Nice plate...........Mr. Bond.

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    This is suitably subtle.

Luxe_Digital_Logo.jpg?p=publish
    Cars
    The Stories Behind The World’s Most Expensive License Plates
    https://luxe.digital/lifestyle/cars/most-expensive-license-plates/
    most expensive license plates list ranking - Luxe Digital
    Serving it up on a plate.
    by Daniel Fox
    Updated on October 10, 2022

At Luxe Digital, we independently research, review, and recommend products we love and that we think you will love, too. Learn more about how we curate the best products for you.

To most of us, a number plate is a simple stamped piece of metal with an identification number. But to the connoisseur, those plates are a gateway to prestige and swagger.

And they’re willing to pay for it. This top 20 list represents the most expensive license plates in the world, with some of them going for multiple millions of dollars.

For some collectors, it’s just for the pure luxury of owning the best of the best. If you already own a swell collection of classic cars, or maybe a stable of top tier speed beasts, then why not treat yourself to a notable number plate?

For others, a rare license plate is a declaration of social stature. In the United Arab Emirates, a single-digit plate can say more about your social standing than a garage full of expensive rides.

And of course there’s always the cool-factor. What car collector wouldn’t want to boast about having the most expensive license plate in New York? Or that their number plate was once owned by a famous rock star?

Quite a few car-lovers will be able to rattle off a list of the world’s most expensive cars. But this list presents your chance to pull ahead and wow your car crowd with some deep license plate knowledge.

The 20 most expensive license plates in the world
    17. 99 – Abu Dhabi: $1.5 Million
    most expensive license plates 99 abu dhabi - Luxe Digital

Abu Dhabi plate No 99 was sold in June 2009 for $1.5 Million as part of an auction for a “5 series”. This means that the purchase enabled the winner to own the other 4 numbers in the same series — 9, 999, 9999, and 99999.
    So just how popular are these auctions in the UAE? According to the CEO of Emirates Auctions, during an auction the web portal can reach as high as 36,000 visitors from 52 different countries.

99, Range Rover Vogue, Abu Dhabi white
    most-expensive-license-plates-99-abu-dhabi-luxe-digital.jpg.webp
    200.gif
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    As subtle as Max's pyjamas with the '86' monogram :)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    They probably don't allow "69" in Abu Dhabi.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

They had fun getting back together for this photo.

8GENT86, Sunbeam Tiger California red
    410a804d29d07f19d3dd47fb9ff073c8--don-adams-barris.jpg

3590239543_d1a0a6a25e_b.jpg

And you haven't heard the last of 99.

AGNT 9T9, Ohio white
    full
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Agent_99 wrote: »

They had fun getting back together for this photo.

That Sunbeam Tiger belonged to a fan named Sue, who passed away in 2020. Back in 2003, she made me very happy indeed:

ETf-AwVWAAAkbNZ.jpg
    Very much appreciate you sharing another epic adventure @Agent_99.

MAXSMRT, South Australia
    s-l400.jpg

s-l400.jpg
    007 ISH, Aston Martin Arizona blue red
    8d6d4f81_5729_4fb9_a618_dbe6d66cb3ea_9eefd1ebafce7748cb8cfc61dec39cbf6e0ebc5a.jpeg
    B 2023 AE, Toyota Estima white, Bishkek City Kyrgyzstan РФ, Самарская область, м5

9521093925b8c.png
    9521093.jpg
    11136296.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    B 2023 AE, Toyota Estima white, Bishkek City Kyrgyzstan РФ, Самарская область, м5
    [/center]
    That's a little far-fetched for a Bond license plate, isn't it, @RichardTheBruce?

Anyway, Happy New Year from Germany though you probably lag 6 hours behind!
    The Year of Our Bond was the closest I could come for today. Signaling 70 years of Book Bond.

