How do you listen to music?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2023 Posts: 23,457
    I ordered a RCA switch box also which was maybe more than I should have paid for though looks decent enough and has a lot of expansion if needed...
    71i5fxQbTUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61opTK7lefL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have not listened to radio enough in recent years other than for football, like yourself i have just gone on web pages if needed to listen to some stations. Having all the stations and podcasts in one place will ensure i listen to more content for sure.

Did you have to replace the elements on the Tandberg Hi-Fi System 10 speakers yourself.

Never had use for a RCA switch myself, but I can see this might be great to have if you have numerous sources placed close to each other – and of course, speaker setups which requires it.

Not having a radio unit is no doubt a factor why I don't listen to radio all that often, even though I can easily just ask my Sonos to play a channel whenever I like. I hope you get plenty of use out of the Majority Fitzwilliam!

Luckily, I didn't have to replace the elements in the Tandberg speakers myself. I wouldn't have the skills to do so. I actually bought them through a guy I follow on Instagram who refurbishes old Tandberg amps, radios and speakers. He doesn't always put up stuff for sale, but I've been lucky to buy two Tandberg speaker pairs from him.
    Wow just set up the Radio player this looks a lot better than I was expecting and the things it can do is impressive, very happy with this purchase. Apparently there is an app where all presets etc can be set up as an alternative to doing it on the machine itself.

The RCA switch is exactly the same width as my mini amp so sits well on top. The screen is very handy as i can clearly read it 8ft away, just setting up presets now. at first i thought this unit was slow then realized i had not plugged in the antenna :))

Just added some of these highly rated stations...
    https://www.whathifi.com/features/10-of-the-best-internet-radio-stations-for-music
    Dublab, Balamii, Soho Radio and Worldwide FM promising so far, I am a bit out of touch with the indie music scene and modern music in general.

Having an external app can be handy, though there's always the small risk of it might not still be updated (or available) sometime in the future. If the same settings are easily available on the device itself, it's no big issue of course.

It's great that the two devices have the same width. Sometimes when looking at various audio devices in the past, the size of the devices have sometimes been an issue – where they've usually been too large for what I've needed at the time.

I don't think I've heard of any of these channels before. There are a lot of interesting channels out there; some years back I happened to find Worldwide FM, and I've sometimes give some of their stuff a listen. There's a lot of music presented there which I would never have found otherwise ( a lot of indie stuff, in general). As for modern music, I've just given up trying to keep up to date with that kind of stuff. I just try and find more of the stuff I really enjoy, which wouldn't be categorised as your typical modern pop music anyway.

I ended up listening to the radio for about 7 hours yesterday found some great channels, Chicago has a lot of good stations I am guessing its a popular place in the states for radio content.

I put the radio on as soon as i got up this morning, in my youth that was what i did most days.

Already i have been listening to hours of music i have never heard of, I found some pretty cool Brazilian music.

It's usually during morning I listen to radio. Not just for music, but for news too. I've yet to find a channel that plays both good music I like to listen to, as well as news though. It's usually either or.

It's always great to find new music. It's been a while since I've found anything new, so I should probably give Worldwide FM another listen.
    After buying the items have this week its unlikely i will buy a Home cinema amp anytime soon plus I have rediscovered how great it is having separates.

I still need a subwoofer or rather would like one, the sound is great without a subwoofer to be fair. Your mate who refurb's speakers is probably the avenue i should take and get a good second hand one.

It's easy to think that you should have another device to serve a specific need, but often you can easily get devices that serves just as good for different things. I've even contemplated if my Marshall Bluetooth speaker could function as a TV speaker.

Everyone I know who has or who has previously had a subwoofer have spoken very positively about it – and it might be something I'll get at some point. I don't have a good TV setup right now, so I would need to get a new media/TV console if I want to get a subwoofer, or use the Marshall speaker for the TV.

I don't know the guy who refurbishes Tandberg stuff personally, but I've had a few online chats with him when I've purchased Tandberg gear from him. He works as an electrician, and is very familiar with this specific brand, so you can always be sure that you'll get a speaker, radio or amp that will work great. It also saves me the trouble of getting a amp or whatever that might be faulty.

