The MI6 member Birthday thread

12346»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Dragonpol
    Congratulations! And welcome to the '82 club, mate. Our year of birth is without a doubt the best film year EVER. We are indeed a very rare breed. Anyway, thanks for the invitation to your party. I'm coming, but I must have misplaced the exact address. Buckingham Palace, room something something?

Close enough. I'm moving into No. 10 soon. Heard there's going to be a vacancy. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    @Dragonpol
    Congratulations! And welcome to the '82 club, mate. Our year of birth is without a doubt the best film year EVER. We are indeed a very rare breed. Anyway, thanks for the invitation to your party. I'm coming, but I must have misplaced the exact address. Buckingham Palace, room something something?

Close enough. I'm moving into No. 10 soon. Heard there's going to be a vacancy. ;)

Well, I'm sure you can do better than the current and previous residents. And when you're in power, please don't forget about me. I would make a fine minister of education. I want 55-hour school weeks, and at least 8 weekly hours of film studies in every curriculum. No one likes maths anyway. Well, I do, but I'm willing to "forget" that if you reward me royally. See? I'd make an excellent politician.
    @Dragonpol

Well, I'm sure you can do better than the current and previous residents. And when you're in power, please don't forget about me. I would make a fine minister of education. I want 55-hour school weeks, and at least 8 weekly hours of film studies in every curriculum. No one likes maths anyway. Well, I do, but I'm willing to "forget" that if you reward me royally. See? I'd make an excellent politician.

Certainly. Education is very important and I'm not sure that successive governments have always got it right in the past. You could be my Secretary of State for Education. Would be good to have someone with actual real world practical experience of their portfolio in my Cabinet. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm not actually 40 yet, just 38.
    Whoops, I must've got it confused with my 40th!

51478778774_18984db80f_w.jpg
    51707598624_3c55780493_w.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »

Not to worry. We're of an age.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

We're certainly old enough to start wondering when those boomers are finally going to quit politics, watch their game shows and sports channels, and leave serious matters to us, young but experienced and open-minded men. ;-)
    edited October 2022 Posts: 17,804

We're certainly old enough to start wondering when those boomers are finally going to quit politics, watch their game shows and sports channels, and leave serious matters to us, young but experienced and open-minded men. ;-)

Yes, it's scary to think that the next prime minister might be close to our own age (if Rishi Sunak, born in 1980, were to take over). I am involved in politics at a very localised level but I don't think I'd ever want to stand in any kind of election. I much prefer helping behind the scenes than being front and centre. I've been interested in politics since I was a child in the days when John Major was prime minister and I even wrote down the majority Major got in his leadership reelection in 1995 in a little red notebook. My late father found that rather amusing. I was clearly a strange child. :)