World Cup 2018 : Your comments .

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The end of a great World Cup certainly one of the best in my life time, credit to Russia. Next up will be a fascinating Euro 2020 where England will want to be reaching the Semi's and Final as they are being held at Wembley so in that context Football is Coming Home.
  • RC7RC7
    The final score flattered France

Quality paid off in the end, much like Belgium against England.

Still, the French fans are so half-baked. I want to see people losing their s***, not sharing some Brie around.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,294
    RC7 wrote: »

Still, the French fans are so half-baked. I want to see people losing their s***, not sharing some Brie around.

How French! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Haha true I can think of a few country's that would be going crazy, Pogba's and Mbappe's quality made them deserved winners in the end that cutting edge was decisive, though Croatia were good and unlucky.
  • RC7RC7
    To be honest, it might have been Pont-l'Évêque, which I’m very partial to, but still!
    French cheese aside I hope Pogba raises his game domestically on the back of this for United.
  • RC7RC7
    French cheese aside I hope Pogba raises his game domestically on the back of this for United.

Damn right. I doubt it, though.

Damn right. I doubt it, though.

Hopefully Jose will think of playing Pogba on the right of a midfield three it may solve the him and Sanchez getting in each others way.
    An enjoyable tournament with a not to surprising winner in the person of the French team that was very effective the whole tournament and showed all other countries that Croatia is tough and plays great football but can be stopped without extra time or penalties.

Belgium showed great class and style too bad they ended up only in third place..

These three teams earned their top spot as they showed how to play a tough opponent and win the match.

looking forward to next in Qatar in four years time, there will have to be stadions with airco. ;)
    Can't get over how ridiculous it is to arrange the World Cup in Qatar.
    Can't get over how ridiculous it is to arrange the World Cup in Qatar.

You and me both, but money makes the world turn around.
  • RC7RC7
    SaintMark wrote: »
    An enjoyable tournament with a not to surprising winner in the person of the French team that was very effective the whole tournament and showed all other countries that Croatia is tough and plays great football but can be stopped without extra time or penalties.

Belgium showed great class and style too bad they ended up only in third place..

These three teams earned their top spot as they showed how to play a tough opponent and win the match.

looking forward to next in Qatar in four years time, there will have to be stadions with airco. ;)

Blah, blah...
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,388
    Edited: Been fun during the WC congratulations to @Torgeirtrap for winning the Fantasy League, taking a short break bye

Blah, blah...

Indeed. We would much rather like to here more about your favorite cheeses. I think it might have been your most informative and analytical post of the tournament...
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »

Blah, blah...

Indeed. We would much rather like to here more about your favorite cheeses. I think it might have been your most informative and analytical post of the tournament...

I’m above football analysis, it’s blokes kicking a ball when all said and done. Cheese however...
    Cheese can be kicked around as well and how about that insane sport of rolling cheese downhill and man race it catch it. Anything can be made fun of.

Football on the other hand has quite a lot of fans I would wager that the world championships of Cheese would be a more smelly happening.
  • RC7RC7
    giphy.gif
    Well, the World Cup and the French team made an unexpected victim. Despite his skills and the villains he had defeated over the years, James Bond couldn't win against "Les bleus". Sunday evening, France 2 was supposed to air GoldenEye, but changed its programming at the last minute, and aired a special show about France's two wins (1998 and 2018) in the World Cup. I don't know when, or even if, GE will be rescheduled. But one can be sure that we'll see it again someday.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Well, the World Cup and the French team made an unexpected victim. Despite his skills and the villains he had defeated over the years, James Bond couldn't win against "Les bleus". Sunday evening, France 2 was supposed to air GoldenEye, but changed its programming at the last minute, and aired a special show about France's two wins (1998 and 2018) in the World Cup. I don't know when, or even if, GE will be rescheduled. But one can be sure that we'll see it again someday.

Same time next Sunday, perhaps?
    Congratulations France although the first goal was never a free kick, and the penalty was seriously harsh.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Belgium - Croatia i always hoped for the final.

For what is worth i celebrate my 18th birthday in France and that is also 20 years a go. On return home we take visit for look of the Eifel Tower.

I am now for Dutch girls.. very proud on them there won last year.

Nope. As I sais elsewhere on the forum, the scheduled repeat of GE that was scheduled for yesterday was scrapped, to be replaced by a documentary about "les Bleus". :(

Nope. As I sais elsewhere on the forum, the scheduled repeat of GE that was scheduled for yesterday was scrapped, to be replaced by a documentary about "les Bleus". :(

Next weekend, then?
    Nope. I guess we'll have to wait longer than that, I'm afraid.
    Nope. I guess we'll have to wait longer than that, I'm afraid.

Hopefully GE will be aired soon enough!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Country is so proud on our guys, they left their hearts on the pitch.
    Almost million people welcomed them on the streets of Croatian towns.
    The best thing is that we have very bright future in front of us with players like Kovačić, Kramarić, Rebić, Pjaca etc. taking over.

do%C4%8Dek%20vatrenih%20trg
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,294
    @QQ7 Which younger players do you expect to make it into the next Croatian World Cup/Euro squads?
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited August 2018 Posts: 371
    @Torgeirtrap

Lovre Kalinić - great GK, better than Subašić imo. Should have played in the WC final.

Defense:
    Borna Sosa - promising left back
    Filip Benković - CB, still plays in Croatian league but Transfermarkt already estimate his price at 11 m €

Middlefield :
    Lovro Majer - "Croatian De Bruyne", imo the most promising Croatian player. We will probably hear a lot about him in the future. He is only 20 and still plays in Croatian football league.
    Filip Krovinović - he appeared out of nowhere year ago in Benfica,
    Nikola Moro -
    Ante Ćorić
    Alen Halilović - early made transfer to Barcelona but never did anything beyond that, month ago he moved to Milan
    Nikola Vlašić - moved to Everton for 11 m € year ago, yesterday he was removed from first team. Very sad to see his talent being wasted like that.

Attack:
    Josip Brekalo
    Mario Pašalić

Young players from the current national team:
    Mateo Kovačić
    Andrej Kramarić - will probably make one of the biggest Bundesliga transfer this summer
    Ante Rebić - future team: Man United, Chelsea, Bayern Munchen...?
    Marko Pjaca - injury destroyed his rapid progress in Juventus, he is strugguling now
    Duje Ćaleta-Car - just made transfer to Marseille for 17 m €
    Tin Jedvaj - his performance is lackluster lately
    Filip Bradarić

I'm probably forgetting someone but yeah...

• edited August 2018 Posts: 17,294
    Interesting! A lot of names here I'm unfamiliar with!

Mateo Kovačić is mentioned a lot these days though, the latest being that he doesn't want a move to United because he doesn't want to work with Mourinho! :))
    Chelsea a possibility for him, perhaps?