There is a new retro shop opened close to me i have a quick look in the window they have a lot of music equipment dating as far back as the 60's and 70's with a lot of speakers i will see if they have any subwoofers though I will need one with a audio jack as the amp pre out I have requires that.

The subwoofers i have looked at online that are brand new can be a bit pricey and others are just not available currently.

My TV and Music set up is separate, though I just use my smart speaker with my TV and FireTV etc.

I can plug my Radio player into my Dolby Atmos speaker if i wanted as an alternative.
    I ordered a RCA switch box also which was maybe more than I should have paid for though looks decent enough and has a lot of expansion if needed...

I have not listened to radio enough in recent years other than for football, like yourself i have just gone on web pages if needed to listen to some stations. Having all the stations and podcasts in one place will ensure i listen to more content for sure.

Did you have to replace the elements on the Tandberg Hi-Fi System 10 speakers yourself.

Never had use for a RCA switch myself, but I can see this might be great to have if you have numerous sources placed close to each other – and of course, speaker setups which requires it.

Not having a radio unit is no doubt a factor why I don't listen to radio all that often, even though I can easily just ask my Sonos to play a channel whenever I like. I hope you get plenty of use out of the Majority Fitzwilliam!

Luckily, I didn't have to replace the elements in the Tandberg speakers myself. I wouldn't have the skills to do so. I actually bought them through a guy I follow on Instagram who refurbishes old Tandberg amps, radios and speakers. He doesn't always put up stuff for sale, but I've been lucky to buy two Tandberg speaker pairs from him.
    Wow just set up the Radio player this looks a lot better than I was expecting and the things it can do is impressive, very happy with this purchase. Apparently there is an app where all presets etc can be set up as an alternative to doing it on the machine itself.

The RCA switch is exactly the same width as my mini amp so sits well on top. The screen is very handy as i can clearly read it 8ft away, just setting up presets now. at first i thought this unit was slow then realized i had not plugged in the antenna :))

https://www.whathifi.com/features/10-of-the-best-internet-radio-stations-for-music
    Dublab, Balamii, Soho Radio and Worldwide FM promising so far, I am a bit out of touch with the indie music scene and modern music in general.

Having an external app can be handy, though there's always the small risk of it might not still be updated (or available) sometime in the future. If the same settings are easily available on the device itself, it's no big issue of course.

It's great that the two devices have the same width. Sometimes when looking at various audio devices in the past, the size of the devices have sometimes been an issue – where they've usually been too large for what I've needed at the time.

I don't think I've heard of any of these channels before. There are a lot of interesting channels out there; some years back I happened to find Worldwide FM, and I've sometimes give some of their stuff a listen. There's a lot of music presented there which I would never have found otherwise ( a lot of indie stuff, in general). As for modern music, I've just given up trying to keep up to date with that kind of stuff. I just try and find more of the stuff I really enjoy, which wouldn't be categorised as your typical modern pop music anyway.

I ended up listening to the radio for about 7 hours yesterday found some great channels, Chicago has a lot of good stations I am guessing its a popular place in the states for radio content.

I put the radio on as soon as i got up this morning, in my youth that was what i did most days.

Already i have been listening to hours of music i have never heard of, I found some pretty cool Brazilian music.

It's usually during morning I listen to radio. Not just for music, but for news too. I've yet to find a channel that plays both good music I like to listen to, as well as news though. It's usually either or.

It's always great to find new music. It's been a while since I've found anything new, so I should probably give Worldwide FM another listen.
    After buying the items have this week its unlikely i will buy a Home cinema amp anytime soon plus I have rediscovered how great it is having separates.

I still need a subwoofer or rather would like one, the sound is great without a subwoofer to be fair. Your mate who refurb's speakers is probably the avenue i should take and get a good second hand one.

It's easy to think that you should have another device to serve a specific need, but often you can easily get devices that serves just as good for different things. I've even contemplated if my Marshall Bluetooth speaker could function as a TV speaker.

Everyone I know who has or who has previously had a subwoofer have spoken very positively about it – and it might be something I'll get at some point. I don't have a good TV setup right now, so I would need to get a new media/TV console if I want to get a subwoofer, or use the Marshall speaker for the TV.

