How do you listen to music?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,327
    Using Headphones with it now, the detail is impressive.

I will customize the setting with different touch button profiles at some point.

Listening to Goldeneye score wow the detail is impressive through my speakers, my PC speakers have been reinvigorated :)) To be honest my PC speakers were capable of a lot more than what i was sending to them.
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,279

https://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-gc7

Thinking of buying this device, now I have started PC gaming again I want to improve the sound. On the surface this device appears to have impressive functionality.

Edited: Just ordered one.

That looks like a handy gadget for gamers! Not too big either, so you won't have to worry about having enough desk space. I've never been much of a PC gamer myself, so that world of gadgets is unknown territory for me. But I remember back in the late 90's/early 00's when me and my mates were into gaming – on consoles or PC – that there was so much more you could get for PC gaming – especially controllers.

The different sound modes appealed to me and its got virtual 7.1 sound. I watched several reviews on YouTube and many have said it's great for music whether it be headphones or speakers, the fact it has a fibre optic connection was a major plus I could connect my sound bar or get some better speakers.

Regarding desk space I have quite a few gadgets attached to my PC now :)) The DAC should arrive tomorrow, I am glad I shopped around I almost ordered one that was £30+ more expensive than the one i ended up ordering. I really like its aesthetic.

You should definitely write an update if you connect the device to your soundbar or other speakers you have, and let us know how it all sounds like.

It has a nice look for sure. I like my gadgets even more minimalistic than this, but that's probably not something you want for a device with features like this!

I don't have a dedicated desk myself (my previous one didn't suit my needs anymore), but I'm thinking about getting a new one, or even having one built/building one myself. Still trying to figure out what I really need from a desk; A fold-down wall mounted desk is definitely an option, but I don't really like having anything mounted to the wall. I will no doubt end up with a smaller desk, as I only own laptops.

Its just arrived now and its literally a plug and play Windows 11 set it up as the main source when switched off it goes back to my in built sound card with no fuss at all.

I have not even downloaded the software (will do that after the Football). Its amazing just on the device itself you have so much control, the music purrs out of my Creative speakers. I have not even tried it yet with headphones. It is so much better than my new PC sound card which is good and my old amp is totally undercurrent now. I am very happy with the purchase.

It's interesting how much even smaller external components can make on the sound quality. For computers and laptops, it's often the sound they go cheap when manufacturing. I've never compared external components to an upgraded sound card though, so the difference must no doubt be even greater if using this gadget on my current setup.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Thinking of buying this device, now I have started PC gaming again I want to improve the sound. On the surface this device appears to have impressive functionality.

That looks like a handy gadget for gamers! Not too big either, so you won't have to worry about having enough desk space. I've never been much of a PC gamer myself, so that world of gadgets is unknown territory for me. But I remember back in the late 90's/early 00's when me and my mates were into gaming – on consoles or PC – that there was so much more you could get for PC gaming – especially controllers.

The different sound modes appealed to me and its got virtual 7.1 sound. I watched several reviews on YouTube and many have said it's great for music whether it be headphones or speakers, the fact it has a fibre optic connection was a major plus I could connect my sound bar or get some better speakers.

Regarding desk space I have quite a few gadgets attached to my PC now :)) The DAC should arrive tomorrow, I am glad I shopped around I almost ordered one that was £30+ more expensive than the one i ended up ordering. I really like its aesthetic.

You should definitely write an update if you connect the device to your soundbar or other speakers you have, and let us know how it all sounds like.

It has a nice look for sure. I like my gadgets even more minimalistic than this, but that's probably not something you want for a device with features like this!

I don't have a dedicated desk myself (my previous one didn't suit my needs anymore), but I'm thinking about getting a new one, or even having one built/building one myself. Still trying to figure out what I really need from a desk; A fold-down wall mounted desk is definitely an option, but I don't really like having anything mounted to the wall. I will no doubt end up with a smaller desk, as I only own laptops.

