Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

I am tired of movies that think action works without plot, u need a character to drive the movie or will be just a videogame with actors.

If this is a comment on NTTD, I think you are way off the mark.
  • quantumspectrequantumspectre argentina
    jobo wrote: »
    I am tired of movies that think action works without plot, u need a character to drive the movie or will be just a videogame with actors.

no, is about other movies ive seen, like, john wick is all action but we never know so much about her wife or his life before. i can see that movie once, but after i dont care so much.

jobo wrote: »

no, is about other movies ive seen, like, john wick is all action but we never know so much about her wife or his life before. i can see that movie once, but after i dont care so much.

Then I'm all with you. I hate many modern action films that are constructed like one coninuous action scene. I don't have ADHD and I don't think other moviegoers today have either, but these films seem designed to induce it on us!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why do people listen to so called "authorities"? Ignore them!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Why do people listen to so called "authorities"? Ignore them!

Total anarchy! Yes, that's going to work. ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The release of a new Bond film is always total anarchy here. ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    The release of a new Bond film is always total anarchy here. ;)

True that...
    The day before I go to see the new Bond film and I just got laid off (or rather let go) from my job.
    Damn. Talk about timing.
    Either way I still have my ticket and I'm going to see Bond tomorrow.
    The number of times I see this in the cinema may be limited.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The day before I go to see the new Bond film and I just got laid off (or rather let go) from my job.
    Damn. Talk about timing.

@ToTheRight, that sucks! I hope you have something else coming your way. Anyway, don't let this little setback spoil the fun.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Damn. Talk about timing.

@ToTheRight, that sucks! I hope you have something else coming your way. Anyway, don't let this little setback spoil the fun.

I had a second PT retail job as a back up. I'll pick up more hours there until something else comes along.
    I probably won't be able to sleep tonight since I'm catching NTTD tomorrow. I'm so excited I feel like a 10 year old on Christmas Eve.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 15,801
    Luckily I've gotten more hours at my other job this week, and may not seek further employment for awhile.
    One quick rant:
    I was all set to purchase a wooden tooth brush so I could
    be just like my hero, Daniel Craig
    and as of today we're out.
    C'est la vie.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Luckily I've gotten more hours at my other job this week, and may not seek further employment for awhile.
    One quick rant:
    I was all set to purchase a wooden tooth brush so I could
    be just like my hero, Daniel Craig
    and as of today we're out.
    C'est la vie.

Well that's just tooth-picking after having the day saved, no?
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited December 2021 Posts: 2,925
    Ignore the wokes - Bond doesn't use a wooden toothbrush for eco reasons, it's because plastic increases oestrogen levels and he prides himself on being a meat-eating, testosterone-driven killing machine. Obvs! ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    This is my rant: BIAS. We all have some. Recognizing it makes for better debates. Like when one cites lazy writing and another defends their favourite movie to the hilt instead of just saying, "You're right, but I like it anyway."
    I love TMWTGG, and I'd say the preponderance of peeps here do not. There is a LOT this movie does not have going for it, but I like it anyway. This is my bias. I am not Craig's biggest fan, but I am Brosnan & Dalton's. This is my bias.
    I don't like Skyfall. But if it starred Dalton I'd probably give the lazy writing in that a totally free pass. CR is a near perfect film, but it never shows up in my top 5. If Brosnan starred in it, you better believe it'd be there.
    /rant
    I got a terrorist threat warning on Facebook for commenting that I liked a James Bond movie. Yet the warning didn't provide any content to explain which Bond film I had commented on, and how my liking this film poses a threat or is considered bullying.
    I think it was for either TMWTGG, TND or DAF.
    Wow. That's nuts!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    What the hell?!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Wow. That's nuts!

I think it was a Christmas themed Bond post for Tomorrow Never Dies, and I commented "Big fan of this Bond outing". I supposed using the word 'outing' might have posed a threat. But it was Brosnan's 2nd outing as Bond after all.
    Maybe they think you're gay antifa-?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Facebook is odd like that. I got warned about a post I made in response to another post about Fox Hunting. I might have suggested that those who took part in hunting, should themselves be hunted down and killed, to see if they find it so sporting. Facebook didn’t agree with me.
    I got put in FB jail for 48hrs for telling a neo-Nazi off. It was considered 'bullying.' LOL
    Well, FB is the ultimate sewer pit of the Internet. It's a moral and intellectual disaster area. Honestly, I don't understand why people still bother with it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I drop in occasionally on Facebook. Shoot in and out. But to tell you the truth, these days for the most part I only go there to read about Q The Music Show, the Bond tribute band. Seeing people posting photos or stuff on their lives annoys me, even when it's those few people who are actually real-life friends and not just Facebook "friends". I don't even look at those posts anymore; something about the format bothers me. I don't know why people posting stuff on their lives here doesn't bother me though. Maybe it's because this site has another specific reason to be (Bond), but there could be more to it than that. No real profile pages either. Everything is a bit more ephemeral, less showy.

I used to post on Facebook on movies, music, things like that. Nothing really personal. But a few years ago I said eff it and deleted everything. No photos, no name, no nothing.
    FB is a useful hive of scum & villainy- if you're cautious.

LOL. Indeed. I sent a rather sarcastic response to the help center section of FB inquiring which Bond film they were so prejudiced against that anyone commenting they enjoyed it could be considered a threat. I have yet to hear back.

LOL. Indeed. I sent a rather sarcastic response to the help center section of FB inquiring which Bond film they were so prejudiced against that anyone commenting they enjoyed it could be considered a threat. I have yet to hear back.

You never will. Bots don't know how to respond intelligently. The just react as programmed.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Yes, at facebook they really know what they're doing. I'm member of quite a few ww2 aviation groups, but most are threatened by FB with closure for showing Nazi symbolism (ww2 fighter planes with swastika's on their tail) or for using the word 'Japs' for 'Japanese'. As 'Japs' is considered racist.
    Yes, at facebook they really know what they're doing. I'm member of quite a few ww2 aviation groups, but most are threatened by FB with closure for showing Nazi symbolism (ww2 fighter planes with swastika's on their tail) or for using the word 'Japs' for 'Japanese'. As 'Japs' is considered racist.

Kind of ironic, considering Japan was part of the Axis.
    Well, FB is the ultimate sewer pit of the Internet. It's a moral and intellectual disaster area. Honestly, I don't understand why people still bother with it.

As an expat I find it very useful to connect with home. Or to contact local businesses.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Kind of ironic, considering Japan was part of the Axis.

As an expat I find it very useful to connect with home. Or to contact local businesses.

There's always email... where people still bother to type full sentences. 😊