I don't know the guy who refurbishes Tandberg stuff personally, but I've had a few online chats with him when I've purchased Tandberg gear from him. He works as an electrician, and is very familiar with this specific brand, so you can always be sure that you'll get a speaker, radio or amp that will work great. It also saves me the trouble of getting a amp or whatever that might be faulty.

There is a new retro shop opened close to me i have a quick look in the window they have a lot of music equipment dating as far back as the 60's and 70's with a lot of speakers i will see if they have any subwoofers though I will need one with a audio jack as the amp pre out I have requires that.

The subwoofers i have looked at online that are brand new can be a bit pricey and others are just not available currently.

My TV and Music set up is separate, though I just use my smart speaker with my TV and FireTV etc.

I can plug my Radio player into my Dolby Atmos speaker if i wanted as an alternative.

Cool! I wish there were any shops like that around where I live. There are a couple vintage shops, but they don't have much – if any – music equipment.

Subwoofers can indeed be very pricy, especially if you want to get a really good one.

I've been thinking about getting a new TV, as my old 14-15 year old TV isn't best suited for newer equipment, like smarts speakers and such. The TV works perfectly fine though, so getting a new one will be quite the luxury purchase…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just realized I can plug my retro CD player into the Radio player which immediately solves my not having a remote for volume or headphone jack issue I have with the old CD player. Also it means y retro CD player can utilize the radio players Equalizer, though it means I did not need the RCA switch, oh well ;)) I will still get some use out of it.

Cool! I wish there were any shops like that around where I live. There are a couple vintage shops, but they don't have much – if any – music equipment.

Subwoofers can indeed be very pricy, especially if you want to get a really good one.

I've been thinking about getting a new TV, as my old 14-15 year old TV isn't best suited for newer equipment, like smarts speakers and such. The TV works perfectly fine though, so getting a new one will be quite the luxury purchase…

My TV is maybe 8 or 9 years old one of the first 4K TV's decided to wait until it breaks down to upgrade any further, its good enough for me at the moment.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 17,312
    Just realized I can plug my retro CD player into the Radio player which immediately solves my not having a remote for volume or headphone jack issue I have with the old CD player. Also it means y retro CD player can utilize the radio players Equalizer, though it means I did not need the RCA switch, oh well ;)) I will still get some use out of it.

Haha, funny how things work out sometimes :))

My TV is maybe 8 or 9 years old one of the first 4K TV's decided to wait until it breaks down to upgrade any further, its good enough for me at the moment.

I would really like to upgrade to a 4K TV at some point, but I haven't been able to justify purchasing a new TV as long as this one is in working order. There are a lot of other things to prioritise over getting a new TV (unfortunately!). I might consider getting a TV for the bedroom though.

I would really like to upgrade to a 4K TV at some point, but I haven't been able to justify purchasing a new TV as long as this one is in working order. There are a lot of other things to prioritise over getting a new TV (unfortunately!)

Putting my CD player through the radio player did not sound as clean, it maybe the cable or the CD player's sound is being processed too much before it gets to my speakers so gone back to the RCA switch for now lol

It is understandable i try not to spend money unnecessarily, I only got the radio player as i wanted one for ages and the bookshelf speakers gave me a good excuse. Hardly watched TV all day just been listening to music on the radio so its worked out well lol

I am watching the Newcastle game with sound down and Radio on.
    These are the Radio channels i have set as presets so far, I have others added which are not on the list they are more news and politics related...

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    WDHR (Where Deep House Reigns)
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

I would really like to upgrade to a 4K TV at some point, but I haven't been able to justify purchasing a new TV as long as this one is in working order. There are a lot of other things to prioritise over getting a new TV (unfortunately!)

Putting my CD player through the radio player did not sound as clean, it maybe the cable or the CD player's sound is being processed too much before it gets to my speakers so gone back to the RCA switch for now lol

It is understandable i try not to spend money unnecessarily, I only got the radio player as i wanted one for ages and the bookshelf speakers gave me a good excuse. Hardly watched TV all day just been listening to music on the radio so its worked out well lol

It might be that sending the sound from the CD player through the radio player affects the sound, so the RCA switch might work better.