Happy New Year! Minus 6 is right for me on EST.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    saw a plate once on a silver BMW Z8: DBL07Z8
    V8V007, Aston Martin grey California
    23-James-Bond-007-In-Motion-750x500-1.jpg
    KGB SPY, Virginia
    KGB_SPY.jpg
    You should try and find some decent pictures of the recent arrest of kick-boxer/influencer and alleged human trafficker Andrew Tate in Romania, after his whereabouts were verified due to a stupid Twitter exchange with Greta Thunberg. He had claimed to own 33 high-price cars (including a Bugatti, I think, a Ferrari and an Aston-Martin), some of which had licence plates ending with "...SPY". At least fifteen of those were impounded by police. Karma.
    I took a look @j_w_pepper. Seems he favored a couple SPY plates.

And had the foresight for a T8 BYE plate.

T8 SPY, GV 17 SPY. T8 BYE.
    69197c7ea0a788676a95ff37b20acc30871bde81.pnj
    caa4c40a2c0cfa21f6ffd8571b6166b7c4865f43.pnj

How could he have three different Astons with a "T8 SPY" plate? Weren't they really registered and just sitting around on his property to serve his ego (and his reportedly small "member", which is why he claimed to be an "incel"?)

Not that I had ever heard of him before his spat with Greta, but she scored quite some points from this.

SMERSH, Texas
    s-l1600.jpg
    00 7 00, BMW X3 Michigan white
    https://bustedride.com/2023/01/26/00-7-00/
    1bf07665e76754f25d1e0fc4a382ecaab195dc23.jpg
    HA5 I LEG, Bentley black
    81f3c169bb37c500f07a8f9ac5087979--number-plates-legs.jpg

dikko_henderson_charles_gray___profile.png

edited February 2023 Posts: 13,073
    B MT2144, 1997 BMW 750iL sedan, gray
    img5.jpg
    tomorrowbmw3dl9.4060.jpg
    BMW-750iL-Car-in-Tomorrow-Never-Dies-2.jpg
    B MT2144, 1997 BMW 750iL sedan, gray
    img5.jpg
    tomorrowbmw3dl9.4060.jpg
    BMW-750iL-Car-in-Tomorrow-Never-Dies-2.jpg

I've only discovered that you posted this now (six weeks or so late), but the BMW 750i license plate is one of my main gripes about TND. It just doesn't look like a license plate that a German car would have. Normal plates are wider (typically 52 centimeters/20 in. - that's the width of the Saab plate above), while those smaller "U.S. type" plates are only allowed on vehicles imported from the U.S. that don't provide room for the normal ones. On the other hand, Germany companies did (or maybe do) export cars to the U.S. with setups for the smaller plates.

Now why would Q Branch provide Bond with a German-built BMW obviously intended to be exported to the U.S., rather than with a normal German 750i that they could have converted in the U.K. "with all the usual refinements", making that car stick out like a sore thumb instead of blending in with the business bustle of a city like Hamburg, which I think is the only objective making a 7-series BMW the appropriate car, instead of having yet another millionaire toy (like the Astons) or chick roadsters (like the Z3)?

It's definitely a minor issue, but it's sort of stupid, and an unnecessary distraction. While I do think using the Berlin registration of "B-MT 2144" is a nice nod to BMT214A, but it could have been much better executed.
    So more like this.
    bb5bc717d3a6f87e7fea88e5964da53caf252baa.pnj
    Yes...but: In 1997, the new font was not yet used necessarily (AFAIR). So it may just as well have been one of those classic DIN Mittelschrift plates, without the EU symbol on the left. But still not the compressed type, on a German-made car, and one with the (I suppose) implicit purpose to blend in with general traffic, rather than be recognised as something unusual.

Apart from this, while I like your attempt at updating it, the dash between the place of registration (in this case: Berlin, but it can be basically every town or county with up to three initial letters) and the remaining letters and numbers has been omitted to make room for larger stickers - actually like the license plate in the movie shows: The county or city of registration, and the month of the next safety inspection. Still, yes, "more like this" would have been better.
    ELIMIN8, Audi white
    forzahorizonthumb-1576094210866.jpg
    KISSY, Chevrolet black Iowa
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRporF5zhcR5CqveVsmXCYTWOTz2EIjyXo4mg&usqp=CAU

AKI 1, Virginia [Retired]
    s-l1600.jpg
    SMX-007, Mercedes AMG GT 53 Black Hungary
    e71ec92da38fe571b8bd47e82d56afc4fbe15f57.jpg