The MI6 Community Film Club For Cinephiles [On Hold]

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Murdock wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Death Wish 3 will be a blast. ;)

What's the problem? With the car, what's the problem?!

One of my favorite scenes. :D

Now you gonn' die. ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I have to give this film another chance. Look under "People Also Watched"! ;)

nintgchr.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yep, it is about as good as GE.

I can't remember who likes what around here, so I can't tell if you're having a laugh or not!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I can't remember who likes what around here, so I can't tell if you're having a laugh or not!

He hates the Brosnan era.
    Oh, I see. Well, I shall judge whether I hate the film or not after seeing it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I saw the trailer, it looked good. I'll watch it.
    For those of you who wish to watch Zindagi Na Milengi Dobara with English subtitles, go to https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://xmovies8.zone/movie/zindagi-na-milegi-dobara-2011/watching.html&ved=2ahUKEwjZ06SImIfYAhWD5YMKHc47BzYQFjAIegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw14pH6bRujToENj4_gCYB5r.

Much like Putlocker, there is some weird stuff going on with the spam, but it's fine once you get going. The film has excellent cinematography and is actually quite touching in places. There were many times I could relate to real-life with the pranks the three guys would play on each other. Each one had me laughing very hard. A happy, hilarious, real romp through Spain is what the film is, really.

Did I mention I love that blue Buick?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    For those of you who wish to watch Zindagi Na Milengi Dobara with English subtitles, go to https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://xmovies8.zone/movie/zindagi-na-milegi-dobara-2011/watching.html&ved=2ahUKEwjZ06SImIfYAhWD5YMKHc47BzYQFjAIegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw14pH6bRujToENj4_gCYB5r.

Much like Putlocker, there is some weird stuff going on with the spam, but it's fine once you get going. The film has excellent cinematography and is actually quite touching in places. There were many times I could relate to real-life with the pranks the three guys would play on each other. Each one had me laughing very hard. A happy, hilarious, real romp through Spain is what the film is, really.

Did I mention I love that blue Buick?

Yes thats why i recommended the film, because its made of a strong relatable entertaining screenplay that keeps the audience engaged.
    I have to say I really enjoyed 13 Assassins, although some points were a little too much for me. Like the legless and armless, tonguelsss girl. Ick. One of the highlights though was definitely Yūsuke Iseya as Kiga Koyata.

That guy was awesome. I was so bummed when I thought he died.
  • I have to say I really enjoyed 13 Assassins, although some points were a little too much for me. Like the legless and armless, tonguelsss girl. Ick.

Something like that turns up in Audition too.

Audition was a phenomenal horror film—the kind of thing any fan of horror or of raw, visceral filmmaking should watch once—but I doubt I could bring myself to see it again. I don't think I have another Miike film in me at all, actually.
    There had a full half-hour fight at the end there. Great stuff!
    Has anybody else watched this? There's no discussion going on. :(
    I saw 13 Assassins. Didn t like it.
    I saw 13 Assassins. Didn't like it.

Well, it's just you and I it seems.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't partake in the thread, but I've seen it years back and loved it - to anyone who did enjoy it and this type of fare, check out Miike's Blade of the Immortal. Crazy, over the top, with a ridiculous body count.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Still waiting for a free moment to give it a go.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited December 2017 Posts: 6,790
    All right, gave 13 Assassins a watch. Visually stunning at times, spectacular and well-choreographed sword fights too, which I always like. Not much else though.

Current ranking:

1. Rumble Fish
    2. L'avventura
    3. The Detective
    4. The Big Lebowski
    5. Memento
    6. 13 Assassins
    7. Vampire's Kiss

Still have to watch that Indian film though can’t seem to warm up to it so far.
    Uhh... I didn't really care for Once Were Warriors. So much brutal, rapey, family violence. What on earth inspired EON to get Tamahori for DAD? It actually made me quite uncomfortable. I don't think I'll ever watch that for a long time now. Shame. It's supposed to be so good, but I honestly was just creeped out by it. DAD is better.
    I saw it in 96. It was a horrible experience. I feel raped and murdered.
    I saw it in 96. It was a horrible experience. I feel raped and murdered.

You and I agree. It was not pleasant.
    Apparently, as @Thunderfinger so bluntly and eloquently stated, no one besides us has yet gotten raped and murdered.

Either we're too early or nobody's got time for this anymore.

latest?cb=20121231002358
    It's okay. I'm glad it had a happy ending and that she stood up to him at the end. It's just something that's very hard for me to watch is domestic violence. No relative should slap another relative around like they're bales of hay. I get that it happens, but it's just not right.
    Why is there a random "visceral" above my quote?
  • visceral
    Why is there a random "visceral" above my quote?

What are you talking about?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I see it, too. @Birdleson's post quoting @PropertyOfALady.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's just a posting error, where text was already ahead of the text that was quoted. Maybe @Birdleson had meant to type "visceral" in the post he made in response to @PropertyOfALady, but forgot that the word was above the quoted section where it didn't belong before he hit "Post Comment."
  • visceral
    I see it, too. @Birdleson's post quoting @PropertyOfALady.

I think you guys are seeing things.
    Oh my gosh!!! You are so funny @Some_Kind_Of_Hero. I don't use the term "LOL" very much, but you deserve it because it truly did make me laugh out loud. So.... LOL.
    We don't use that acronym, under any circumstances. I'll turn this thread straight around.