It's an expensive hobby, so you often have to pick where it's worth spending money; A charity find like those bookshelf speakers might turn out to be money well spent if you've been missing something from you current audio setup(s).

I try to keep my purchases to a minimum. The Sonos speaker I bought is my only proper audio purchase in years, and probably will be for some time.
    These are the Radio channels i have set as presets so far, I have others added which are not on the list they are more news and politics related...

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

I will have to give some of these a listen when I find the time!

It might be that sending the sound from the CD player through the radio player affects the sound, so the RCA switch might work better.

It's an expensive hobby, so you often have to pick where it's worth spending money; A charity find like those bookshelf speakers might turn out to be money well spent if you've been missing something from you current audio setup(s).

I try to keep my purchases to a minimum. The Sonos speaker I bought is my only proper audio purchase in years, and probably will be for some time.

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

If and when I get a subwoofer that will do for me unless I see a bargain on other items, I don't think I could really add much much to my set up so should do me for a decade or so lol

These days I don't tend to spend money going out for drinks, meals etc I generally don't spend money other than on usual monthly out goings and have no major financial commitments now.

I could opt for a more premium set up though I often struggle to justify spending money if I feel I am not getting value for money so always look for deals. Basically the older I have got the tighter I have become with money... thankfully lol

The stations I listed are a good mix of Rock, Soul, RnB, House, Jazz and quite a few of the channels have mainly Indie undiscovered artist's music. The Instrumental Hits radio is a gem of a channel with some great instrumental version of classic movie themes and songs.

The Radio is the best purchase I have made in a very long time, it will certainly open up a world literally of sound that I have not heard before. I love music though I have very much got stuck with 20th century music and not a fan of mainstream music today so i needed a alternative music source.
    I have an Echo Flex smart speaker that was collecting dust in a drawer so plugged it into my Radio Player so now I can access all my amazon music and podcasts directly through the retro speakers without having to use Bluetooth. I knew I would find a use for that Flex one day lol

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

If and when I get a subwoofer that will do for me unless I see a bargain on other items, I don't think I could really add much much to my set up so should do me for a decade or so lol

These days I don't tend to spend money going out for drinks, meals etc I generally don't spend money other than on usual monthly out goings and have no major financial commitments now.

I could opt for a more premium set up though I often struggle to justify spending money if I feel I am not getting value for money so always look for deals. Basically the older I have got the tighter I have become with money... thankfully lol

The stations I listed are a good mix of Rock, Soul, RnB, House, Jazz and quite a few of the channels have mainly Indie undiscovered artist's music. The Instrumental Hits radio is a gem of a channel with some great instrumental version of classic movie themes and songs.

The Radio is the best purchase I have made in a very long time, it will certainly open up a world literally of sound that I have not heard before. I love music though I have very much got stuck with 20th century music and not a fan of mainstream music today so i needed a alternative music source.

Late reply, sorry! You do get to a point where upgrades are getting (too) expensive, or not necessary at all – at least for years to come. I have a few audio gear items I'm looking at, but I'm in no rush to get them yet.

Looks like the radio will give you more enjoyment than you first thought! I'm trying to find more time to really listen to music – not just as background noise – but it's hard to find X amount of hours each weeks to begin with, so I usually end up just listening to selected songs, or half and album at the time. Not ideal!
    I have an Echo Flex smart speaker that was collecting dust in a drawer so plugged it into my Radio Player so now I can access all my amazon music and podcasts directly through the retro speakers without having to use Bluetooth. I knew I would find a use for that Flex one day lol

Haha! I have a few items I want to make use of again as well, but haven't figured out how yet.

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

Late reply, sorry! You do get to a point where upgrades are getting (too) expensive, or not necessary at all – at least for years to come. I have a few audio gear items I'm looking at, but I'm in no rush to get them yet.

Looks like the radio will give you more enjoyment than you first thought! I'm trying to find more time to really listen to music – not just as background noise – but it's hard to find X amount of hours each weeks to begin with, so I usually end up just listening to selected songs, or half and album at the time. Not ideal!

Haha! I have a few items I want to make use of again as well, but haven't figured out how yet.

