Sir Roger Moore (1927 - 2017)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Top five Roger Moore cars list
    http://www.tv2.no/broom/9148724/
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 32
    I guess NO ONE is paying attention to that late James Bond actor, they are so preoccupied with the terror attack that happened in Manchester. Including Ariana Grande.
    jorgem wrote: »
    I guess NO ONE is paying attention to that late James Bond actor, they are so preoccupied with the terror attack that happened in Manchester. Including Ariana Grande.

He has a name ,and what do you mean ?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I've flagged it as obvious troll activity trying to start something.
    Good point @Thunderpussy ,I will do the same,pal.
    He has the same posts over on AJB007.
    Flagged.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Ditto
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »

This will not be without result either. No one trolls or spams in this thread.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »

This will not be without result either. No one trolls or spams in this thread.
    Damn right DD...NOT in this thread...EVER.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,044
    James Bond Radio writes on their Facebook page that EON and MGM are going to make an official announcement later this day. Although the news is not related to B25.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MrBond wrote: »
    James Bond Radio writes on their Facebook page that EON and MGM are going to make an official announcement later this day. Although the news is not related to B25.

Something regarding a tribute for Moore, then? Very cool of them, I look forward to checking it out. Will it be shared on Facebook or on the official 007 website?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Something regarding a tribute for Moore, then? Very cool of them, I look forward to checking it out. Will it be shared on Facebook or on the official 007 website?

No idea, they haven't written anything more. But it will most likely be announced on FB and Twitter.

Creasy47 wrote: »

No idea, they haven't written anything more. But it will most likely be announced on FB and Twitter.

Good stuff, I'm sure someone will share it here when the time comes, too.
    It's not gonna be the same watching his movies from here on out.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 503
    Still feeling very sad over Roger's death - I'm very glad to have a place to come and have others share in our mutual feelings of respect and despair over his loss.

I was just thinking back to that rumor going around during the 50th Anniversary of Bond, that maybe all the actors were finally going to come together for a picture/skit, and how we'd all said that it would probably be "the last time it could happen".

:(
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'll probably be popping in Roger's best tonight (TSWLM). First time in a while.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I watched TMWTGG the day he passed and it definitely wasn't anywhere near the same for me; an air of gloom and heartbreak was present throughout. He'll always be missed.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    My wife and I finally managed to re-watch LALD tonight in honour of Roger's passing, and enjoyed it (and him ) immensely once more. LALD also was the only Bond film that I saw three times at a cinema on its first run in 1974 (it came out over here around Christmas, 1973).
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I was wondering how I'd feel watching his films now. I've got LALD in and must say it's making me feel better.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I'm still hesitant to watch one of his Bond films now. At this moment I'm afraid I might not feel better when I do.

Like others have said, I'm really happy with this community and the ability to go through this with you all.
    I guess like many of us, I've been working my way through his Bond films, although
    Not in any order.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I felt better after watching TSWLM on the night he passed. He will live on forever through his great films, both the Bond ones and the others.
    I felt like I had to write in this thread.
    :'(

Rest In Peace you amazing human being!
    Roger Moore was among the nicest men the world will ever know. Not only was he a great Bond and an underrated actor, he has also helped many children and has improved the lives of many through UNICEF. I wish more people would be as kind as Roger Moore was. My thoughts are with you and your family. We all greatly appreciate every thing you have done inside the Bond franchise and out. RIP Sir Roger Moore. You are greatly missed.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    On vacation when I heard this and was gutted like most of you here. His Bond was my favorite, the guy wore his Bond status like a badge and always took great pride in being a part of the franchise. As said by many here, his humanitarian work was vast and inspiring. While Sir Rog always considered himself a lucky bastard (from the US title of his last book 'One Lucky Bastard'), it was really all of us Bond fans that were the lucky bastards. For the countless memories we have of him and the audio commentaries that we can always listen to, like a permanent recollection of stories a grandfather would tell his grandchildren. Always self-deprecating, Rog, baby you will always be the best!

Ugh, definitely going to need a Rog marathon when I get back home.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Roger gets a mention in the BBC's weekly news quiz:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40046652
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    It's funny, but it wasn't a Bond film that Sir Rog made a mark on me, it was The Wild Geese

Just loved his character of Sean Flynn. Moore at his coolest and made a big impression on a 12 year old schoolboy!

The ruthless way he despatches the drug dealer making him eat his own product....brilliant!

Also loved the way he dispatches the guard at the airport with the silencer while still chewing on a huge cigar!

It wasn't until Octopussy that a Sir Rog Bond made an impression on me.

A dependable and underrated actor.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Announcement of a tribute to Sir Roger Moore by screening TSWLM and FYEO in cinemeas around the world with 50% of proceeds going to UNICEF:

• cwl007cwl007 England
    I'm sure a lot of you have done this too but...
    In the past I've really enjoyed listening to Sir Roger commontate over his films while watching them on Bluray. It has given the films a new perspective and depth and a different way to appreciate them. What better way to spot things and learn than having the great man as your own personal tour guide.
    That's what I'm going to do again to pay my own little tribute to my childhood hero. Watch his Bond films while listening to him tell me about them all over again.
This discussion has been closed.