Its just arrived now and its literally a plug and play Windows 11 set it up as the main source when switched off it goes back to my in built sound card with no fuss at all.

I have not even downloaded the software (will do that after the Football). Its amazing just on the device itself you have so much control, the music purrs out of my Creative speakers. I have not even tried it yet with headphones. It is so much better than my new PC sound card which is good and my old amp is totally undercurrent now. I am very happy with the purchase.

It's interesting how much even smaller external components can make on the sound quality. For computers and laptops, it's often the sound they go cheap when manufacturing. I've never compared external components to an upgraded sound card though, so the difference must no doubt be even greater if using this gadget on my current setup.

True my last PC was limited I did not realize how much tech had moved on since I bought my new one a few months ago. My old PC served me well and I upgraded it as much as possible until it hit a wall :))

True my last PC was limited I did not realize how much tech had moved on since I bought my new one a few months ago. My old PC served me well and I upgraded it as much as possible until it hit a wall :))

Haha! That's the trouble with tech - once you start upgrading components, you can't stop!

It's really incredible the leaps tech can make in just a few years. I got a "wow experience" when I got the Macbook I use at work now; the sound quality and power coming out of that machine compared to my old Macbook (which I'm typing on right now) is very noticeable.

Haha! That's the trouble with tech - once you start upgrading components, you can't stop!

It's really incredible the leaps tech can make in just a few years. I got a "wow experience" when I got the Macbook I use at work now; the sound quality and power coming out of that machine compared to my old Macbook (which I'm typing on right now) is very noticeable.

I have never had any Apple products, I have used them in work etc I never liked how ring fenced they were.Though I have always appreciated there aesthetic.

UK has not had the update yet though with Windows 11 in the USA you can download Amazon App store and download android Apps to your PC which will be a major game changer.

I have never had any Apple products, I have used them in work etc I never liked how ring fenced they were.Though I have always appreciated there aesthetic.

UK has not had the update yet though with Windows 11 in the USA you can download Amazon App store and download android Apps to your PC which will be a major game changer.

In my experience, people are very much in the Apple camp or the PC/Android camp! :)) Apple products are more or less an industry standard in my line of work; only in very rare circumstances have I seen people opting for PC/laptops over Mac/Macbooks. Because of this, I find it easier sticking with Apple products at home as well.

Interesting! Apple are expanding the user experience these days as well, so I guess this is an answer to what Microsoft are doing, vice versa.

In my experience, people are very much in the Apple camp or the PC/Android camp! :)) Apple products are more or less an industry standard in my line of work; only in very rare circumstances have I seen people opting for PC/laptops over Mac/Macbooks. Because of this, I find it easier sticking with Apple products at home as well.

Interesting! Apple are expanding the user experience these days as well, so I guess this is an answer to what Microsoft are doing, vice versa.

Makes perfect sense with graphic design, I am sure if I did get Apple I would probably switch over though it would be costly with having so many Android and Microsoft devices.

I downloaded the software for GC7 there is a lot of customization. I have programs the buttons it's basically a macro key pad also, you can get the keys to do anything.

The software scans your ears and head to improve the sound???

Its odd just listening to Ice Bandits through my headphones and picking up on sounds that were not even there before, or my previous set up just did not pick up on them.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    Usually via headphone on pc or laptop.

Makes perfect sense with graphic design, I am sure if I did get Apple I would probably switch over though it would be costly with having so many Android and Microsoft devices.

I downloaded the software for GC7 there is a lot of customization. I have programs the buttons it's basically a macro key pad also, you can get the keys to do anything.

The software scans your ears and head to improve the sound???

Its odd just listening to Ice Bandits through my headphones and picking up on sounds that were not even there before, or my previous set up just did not pick up on them.

Yes, a switch to Apple products would be very costly, and would only really make sense if a new laptop, phone or other devices are needed. It took few years before I was "Apple only". I have no products to compare my current Apple products with, but I imagine there is little to separate Apple with Android/Microsoft in quality (there's no doubt a lot of non-Apple products that can compete with Apple in specs and build). When buying Apple products you're not just buying the product, but also the brand and their product designs.