Been a busy week for me with over time etc on leave now for 10 days <:-P

I went to that retro shop yesterday and bought a Subwoofer, not got it working yet as don't have the correct cables lol It was reasonably priced the brand new equivalent would have cost at least 4 times as much.

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

I went to that retro shop yesterday and bought a Subwoofer, not got it working yet as don't have the correct cables lol It was reasonably priced the brand new equivalent would have cost at least 4 times as much.

That must be great! No vacation or leave until Christmas for me, so I hope I get the time to do some proper listening during the holidays.

What kind of subwoofer is it?

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

That must be great! No vacation or leave until Christmas for me, so I hope I get the time to do some proper listening during the holidays.

I still have a lot of leave to take I did not take much time of in spring or summer.

Its a Boston 5.1 XL just been looking for it online, mine has a superficial scratch other than that it is in great condition, I will look on YouTube later to see how to repair it.

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

I still have a lot of leave to take I did not take much time of in spring or summer.

Its a Boston 5.1 XL just been looking for it online, mine has a superficial scratch other than that it is in great condition, I will look on YouTube later to see how to repair it.

Don't think I've heard about that brand before. Keep us updated on how it sounds like!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

Don't think I've heard about that brand before. Keep us updated on how it sounds like!

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Boston Acoustics and their speakers have been around for over 40 years and have always enjoyed a good reputation. I never had one of theirs, but then I still use 35-year old ATL Hans Deutsch for my main music speakers in the living room and am seriously wondering how to re-employ my 50-year old Canton shelf speakers which always sounded marvelous until I wanted something taller.

Scala Radio
    Planet Rock
    Virgin Radio UK
    Soho Radio Music
    Vintage FM
    Classic Rock Hard Radio
    Soul cafe Radio
    Jazz24
    Worldwide FM
    KCRW Eclectic 24
    Chicago House FM
    My House Radio FM
    HOT 108 JAMZ
    Instrumental Hits radio
    Netil Radio
    Balamii
    dublab
    XRAY FM
    KEXP
    NTS Radio

Sub is still not picking up a signal from my amp, i think the issue is with the amps pre out, there is a work around though not got the components yet. I may end up purchasing a AV Amplifier sooner than I wanted too lol
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Boston Acoustics and their speakers have been around for over 40 years and have always enjoyed a good reputation. I never had one of theirs, but then I still use 35-year old ATL Hans Deutsch for my main music speakers in the living room and am seriously wondering how to re-employ my 50-year old Canton shelf speakers which always sounded marvelous until I wanted something taller.

Reading online Boston Acoustic reviews were positive.
    I had to take the Subwoofer back as could not get it working, though worked out well they let me exchange it for an even better one no extra charge. It's a KEF 30B 100 watts Subwoofer and it sounds fantastic. I bought an extra amp also with more functionality.

kef-30b-sp3230-subwoofer-100-watt-110db-usato-.jpg

p1100242.jpg

Images are from online, it has a grate also which i need to dust.

71ledvIMR3L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Interesting! I've never heard of them, as mentioned, but it might just not be a brand which has been very popular here.

Limitations aside, I really like – and probably prefer – bookshelf speakers. The fit easily just about anywhere in my home, and make for some nice interior pieces.
    I had to take the Subwoofer back as could not get it working, though worked out well they let me exchange it for an even better one no extra charge. It's a KEF 30B 100 watts Subwoofer and it sounds fantastic. I bought an extra amp also with more functionality.

p1100242.jpg

Too bad you couldn't get the subwoofer to work, but it looks like you got a good deal out of it in the end! How big is the KEF 30B and the extra amp?

Interesting! I've never heard of them, as mentioned, but it might just not be a brand which has been very popular here.

Limitations aside, I really like – and probably prefer – bookshelf speakers. The fit easily just about anywhere in my home, and make for some nice interior pieces.

p1100242.jpg

Too bad you couldn't get the subwoofer to work, but it looks like you got a good deal out of it in the end! How big is the KEF 30B and the extra amp?

DESCRIPTION of KEF Subwoofer...

