Any non-Bond film.....Comments while you watch...

Comments

Off to the bathroom for a vomiting session.

UDO KIER is great in these scenes.

The last time I got sick............around 1992.......... and lost my dinner............I pretended I was UDO here.

As gross as this is............it's pretty funny.
    Meanwhile Dallesandro awaits Darel with the other sister (STEFANA CASINI) for another 3-way. They get started without her.

He starts talking communism and class and spoils the mood.

• edited June 2018 Posts: 15,907
    This daughter is more into materialism and likes the idea of marrying a wealthy Count.
    Joe Dallesandro feels like a loser and has a grudge against the family and Count Dracula.

The sex scenes here are reasonably explicit, but not exactly hot or arousing.

Some theaters would play this weekends at midnight a'la ROCKY HORROR.

One of my favorite theaters growing up showed double features of older and classic films. I distinctly remember them playing this with the FRANKENSTEIN film. I wouldn't have dared ask my dad to take me to this and I couldn't have gotten in without an adult.

So I never saw this on the big screen.
    More nudity! STEFANA CASINI bathes in front of the youngest sister (Silvia Dionisio) and schools her in the subject of men.

Now she meets Dracula in the bathroom.

He's wearing a black tunic and talks about his deceased wife. Kier is great in t his scene as well.....................now he gets aroused again.

She just now see's he has no mirror reflection.................and screams!
    Dracula removes his shirt, bites her and humps as he drains her blood.
    Now he gets sick again...............this image of the shirtless Kier with blood dripping down his chin was used in many publicity campaigns and posters.

"THE BLOOD OF THESE WHORES...............IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!"

Great line.
    The eldest daughter (Milena Vukotic), has more common interests with Dracula and should have been his first pursuit............if the film were to have a happy ending.

She reveals she had once been engaged.............great reaction shot by Udo of this news.

I actually prefer the editing of the truncated 1992 Triboro Home Video release to this.

I prefer the color timing as well. Sometime I should track down a copy of that version.

I believe this film and the FRANKENSTEIN one were edited differently for different markets.
    Dallesandro discovers Dracula is a vampire, corners the youngest daughter and forces himself on her.

The mother catches him and fires him.
    Dracula, now sporting a dark satin cape, drinks the blood from the floor.

He's wearing a tunic similar to Bela Lugosi in OLD MOTHER RILEY MEETS THE VAMPIRE.

The black satin cape is quite short with a midnight blue lining.
    I very much like the inventiveness of Dracula's costuming in this film. Traditional black outfits with variation. I think all of his outfits are perfectly in line with what Dracula should be wearing.

As popular as the Coppola film was in terms of costuming, that designer, Eiko Ishioka wasn't too familiar with the character and history and was given artistic licence to create her own concepts for the character.

Beautiful costumes, IMO, but Gary Oldman in that film, I felt only had one or two outfits were remotely true to the character.
    Dallesandro chases the Count with an axe and destroys him!!!!!!!
    So ends BLOOD FOR DRACULA
    Beautiful music score by Claudio Gizzi.
    A cult classic film in it's own right.

I tend to rank UDO's interpretation of the Count fairly high............so here are my top 10 actors in the role of Count Dracula. Ranking is based on performance, closeness to either Stoker's Count or the Hamilton Deane re-visionary concept, originality, style, nostalgia, overall bad-assness, and look.

1. CHRISTOPHER LEE - really tied with Bela. Lee based his interpretation on Stoker in spite of script limitations. A legend.

2. BELA LUGOSI - flips with Lee as #1 for me. The most iconic Count of all time.

3. JACK PALANCE - a great performance as Dracula- truly frightening, yet with human qualities

4. FRANK LANGELLA - the most suave, romantic Count.

5. JOHN CARRADINE - Another Stoker inspired performance.

6. UDO KIER - one of the most unique Dracula's.

7. GEORGE HAMILTON - the best in terms playing the role in a comedy. Inspired by Lugosi as well as other matinee idol stars of the 1930's. Another romantic Count. I love the white lined cape.

8. LON CHANEY JR - massively underrated. He pre-dates Lee in terms of physical strength. SON OF DRACULA is a great Universal entry, IMO.

9. LOUIS JOURDAN - faithful version of the book- yet Jourdan is Jourdan. Either way he's oily and creepy. Great costuming as well, IMO.

10. FRANCIS LEDERER- finally a Dracula brought into the 20th century that works despite a difference in look and costuming. Lederer is believable and creepy.

Honorable mention goes to: GARY OLDMAN, MAX SCHRECK, PAUL NASCHY, and DUNCAN REGEHR.
    WHERE DANGER LIVES (1950)

RKO logo!!! ROBERT MITCHUM

FAITH DOMERGUE!!!

CLAUDE RAINS!
    Film noir classic with Mitchum as a doctor.

Now he's tending to a young girl. Maureen O Sullivan is his girlfriend nurse.
    Jack Kelly a.k.a Bart Maverick is one of the clinical assistants.

Faith Domergue has attempted suicide.

Mitch is smitten already.
    Faith Domergue was a Howard Hughes discovery. She was a teen and eventually became one of his ingenues.
    Great performance by Faith here IMO. She's completely nuts.

Mitchum falls for her anyway against his better judgment.
    Faith is about 25 here and Mitchum a youthful 33.
    The RKO years are my favorite in Mitchum's career. This film is kind of an overlooked gem. I first caught it during a film noir marathon on TCM back in 1999.

Mitch is cheating on his loyal girlfriend with a femme fatale.

In noir that can only lead to tragic results.

Mitch man handles her slightly as she tries to grab the phone from him.

I showed this film to a woman I was dating ages ago and she was completely aroused by Mitchum here.
    I love the late '40's/early '50's.

This is noir cinematography at it's finest, IMO/

Beautiful lighting.
    Timmy D gets a lot of flack for his baggy suits in LTK and rightly so.

That said a well tailored loose fitting suit can look damn good. Mitchum looked at his peak here. Completely masculine and bad ass.
    She's starting to freak out on him already.
    WHERE DANGER LIVES was directed by John Farrow, who Mitchum described as a sadist.

Farrow also directed Mitch in HIS KIND OF WOMAN (1951)
    Ah, the legendary Claude Rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a nice character here. SO good at playing villainous type roles.

He's suave and oily here.
    Plot twist here.........Rains isn't what he seemed.

Mitch knocks Rains out with one blow after sustaining several with a poker.

Bond had a similar experience if I recall.