"You killed my dog "...John Wick discussion

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Chad Stahelski goes in depth with Chapter 3 in an 80 minute Q&A (spoilers, obviously):

http://collider.com/john-wick-3-chad-stahelski-interview-action/
    Watched it. Loved it. Bring on Chapter 4!
    John Wick 3 is a blast. So fed up with movies not living up to the hype....but this is great fun. Love the scene with the dogs!
    Only seen 1 so far. How do 2 and 3 compare with that?
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,185
    vzok wrote: »
    Only seen 1 so far. How do 2 and 3 compare with that?

For me personaly the series gets better with each entry.
    But most would probably say they are pretty equal overall. There are no big tonal shifts. The movies are similar in style and execution, but they keep expanding the world around him.
    Just got back from Parabellum. Really enjoyed the movie, and I think the 1st act is phenomenal.
    I wish the whole film was set in New York, instead of going off to Casablanca and meeting Halle Berry. I didn't feel that part of the film was necessary.
    I'm really excited for Chapter 4, and hope Keanu Reeves continues doing these films for as long as he can.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    John Wick 3 has become the first Keanu Reeves movie in 15 years to earn $100 million at the US box office.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Wow what a terrible choice.
    M_Blaise wrote: »

Wow what a terrible choice.

Agreed. I wasn't expecting much outside of the main series but I had certainly hoped the spinoffs would've retained the same consistent level of talent and directorial expertise. Wiseman is an awful choice, I'll be surprised if the film plays out as anything other than a painfully generic action film that's quickly forgettable.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,185

Reads like an april fools joke.

Female lead spin-offs have proven to be so successful in the past couple years that i can totally understand why Lionsgate would want to burn a ton of money on this... not.
    00Agent wrote: »

Female lead spin-offs have proven to be so successful in the past couple years that i can totally understand why Lionsgate would want to burn a ton of money on this... not.

That's a fair statement, but given the admiration of the main series thanks to the love for Keanu Reeves, the amount of time he puts into the role, and the overall consistency of the choreography, I was simultaneously hoping that'd continue in some form or fashion. They dropped the ball fairly quickly in that regard, I see.

That's a fair statement, but given the admiration of the main series thanks to the love for Keanu Reeves, the amount of time he puts into the role, and the overall consistency of the choreography, I was simultaneously hoping that'd continue in some form or fashion. They dropped the ball fairly quickly in that regard, I see.

Well, they already annonced a 4th film with Keanu, so i don't know why they feel the need to do this one. Personally i have zero interest in this film, or the tv series that is supposedly in development.

I'll go and watch the 4th film for sure, but i hope the series doesn't start to overstay it's welcome.

Well, they already annonced a 4th film with Keanu, so i don't know why they feel the need to do this one. Personally i have zero interest in this film, or the tv series that is supposedly in development.

I'll go and watch the 4th film for sure, but i hope the series doesn't start to overstay it's welcome.

It hasn't even begun with any of the spinoffs so I'm willing to give it a chance. I love the series and would be happy if they could make something competent out of these spinoffs.

It hasn't even begun with any of the spinoffs so I'm willing to give it a chance. I love the series and would be happy if they could make something competent out of these spinoffs.

I am willing to give it a chance as well, i am not a guy who completely dismisses something before he hasn't seen it, mind you. And i will wait and see if they can grab my interest later on somehow.

But to me, two elements are completely integral to this franchise:

1. Chad Stahelski, and his deep knowledge of stuntwork and guns, and his almost fetishizing of it in the Wick films, plus his old school directorial sensibilities, with wide lenses, and fixed cameras. We never had a stunt guy becoming a famous director before (as far as i know), and it's fun to see what he brings to the table.

2. Keanu and his extreme commitment to it all. A guy like that is needed for this. They both compliment each other perfectly.

If one of these guys is missing (and for the tv show and spin off, both are missing as far as i know) i am not sure i will care. The world building is fun to watch and entertaining but completely secondary for me. Without these two guys, it won't be enough to keep my interest i'm afraid.
    I agree. I still think they can deliver something remotely special with these spinoffs, but only if they aim to deliver the same quality as the original series has - a proper director with an eye for action (which they've failed with in terms of Wiseman), a charming lead and really, really great choreography.
    I think Wiseman did ok with Die Hard, much better than his completely incompetent successor. Maybe a bit too much cgi at the end, but overall ok. Never watched the Underworld stuff. I wish them all the best regardless.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    It seems like there could be a delay for John Wick 4's filming schedule, depending on whether or not Keanu Reeves will work on The Matrix 4 first.

And given all the casting news on Matrix in the past few weeks, it seems they'll film that first before the 4th Wick outing. Matrix 4 is currently aiming to arrive on the big screen in 2022.
    It seems like there could be a delay for John Wick 4's filming schedule, depending on whether or not Keanu Reeves will work on The Matrix 4 first.

And given all the casting news on Matrix in the past few weeks, it seems they'll film that first before the 4th Wick outing. Matrix 4 is currently aiming to arrive on the big screen in 2022.

Matrix 4's release date confirmed: May 21, 2021, which is the same release date as John Wick 4. Seems this confirms the delay.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-matrix-4-get-release-dates-1261939

The man, the myth, the legend is back at it for The Matrix 4 and John Wick: Chapter 4:

Who are the other people in the picture?
    Still waiting for the price drop with the bluray like the ones before I really consider buying it.
    Production reports have John Wick: Chapter 4 beginning production on April 30th in LA.
    ‘John Wick’ TV Series ‘The Continental’ On Track To Air Following 4th Movie In Late 2021:

https://deadline.com/2020/01/john-wick-the-continental-tv-series-2021-premiere-date-1202830779/
    edited May 2020 Posts: 15,690
    @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger @Creasy47 @DarthDimi

Director Chad Stahelski teases 'Thunderball'/'First Strike'-style underwater action set-pieces in John Wick 4:

https://collider.com/john-wick-4-script-stunts-details-chad-stahelski/
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Oh hell yeah.
    John Wick 4 delayed by one year, to May 27, 2022.

https://collider.com/john-wick-4-release-date-delayed/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh... Too bad. But understandable.
    Man, oh, man...

John Wick: Chapter 5 confirmed, will shoot back-to-back with Chapter 4:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/john-wick-5-confirmed-by-lionsgate-sequel-will-be-shot-back-to-back-with-fourth-installment-1203006611/