How does the software manage to scan your ears and head to adjust the sound?
    M16_Cart wrote: »
    Usually via headphone on pc or laptop.

What kind of headphones do you use @M16_Cart?
    I had to download an App on my phone first to register then it uses your camera to take a photo of both ears and head.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZu3wei6TqKX7rls3RdsKX_m3gIV3hl-WrSA&usqp=CAU

Then the info appears on the PC version of the app and configures the sound to the shape of your ears 😂 There is two apps to use on PC why they have two makes little sense they should have combined them. There is alot of customisation you certainly get your monies worth.

When gaming the sound moves around you very effectively in scout mode it's a bit surreal.
    I had to download an App on my phone first to register then it uses your camera to take a photo of both ears and head.

Then the info appears on the PC version of the app and configures the sound to the shape of your ears 😂 There is two apps to use on PC why they have two makes little sense they should have combined them. There is alot of customisation you certainly get your monies worth.

When gaming the sound moves around you very effectively in scout mode it's a bit surreal.

I wonder how effective this feature really is or if it's just a neat gimmick, but I guess anything is possible, haha!

Why have they opted for two separate apps? Seems unnecessarily complicated.

I wonder how effective this feature really is or if it's just a neat gimmick, but I guess anything is possible, haha!

There is one app for the unit the second app is for the SXFI system built into the unit. No idea why there could not be in one app. I guess you could just use one App ignoring the more advanced software. You can plug Xbox, PlayStation or Mobile phone into the unit.

Tomorrow I will watch some YouTube videos to learn all I can about the settings.

There is one app for the unit the second app is for the SXFI system built into the unit. No idea why there could not be in one app. I guess you could just use one App ignoring the more advanced software. You can plug Xbox, PlayStation or Mobile phone into the unit.

Tomorrow I will watch some YouTube videos to learn all I can about the settings.

That's very strange. Surely it would be a lot better (and easier) to have a single app for the unit and the built-in system – not only for users, but also the developers!

By the way you describe this device, it sounds like you can spend an entire day on Youtube getting to know the features! :))

That's very strange. Surely it would be a lot better (and easier) to have a single app for the unit and the built-in system – not only for users, but also the developers!

By the way you describe this device, it sounds like you can spend an entire day on Youtube getting to know the features! :))

Just on my PC now one App is made by Creative and the second App is by SXFI, I kind of understand now that its the collaboration between Creative and a Software creator. Perhaps the software will be used with many different DAC/AMP manufacturers at a guess.

Yeah already spend almost 2 days on the DAC lol I just want to gauge peoples opinions on the best audio settings, though I have already programmed a few presets I think are great..
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,279

Just on my PC now one App is made by Creative and the second App is by SXFI, I kind of understand now that its the collaboration between Creative and a Software creator. Perhaps the software will be used with many different DAC/AMP manufacturers at a guess.

Yeah already spend almost 2 days on the DAC lol I just want to gauge peoples opinions on the best audio settings, though I have already programmed a few presets I think are great..

That could be the case, and would be the most logical reason for having two separate apps. One would hope that these apps could be good cross-platform solutions for many devices. That's often the issue when buying speakers and audio gear these days; every manufacturer have their own apps and solutions, which often (and deliberately by the manufacturers) makes it easiest for customers to stay within the same ecosystem.

I often go online searching for particular settings in devices as well, as there's usually a forum thread or similar that covers anything you're looking for. It's fun to fiddle around with settings on you own too, of course!

That could be the case, and would be the most logical reason for having two separate apps. One would hope that these apps could be good cross-platform solutions for many devices. That's often the issue when buying speakers and audio gear these days; every manufacturer have their own apps and solutions, which often (and deliberately by the manufacturers) makes it easiest for customers to stay within the same ecosystem.

I often go online searching for particular settings in devices as well, as there's usually a forum thread or similar that covers anything you're looking for. It's fun to fiddle around with settings on you own too, of course!

