LEGO James Bond set: coming soon!

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Ooh! I was thinking of this one: https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Sopwith-Camel-10226

but the one you've found looks affordable, within my skill level, and easy to find a home for...shopping time!
    If they can make TMNT Lego or Ninja Lego then they can do Bond as well imo
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2018 Posts: 7,526
    LEGO Store Leicester Square is holding a “top secret” event on July 18th, where they will very likely reveal this set, according to their Facebook page, for anyone in the area!

https://www.facebook.com/events/215037699137563/?ti=ia
    Omg too excited
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Woah!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Can we hold this as a credible source:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-expert-10262-aston-martin-db5-fuer-150-euro-vorbestellbar/63674

According to them, the set will be released on July 29th.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 5,806
    Speaking of toys inspired by a series "for adults" (and how !), here's what I found in the merchandise section of the touring Game of Thrones exhibition which is in Paris until september 2nd :

10960100-1400661952-949729.jpg

Yup, Dire Wolf plushes for babies. They're cute, mind you, and if they weren't that expensive, I would have bought one for each of my grand-nieces and grand-nephew, but still...
    It reminds me of the excitement I had for legos when I was a kid and as a teen and considering I still bought legos into my 20’s I figured I would stop but with this yeah looks like I will be buying legos in my 30’s
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,441
    For who don't know, there also going to be a playmobile movie.

The Skyfall house and Mi6 bulding be fun to have in lego , but i am afraid it wil be very expensive. And then we have difficult of making it. Or a mini gunbarrel.

The James Bond Car Collection in my opnion the best thing so far.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Yup, Dire Wolf plushes for babies.

I don't watch Game of Thrones and I'm not a baby, but I'd cuddle the heck out of one of those.
    36539728_700319300683_9116994158018428928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=16ba2b000e171cb2d9590e9a88d60a0f&oe=5BD92D7D&efg=eyJhZG1pc3Npb25fY29udHJvbCI6MSwidXBsb2FkZXJfaWQiOiIzMzMyMDA1MjkifQ%3D%3D
    MrBond wrote: »
    Can we hold this as a credible source:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-expert-10262-aston-martin-db5-fuer-150-euro-vorbestellbar/63674

According to them, the set will be released on July 29th.

I think so; should be revealed on the 18th, I read an article that said it'd be released in the second half of August in the US.

It'll be released under LEGO's "Creator" and "Expert" labels, number 10262, not sure yet if it'll be "Technic" like their recent Chiron etc., but I'm hoping not. Also really hoping we get a minifig or two (or one for each actor??). Very excited for the reveal!

Hoping for a bond LEGO game....
    Is it going to be an Aston Martin car in lego?

Yes, an Aston Martin DB5 with the Goldfinger gadgets, if rumors are correct. "Creator", "Expert" labels and the price that'll likely be around $150USD mean that it should be large and detailed.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Yes, an Aston Martin DB5 with the Goldfinger gadgets, if rumors are correct. "Creator", "Expert" labels and the price that'll likely be around $150USD mean that it should be large and detailed.

$150?!? I’ll pass then.
  • RC7RC7

Is there a market for a $150 AM? Find it hard to see myself.
    RC7 wrote: »

I know a few adult collectors of Lego and yes, there definitely is!
    I’m looking on eBay and for $140 I could buy the hood badge from a DBS. I might just do that sometime.
    https://brickshow.com/2018/07/10262-lego-aston-martin-db5/

"Around 150 Euros" so between $150-$200 USD which means we're probably looking at $200 CAD in the great white north.

LEGO's always been expensive, especially for the licensed stuff. But they put out an incredibly high quality product.
    https://brickshow.com/2018/07/10262-lego-aston-martin-db5/

"Around 150 Euros" so between $150-$200 USD which means we're probably looking at $200 CAD in the great white north.

LEGO's always been expensive, especially for the licensed stuff. But they put out an incredibly high quality product.

Yes, I still have some old Lego from twenty years ago. Barely wears or breaks.
  • RC7RC7
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

I know a few adult collectors of Lego and yes, there definitely is!

I meant aside from the obvious - collectors/fans.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 2,115
    FWIW, Over the past week or so, the 007, Aston Martin and Lego accounts on Twitter have all been teasing this with lines about the DB5 from Goldfinger, Skyfall and SPECTRE.

Samples:

Also, the event at the Lego store on July 18 starts at 10:07 a.m. Cute touch.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This set wouldn't be complete without caltrops. Luckily, any Lego brick will do the trick.

eba6e5e7c9bfbe0c1e66b6eb4c89f271.jpg
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,619
    F2Taims.jpg
    From reddit:

"The rumor actually goes deeper than that.

It was for LEGO Dimensions Year 2, but they pulled out at the last minute, leaving LEGO to find another spy thriller which they did with Mission Impossible.

Bond returned to LEGO realizing that they should have participated but it was too late to be put in Dimensions so LEGO actually pitched them a full Bond video game. It was pretty charming actually, a little sad they didn't do it. They'd have so much material to work with."
    From reddit:

"The rumor actually goes deeper than that.

It was for LEGO Dimensions Year 2, but they pulled out at the last minute, leaving LEGO to find another spy thriller which they did with Mission Impossible.

Bond returned to LEGO realizing that they should have participated but it was too late to be put in Dimensions so LEGO actually pitched them a full Bond video game. It was pretty charming actually, a little sad they didn't do it. They'd have so much material to work with."

I would love it if that happens in the future.
    F2Taims.jpg

Thanks @PanchitoPistoles! Not sure how I feel about the iconic front, grill seems a little small.
    So a LEGO Bond game is in the works ? Or might be in the works?
    The Lego game would have been incredible. Any ideas as to why Eon would have turned this down?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Is it even confirmed that it was turned down by EON?