the tournement

Would have loved to see Fabregas in the WC to be honest. Couldn't have done worse than those who went to Russia.

Cesc certainly could have provided the killer passes to Costa that just were not there today.

Great for the tournement

Cesc certainly could have provided the killer passes to Costa that just were not there today.

Chelsea all over again, that!
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 7,500
    I would not be surprised if we get another "upset" and Denmark eliminate Croatia. Croatia are rightly favorites, but they aren't really as impressive as some have claimed. Danmark have enough qualities to give their slow defence a test.
    jobo wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if we get another "upset" and Denmark eliminate Croatia. Croatia are rightly favorites, but they aren't really as impressive as some have claimed. Danmark have enough qualities to give their slow defence a test.

Speaking of, Denmark takes the lead!
    Crikey Croatia caught napping