I have improved my sound further, my sound setting on Windows 11 was set to Stereo so just changed it to 7.1 Surround Sound.

Also just realized I had previously downloaded a lot of my purchased digital content from Amazon Music in standard format :)) so going to have to download a lot my music again in HD and Ultra HD.

I have improved my sound further, my sound setting on Windows 11 was set to Stereo so just changed it to 7.1 Surround Sound.

Also just realized I had previously downloaded a lot of my purchased digital content from Amazon Music in standard format :)) so going to have to download a lot my music again in HD and Ultra HD.

Imagine changing that setting alone will make quite a difference!

I'm not familiar with Amazon Music myself. Do you have to purchase the music again, or can you just download the same music in a better quality format?
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,327

I'm not familiar with Amazon Music myself. Do you have to purchase the music again, or can you just download the same music in a better quality format?

With Amazon music I just downloaded the Album again and deleted the lower quality version on my PC. Also if you buy a CD on Amazon you often get a digital copy with it, I first noticed that when buying CD gift for someone then realized I had the album in digital format also which is good.

I am not a Audiophile though now I have been researching higher end Amps/Dac's and higher end Headphones which is a slippery slope to spending lots of money unnecessarily :))

With Amazon music I just downloaded the Album again and deleted the lower quality version on my PC. Also if you buy a CD on Amazon you often get a digital copy with it, I first noticed that when buying CD gift for someone then realized I had the album in digital format also which is good.

I am not a Audiophile though now I have been researching higher end Amps/Dac's and higher end Headphones which is a slippery slope to spending lots of money unnecessarily :))

That's a bit like Apple TV and movie purchases then. You can always redownload any film in 4K for example (if that particular film has that option). As far as I know, Amazon Music Unlimited isn't available in Norway, so I don't know if higher quality music through Amazon is available here.

Oh, going down that route is very dangerous for your wallet! Every time I start reading up on more audiophile oriented gear, I get very tempted to upgrade some of the stuff I already have. I don't want to sell any of my gear though, and I don't have space for more audio gear anyway (which is probably a good thing!). I have been looking at a small DAC though, which I might end up getting at some point.

That's a bit like Apple TV and movie purchases then. You can always redownload any film in 4K for example (if that particular film has that option). As far as I know, Amazon Music Unlimited isn't available in Norway, so I don't know if higher quality music through Amazon is available here.

Oh, going down that route is very dangerous for your wallet! Every time I start reading up on more audiophile oriented gear, I get very tempted to upgrade some of the stuff I already have. I don't want to sell any of my gear though, and I don't have space for more audio gear anyway (which is probably a good thing!). I have been looking at a small DAC though, which I might end up getting at some point.

I have Amazon Unlimited at the moment as it was free for three months, I tend to listen to music more in the summer. Albums I have purchased from Amazon are occasionally in Ultra HD SP and NTTD were and I noticed earlier YOLT was in UHD also.

I am happy with this new Amp its great, I may buy some more headphones though will ensure its worth upgrading as the set I already have are very good with the Amp.

Just found this video re: SFXI technology...

It was interesting listening to that last part of the video, when I was trying different settings earlier whilst gaming I did think its like I am not wearing headphones.
    HD560S-750x750.jpg
    I am thinking about buying these Sennheiser HD 560S, Open back reference-grade headphones for audio enthusiasts, Over Ear , Black. This headset has great reviews right across the board, many saying they are excellent at there price point.

I am happy with my gaming headset with the new Amp when playing games on my PC, though I know that music wise I can get much more from the Amp. The Sennheiser HD 560S are classed as good entry level Audiophile Headphones.

Edited: I just ordered the Headphones, the overwhelming positive reviews made me do it :)) Joking aside they do appear to be very high quality, they will arrive tomorrow.

I have Amazon Unlimited at the moment as it was free for three months, I tend to listen to music more in the summer. Albums I have purchased from Amazon are occasionally in Ultra HD SP and NTTD were and I noticed earlier YOLT was in UHD also.