12" (300mm) coated paper cone driver Integral 100W RMS amplifier Low and high level inputs/outputs High output capability Unobtrusive and easy to position Versatile set-up options with broad compatibility

The KEF Subwoofer has good connect ability as apposed to the first one i bought, I could run my speakers through the sub if i wanted to. The new amp is slightly bigger than the first Fosi amp I bought, the bonus with the 2 amps I have is I can daisy chain them as one has a pass through so I could add additional speakers so things have worked out better. .
    After a bit of tweaking I think I have finally sorted out the Frequency and Crossover on the subwoofer, it appears to ber more aligned with my speakers admittedly i am a novice.

p1100242.jpg

12" (300mm) coated paper cone driver Integral 100W RMS amplifier Low and high level inputs/outputs High output capability Unobtrusive and easy to position Versatile set-up options with broad compatibility

The KEF Subwoofer has good connect ability as apposed to the first one i bought, I could run my speakers through the sub if i wanted to. The new amp is slightly bigger than the first Fosi amp I bought, the bonus with the 2 amps I have is I can daisy chain them as one has a pass through so I could add additional speakers so things have worked out better. .
    After a bit of tweaking I think I have finally sorted out the Frequency and Crossover on the subwoofer, it appears to ber more aligned with my speakers admittedly i am a novice.

Looks like this pairing is much better suited to your needs then! Will any audio equipment have to go as a result of this purchase, or is it just an addition to your audio collection?

p1100242.jpg

Looks like this pairing is much better suited to your needs then! Will any audio equipment have to go as a result of this purchase, or is it just an addition to your audio collection?

I will still use everything i have, the passive speakers/amps/subwoofer are just for music. My other Dolby Atmos soundbars/speakers are for gaming/movies respectively.

Buying these separates has made me realize I have been missing out on listening to music the right way for some time, Smart speakers are great as background music etc though when you really want to listen to music separates with passive speakers is hands down the best way.

I wire connected my PC to the Internet Radio Player so I can play all my PC music through my passive speakers and amps, its better than sending via Bluetooth.

p1100242.jpg

I will still use everything i have, the passive speakers/amps/subwoofer are just for music. My other Dolby Atmos soundbars/speakers are for gaming/movies respectively.

Buying these separates has made me realize I have been missing out on listening to music the right way for some time, Smart speakers are great as background music etc though when you really want to listen to music separates with passive speakers is hands down the best way.

I wire connected my PC to the Internet Radio Player so I can play all my PC music through my passive speakers and amps, its better than sending via Bluetooth.

What's the total number of speakers you own right now? It must be quite the collection.

This is my experience with smart speakers as well. None of my separates are high end, but they do sound better overall than my smart speakers. What you want most of all from smart speakers are convenience and functionality, but they do have their drawbacks.

i play via bluetooth quite a lot, but again, it's for convenience moer than anything else.

p1100242.jpg

What's the total number of speakers you own right now? It must be quite the collection.

This is my experience with smart speakers as well. None of my separates are high end, but they do sound better overall than my smart speakers. What you want most of all from smart speakers are convenience and functionality, but they do have their drawbacks.

i play via bluetooth quite a lot, but again, it's for convenience moer than anything else.

Just counted 23 speakers though I probably have more, there are a few permanently paired speakers amongst them. I bought a random set of micro speakers and a subwoofer the other week it was going cheap its for a PC I probably won't use them lol

Bluetooth is fine its just with so many signals flying around my home bluetooth occasionally cuts out for a second so a wired connection is more reliable for me.
    External Blu Ray DVD Drive, USB 3.0 & Type-C Blu-Ray Burner Writer with SD/TF & USB Ports, Slim Optical 3D BD Bluray Drive for Laptop Mac MacBook Pro Air iMac PC Apple Windows 11/10
    41lP+s-PTZL._SL500_.jpg
    51B0Sjl4xtL._SL500_.jpg
    Bought this new external disk player for my PC in the Black Friday sales, listening to some of my CD's they sound really good. the build quality is much better than my other player. My only issue currently is finding the best Bluray software for windows 11, its proving a bit of task. I primarily bought this to force myself to watch more of my physical Bluray disks.
    I donated two sets of my speakers to a charity shop, I have a bad habit of holding on too stuff. they were in immaculate condition so was difficult to part ways lol though I kept saying to myself 'you wont use them again... let go'. lol

