"You killed my dog "...John Wick discussion

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I loved the first film unreservedly but found the sequels to be a bit numbing. The world building is admirable but I much preferred having the scale of the world hinted at rather than explored in detail. Too much of a good thing, etc.

I feel they've done well with elevating and expanding the world without revealing too much; sure, there are certain aspects I wish I had never known about that the sequels offer, but there's still a lot of mystery at the heart of it that keeps it fresh and exciting for me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, I think they've done a great job too. Each movie peels a little back, of both the world and John's past, to reveal more and more as time goes on, which I like.

You know the rules over time, then get to watch John bend and break them. One of my favorite moments of the series is John just blowing Santino away, when he knows (and we along with him) what him breaking that cardinal rule will get him.
    @Creasy47, I think they've done a great job too. Each movie peels a little back, of both the world and John's past, to reveal more and more as time goes on, which I like.

You know the rules over time, then get to watch John bend and break them. One of my favorite moments of the series is John just blowing Santino away, when he knows (and we along with him) what him breaking that cardinal rule will get him.

"Jonathan.....what...have you done?"

"Finished it."

That moment is so great, quite unexpected and yet obvious if you closely follow Wick's actions - he's going to the Continental strictly for one thing, rules be damned.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, that's definitely the "I'M THINKING I'M BACK" moment of 2 where he has just had enough and explodes. I love it when a usually calm guy like John just lets all his pent up anger and frustration out in one line or action.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Keanu is simply exactly the right person for this role. His natural persona that we have glimpsed over the years is a quiet, settled, even rather spiritual guy who has something simmering inside. Just a lot of quiet strength, in general. And he's kept his private life so private that's a plus. There is always a little bit of mystery about Keanu, and that suits this role so well.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Really looking forward to it.

mv5bmje0nje3njiyov5bml5banbnxkftztgwndg0mjgxmti._v1_.jpg?itok=Az45e2qw
    I'm sure John Wick 4 is going to be epic, but I'm REALLY looking forward to John Wick 5: Let The Dogs Out.
    The next installment has been delayed all the way to March 2023. This really sucks.

• edited January 2022 Posts: 301
    This is sad news, but I'm still waiting (with hope for a very good action movie) :).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A bunch of Wick World stuff in this short article. Halle Berry. Ana de Armas. The Continental.

ign.7f27ddc21bd9.png
    Sofia Al-Azwar
    Halle Berry Hints At John Wick Spinoff
    Featuring Sofia

Justice for Jinx.
    See the complete article here:
    By Kat Bailey | 1 Feb 2022

Sofia Al-Azwar was one of John Wick's key allies in John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum, aiding him while he was on the run after being declared "excommunicado" by the High Table. Despite that, it seems that the manager of Casablanca's Continental Hotel won't be in John Wick 4.

"Sofia's not in the next John Wick movie," Berry confirmed in a new interview in IGN, which she recorded in advance of the release of Moonfall, in which she will play a starring role.

Berry's comments confirm speculation that Sofia won't be in the next John Wick film, which is currently scheduled to release in 2023. Sofia fans shouldn't despair, though, because Berry says a spinoff may be in the works.

"There could possibly be a Sofia...her own movie," Berry said. "So she might not be in John Wick, but she might be doing her own thingy-thingy."
    Berry described the potential project as "putting some ointment on a little sore," referring to the canceled Die Another Day spinoff that was to feature Berry's character Jinx, who served as James Bond's love interest in the film. Berry has repeatedly expressed disappointment over the film's cancellation, which would have been a unique turn for one of the series' Bond Girls.
    sofiathumb-1552944475037.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480&dpr=2
    Halle Berry in John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum.
    In the meantime, John Wick has been the subject of a number of spinoff rumors, both real and confirmed. The Continental, a limited series featuring a young Winston Scott in 1970s New York, is set to debut on Starz later this year. A spinoff film titled Ballerina featuring Ana de Armas is also reported to be in development.

It seems that a number of potential John Wick projects are in the works, with Sofia's spinoff being just one of several ideas. As for John Wick: Chapter 4, it's been pushed all the way to 2023 despite completing filming back in November. It'll release on March 24, 2023.
    cf3ff59c55053fc350f457b762d228e4.gif

It looks like folks may get a first look (unless this poster is all they have prepped) at John Wick: Chapter 4 on Thursday at CinemaCon

Image-from-iOS-(1).jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=1500&dpr=1.5
    edited April 2022 Posts: 40,462
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/john-wick-4-trailer-1235239925/

No trailer provided to the public, despite the title, but sounds exciting regardless.
    The texting/marketing program for John Wick: Chapter 4 fired up again yesterday with an all new number. CinemaCon is taking place in San Diego late this week too. Might we be getting our first look trailer by the end of the weekend?
    First look at John Wick: Chapter 4, fingers crossed still for ComicCon/Collider delivering a trailer for all tomorrow but I'm not too optimistic.

99ojetaf2yc91.jpg
    edited July 2022 Posts: 40,462
    I was right!

john-wick-4-keanu-reeves-poster.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    “Yeahhh”
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    OMG yes!
    Looks great! Visuals look cool! Forget Top Gunk, and M.I. whatever, this is what I'm looking forward to seeing!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Looks fine, but they ruined my anticipation for anything after the third one. The first film is still head and shoulders above the other two.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The cast list assembled for #4 is seriously impressive. About the only martial artist not featured is Michael Jai White. Maybe he is being kept for John Wick 5.

I am still eager to know what role Scott Adkins is playing.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Loved the trailer.
    The cast list assembled for #4 is seriously impressive. About the only martial artist not featured is Michael Jai White. Maybe he is being kept for John Wick 5.

Me too. I'm guessing he'll be a bad guy but I'd love to be wrong because I love rooting for him. I love just how many new characters we see in this teaser.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Me too. I'm guessing he'll be a bad guy but I'd love to be wrong because I love rooting for him. I love just how many new characters we see in this teaser.

I suspect he'll be an antagonist, bringing some of that Boyka beastness.
    If you want a fun and tight recent action film from him, check out 'One Shot.' It's beautifully crafted (like 1917 in that it uses careful edits to make it seem like one whole take) and really, really entertaining.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If you want a fun and tight recent action film from him, check out 'One Shot.' It's beautifully crafted (like 1917 in that it uses careful edits to make it seem like one whole take) and really, really entertaining.

As a big fan of his, i'm still waiting for One Shot to be released. It wasn't on Netflix while I had Netflix. And I won't subscribe to that other streaming service (owned by an online shop), because I worked for them in one of their warehouses or as they were referred to "Distribution Centres". And I will never knowingly give that company a penny of my money.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 40,462
    The full trailer is coming in 24 hours.

• More great John Wick news:
    https://collider.com/keanu-reeves-john-wick-ballerina-spinoff/

John Wick will return in Ballerina.
    Librarian wrote: »
    More great John Wick news:
    https://collider.com/keanu-reeves-john-wick-ballerina-spinoff/

John Wick will return in Ballerina.

Ian McShane will appear as Winston yet again too.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2022 Posts: 5,869
    I have to be honest I’m not the biggest fan of John Wick, but is it just me or does this look exactly like the third one?