I am happy with this new Amp its great, I may buy some more headphones though will ensure its worth upgrading as the set I already have are very good with the Amp.

Just found this video re: SFXI technology...

It was interesting listening to that last part of the video, when I was trying different settings earlier whilst gaming I did think its like I am not wearing headphones.

Really cool that older releases such as YOLT also get the UHD treatment. Hope I get the chance to listen to one of these at some point!

I've never heard about SUPER X-FI before. Will have to read up on what the technology can do – and if there are some products that fits my needs. I often watch movies on my Macbook, with headphones or in-ear headphones as my sound source. It's obviously not the best way to watch films or TV shows, but it allows me to watch what I want wherever I want. A pair of Creative SXFI Theatre headphones could be ta tempting purchase to make.
    YOLT sounds Fantastic, its a mixed bag with Bond Albums most are in HD some only in standard format. GE in HD sounds great, that score is growing on me. So far there only appears to be 3 bond scores in UHD that I have purchased from Amazon Music.
    HD560S-750x750.jpg
    I am thinking about buying these Sennheiser HD 560S, Open back reference-grade headphones for audio enthusiasts, Over Ear , Black. This headset has great reviews right across the board, many saying they are excellent at there price point.

I am happy with my gaming headset with the new Amp when playing games on my PC, though I know that music wise I can get much more from the Amp. The Sennheiser HD 560S are classed as good entry level Audiophile Headphones.

Edited: I just ordered the Headphones, the overwhelming positive reviews made me do it :)) Joking aside they do appear to be very high quality, they will arrive tomorrow.

Just ran to Argos and got myself another Headset stand ready for my new Headphones, I am becoming one of those people who display headphones :)) though to be fair they look great as ornaments.

I buy Stealth stands, cheap though do the job I am not bothered about RGB lights on the stand etc.

2991784_R_Z001A?w=1500&h=880&qlt=70&fmt=webp

I have started watching film's again on my PC recently, usually older films I have on DVD like Noir. If its a big special effects movie will just watch it on my TV.

SUPER X-FI the more I learn about it the more i appreciate what they are setting out to achieve, at first when listening to SUPER X-FI I just thought the sound seems far away lol

I expected that to be the case. The Bond scores are a mixed bag content wise as well, with some missing a lot of the shorter tracks and cues. There's one from FYEO I really like which is not on the soundtrack album. I really hope they make an extended play of that score one day.

Sennheiser make really good headphones. I only have one pair of headphones myself, and those are Sennheisers (I've probably mentioned them before in this thread). They are not audiophile quality, but they've lasted me seven years of frequent use and still do the job. I've been considering a headset stand too. Not because I want to display my Sennheisers, but because I think they will last longer when placed on a stand, rather than just on any available table or in my backpack, like they do now.

Big special effects films are always best on TV. When watching big blockbusters, I tend to switch out the Macbook with TV, but my TV is 14 or 15 years now and I'm looking to replace it at some point – either with a new TV or even a projector of some sort. Don't know yet how much money I want to spend on a TV or monitor though. The Frame from Samsung is one of the TV's I'm considering.

That video was enough to make me curious about SUPER X-FI – especially as an alternative to a surround speaker setup, which I don't have space for anyway.
    I expected that to be the case. The Bond scores are a mixed bag content wise as well, with some missing a lot of the shorter tracks and cues. There's one from FYEO I really like which is not on the soundtrack album. I really hope they make an extended play of that score one day.

Sennheiser make really good headphones. I only have one pair of headphones myself, and those are Sennheisers (I've probably mentioned them before in this thread). They are not audiophile quality, but they've lasted me seven years of frequent use and still do the job. I've been considering a headset stand too. Not because I want to display my Sennheisers, but because I think they will last longer when placed on a stand, rather than just on any available table or in my backpack, like they do now.