Bought 3 CD albums today, I have easily bought over a hundred CD's in the past 6 month's, I rarely stream music now. I stream music in kitchen and gym room for convenience that's it.
    External Blu Ray DVD Drive, USB 3.0 & Type-C Blu-Ray Burner Writer with SD/TF & USB Ports, Slim Optical 3D BD Bluray Drive for Laptop Mac MacBook Pro Air iMac PC Apple Windows 11/10
    41lP+s-PTZL._SL500_.jpg
    51B0Sjl4xtL._SL500_.jpg
    Bought this new external disk player for my PC in the Black Friday sales, listening to some of my CD's they sound really good. the build quality is much better than my other player. My only issue currently is finding the best Bluray software for windows 11, its proving a bit of task. I primarily bought this to force myself to watch more of my physical Bluray disks.

I have an ASUS SBC- (and a model number I can't remember right now) Blu-ray drive which I use to watch my Blu-ray collection on my Macbook. I know watching BRs on a Macbook isn't optimal quality wise, but it's my only way of watching BRs right now.

I use Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player Pro to watch my BRs – which works alright. It's not a perfect program, but it works. Mac only though.
    I donated two sets of my speakers to a charity shop, I have a bad habit of holding on too stuff. they were in immaculate condition so was difficult to part ways lol though I kept saying to myself 'you wont use them again... let go'. lol

Bought 3 CD albums today, I have easily bought over a hundred CD's in the past 6 month's, I rarely stream music now. I stream music in kitchen and gym room for convenience that's it.

I know the feeling! I have some stuff I might have to donate soon too, but won't prioritise doing so until sometime next year.

Are these new CD's primarily, or charity store finds?
    41lP+s-PTZL._SL500_.jpg
    51B0Sjl4xtL._SL500_.jpg

I have an ASUS SBC- (and a model number I can't remember right now) Blu-ray drive which I use to watch my Blu-ray collection on my Macbook. I know watching BRs on a Macbook isn't optimal quality wise, but it's my only way of watching BRs right now.

I use Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player Pro to watch my BRs – which works alright. It's not a perfect program, but it works. Mac only though.

I know the feeling! I have some stuff I might have to donate soon too, but won't prioritise doing so until sometime next year.

Mostly from charity shops though found some great albums, I have said it before though it amazes me the things I find though its because of people switching to streaming.

I have considered buying a good retro tape player though talked myself out of it, I think the novelty factor would wear off quick and I am not willing to commit to buying an entirely new tape collection (I threw away all my tapes but one years ago, only tape I have is a The Living Daylights audio book).

I have downloaded and deleted several Bluray apps/software, the ones I have kept I am not totally happy with, it looks like I would have to pay quite a lot of money to get a good Bluray app for my PC.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,312
    41lP+s-PTZL._SL500_.jpg
    51B0Sjl4xtL._SL500_.jpg

Mostly from charity shops though found some great albums, I have said it before though it amazes me the things I find though its because of people switching to streaming.

I have considered buying a good retro tape player though talked myself out of it, I think the novelty factor would wear off quick and I am not willing to commit to buying an entirely new tape collection (I threw away all my tapes but one years ago, only tape I have is a The Living Daylights audio book).

I have downloaded and deleted several Bluray apps/software, the ones I have kept I am not totally happy with, it looks like I would have to pay quite a lot of money to get a good Bluray app for my PC.

I've yet to find albums I actually want in vintage/charity stores, of which there are few in my area. CD's aren't that expensive if new necessarily, though – especially if it's not a brand new release. I did consider getting a few CD's as an early Christmas gift to myself, but I had prioritise a few other expenses. These releases will be available to buy whenever I want to get them anyway though.

The novelty factor potentially wearing off has often been what kept me from getting a few vintage items too. I did look at vintage reel-to-reel tape decks a few years ago, but as it would mostly have been a decorative item, I decided against getting one.

I did pay a bit for Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player Pro. Quality wise it was probably not worth it, but other apps I tried were either worse or didn't really work properly at all, so all in all it was probably worth it anyway. I haven't had to look at a different solution since. I hope you find an app you'll be happy with!