Big special effects films are always best on TV. When watching big blockbusters, I tend to switch out the Macbook with TV, but my TV is 14 or 15 years now and I'm looking to replace it at some point – either with a new TV or even a projector of some sort. Don't know yet how much money I want to spend on a TV or monitor though. The Frame from Samsung is one of the TV's I'm considering.

That video was enough to make me curious about SUPER X-FI – especially as an alternative to a surround speaker setup, which I don't have space for anyway.

Yeah there are still a few of the expanded scores I need to get though a few of them are quite expensive.

I have toyed with the idea of purchasing Sennheiser DAC/AMPS prior to getting the one i ended up buying. Sennheiser tend to have great reviews on there products. The Stealth stands cost me about £8 each though you can get them cheaper online. I will likely buy another stand tomorrow as just put my Skull Candy headphones on the one I bought today, the Skull Candy headphones were on a hook previously on the wall.

SUPER X-FI is a good alternative and cheaper if you get a DAC with it apposed to a whole sound system, plus on the DAC I have you have the customization and the option to switch to surround sound.

My 4K TV is one of the earlier ones when HDR first was introduced it was quite expensive at the time, the price of TV's has dropped considerably. If you shop around you can find good spec's at a reasonable price.

Wow I am watching NTTD on my PC using Scout Mode the way this technology identifies sound location and distance is impressive. the sound design for NTTD is superb it really showcases film making at its best.

Yeah there are still a few of the expanded scores I need to get though a few of them are quite expensive.

I have toyed with the idea of purchasing Sennheiser DAC/AMPS prior to getting the one i ended up buying. Sennheiser tend to have great reviews on there products. The Stealth stands cost me about £8 each though you can get them cheaper online. I will likely buy another stand tomorrow as just put my Skull Candy headphones on the one I bought today, the Skull Candy headphones were on a hook previously on the wall.

SUPER X-FI is a good alternative and cheaper if you get a DAC with it apposed to a whole sound system, plus on the DAC I have you have the customization and the option to switch to surround sound.

My 4K TV is one of the earlier ones when HDR first was introduced it was quite expensive at the time, the price of TV's has dropped considerably. If you shop around you can find good spec's at a reasonable price.

Wow I am watching NTTD on my PC using Scout Mode the way this technology identifies sound location and distance is impressive. the sound design for NTTD is superb it really showcases film making at its best.

Yes, that's usually the case with expanded scores. I only have one myself – and it's not Bond, but the Bullitt score – which is a 2 CD release with the original movie score as heard in the film, and a rerecording done by Lalo Schifrin around the same time for a general release of the soundtrack. I was fortunate enough to find the soundtrack on sale.

I've also looked at other Sennheiser products, such as amps, but those have usually been a bit out of my price range. There are always other options from other manufacturers in lower price ranges though.

Yes, that's my thinking about SUPER X-FI: it's more affordable and there's no need to connect several components. I've had surround sound components before, and it's been such a hassle, with wires, placement in the room etc. In the end I found it better to just sell everything.

TV prices are considerably more affordable now. A 43 inch The Frame is cheaper new than what my old TV cost at the time. I doubt I'll go bigger than 43 inches though. I've even considered the 32 inch TV, but ideally I'd want something between 32 and 43 inches – such as a 36 inch screen. There's no 36 inch option in The Frame range though.

Have you tried watching any of the older films in the same mode? Obviously you're likely to get get more out of the new films sound wise, but it's interesting if there's a noticeable difference with the older films as well.

Yes, that's usually the case with expanded scores. I only have one myself – and it's not Bond, but the Bullitt score – which is a 2 CD release with the original movie score as heard in the film, and a rerecording done by Lalo Schifrin around the same time for a general release of the soundtrack. I was fortunate enough to find the soundtrack on sale.

I've also looked at other Sennheiser products, such as amps, but those have usually been a bit out of my price range. There are always other options from other manufacturers in lower price ranges though.

Yes, that's my thinking about SUPER X-FI: it's more affordable and there's no need to connect several components. I've had surround sound components before, and it's been such a hassle, with wires, placement in the room etc. In the end I found it better to just sell everything.

TV prices are considerably more affordable now. A 43 inch The Frame is cheaper new than what my old TV cost at the time. I doubt I'll go bigger than 43 inches though. I've even considered the 32 inch TV, but ideally I'd want something between 32 and 43 inches – such as a 36 inch screen. There's no 36 inch option in The Frame range though.

Have you tried watching any of the older films in the same mode? Obviously you're likely to get get more out of the new films sound wise, but it's interesting if there's a noticeable difference with the older films as well.
    The scene in NTTD when the Aston Martin was being shot to pieces, listening in Scout Mode it felt like I was been shot at with a hail of Bullets, it was insane.

After NTTD I watched the pre title sequence to SP which was amazing. Then TND the gun barrel theme sounded great though not Dolby Atmos from streamed source so a step below the two latter DC films.

I listened to FRWL pre title it was good certainly an improvement from before I had the Amp. I changed the settings on each film and every sound mode offers quite a unique experience.

Bullitt I listen to often I have a few other Albums by Lalo in UHD which sound incredible. I did not know there was an expanded edition, I will have to get that.

La-La Land Records did a few PB Bond scores expanded editions that I want though I was not prepared to pay the price they were asking.

The scene in NTTD when the Aston Martin was being shot to pieces, listening in Scout Mode it felt like I was been shot at with a hail of Bullets, it was insane.

After NTTD I watched the pre title sequence to SP which was amazing. Then TND the gun barrel theme sounded great though not Dolby Atmos from streamed source so a step below the two latter DC films.

I listened to FRWL pre title it was good certainly an improvement from before I had the Amp. I changed the settings on each film and every sound mode offers quite a unique experience.

Bullitt I listen to often I have a few other Albums by Lalo in UHD which sound incredible. I did not know there was an expanded edition, I will have to get that.

La-La Land Records did a few PB Bond scores expanded editions that I want though I was not prepared to pay the price they were asking.

Nice! Imagine you'll need to make some adjustments to the settings to get the most out of each film. Much like the Blu-ray and 4K treatments have made the older films look better than ever before, improving the sound experience can make a world of difference too.

The Bullitt soundtrack with the original movie score was released by Film Score Monthly back in 2009. I think it was a limited release, but it looks to still be available on the webshop of Screen Archive Entertainment.

Those La-La Land Records releases weren't cheap, that's for sure. At the time of release I had a lot of other things to prioritise, but if they were released today, I might have considered buying them – at least TWINE, which is probably my favourite of the Brosnan era.

Nice! Imagine you'll need to make some adjustments to the settings to get the most out of each film. Much like the Blu-ray and 4K treatments have made the older films look better than ever before, improving the sound experience can make a world of difference too.

The Bullitt soundtrack with the original movie score was released by Film Score Monthly back in 2009. I think it was a limited release, but it looks to still be available on the webshop of Screen Archive Entertainment.

Those La-La Land Records releases weren't cheap, that's for sure. At the time of release I had a lot of other things to prioritise, but if they were released today, I might have considered buying them – at least TWINE, which is probably my favourite of the Brosnan era.

Just testing my new Headphones now, the UHD tracks I have sound incredible and using the software really enhances the listening experience. Alas the headphones are exposing some of the standard definition recordings more lol

007 and Ipress File themes which I have in UHD just purr, toset tracks really showcases how good the headphones are and leads to the realization you need all your music in UHD to really appreciate the headphones. lol

Just testing my new Headphones now, the UHD tracks I have sound incredible and using the software really enhances the listening experience. Alas the headphones are exposing some of the standard definition recordings more lol

007 and Ipress File themes which I have in UHD just purr, toset tracks really showcases how good the headphones are and leads to the realization you need all your music in UHD to really appreciate the headphones. lol

That's unfortunately the drawback with better equipment – you'll get more of the details in the recordings, or lack thereof!

The Ipcress File score is one of my personal favourite. I imagine it sounds magnificent. I must get my hands on some UHD recordings somehow.