'My Dinner with Hervé' - Peter Dinklage to Stars as Hervé Villechaize in the Upcoming HBO Biopic

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    There is a part for Britt Ekland in it as well.mainly because Herve was a tremendous flirt.

Doesn't look like Roger Moore is part of the film.
    There is a part for Britt Ekland in it as well.mainly because Herve was a tremendous flirt.

Archive features, maybe? Who Can play Moore convincingly, apart from Moore himself?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Ludovico wrote: »

Archive features, maybe? Who Can play Moore convincingly, apart from Moore himself?
    Geoffrey Moore looks a lot like his dad, and is apparently an actor himself. I'd say he could do it. Just get him to put lenses on, he'll be great.

MV5BZGRmNTQyYzctZTkwNC00NmQ1LTk4NzItZTk0NjMwYjkyNjU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODI2NTY4MDE@._V1_.jpg

actor-geoffrey-moore-arrives-for-the-screening-of-the-vault-held-at-picture-id841650484

geoffrey-moore-arrives-at-gordon-ramsays-temporary-restaurant-in-picture-id829067052
    He’s got the look at least.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Looks like a cross between Osher Günsberg and Richard Hammond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    0ki75cewr7m11.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/amp/life/2018/10/13/my-dinner-with-herv-triumphs-and-trials-in-engrossing-portrait.html?__twitter_impression=true

Based on this Review, Roger Moore will be played by one "Mark Umbers".

Definitly has a fitting look to him.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPupZiGuas29cnpBc49flyaSVQNOJd2epxo_iauqlbvgmehQ
    Interesting x I wonder how big a part he has in it.
    He's going to be rumored as the next Bond I can bet on it.

And Peter Dinklage will be rumored/suggested by someone here as a future Bond villain.

And Peter Dinklage will be rumored/suggested by someone here as a future Bond villain.

He's 45, same age Roger was when he began. I think he looks at least 10 years younger. Well, Roger kept a youthful vibe for quite some time as well.

ToTheRight wrote: »

He's 45, same age Roger was when he began. I think he looks at least 10 years younger. Well, Roger kept a youthful vibe for quite some time as well.

That's why he'll be rumored. I don't think he should get the role mind you or even be considered. But he'll be rumored.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 2,496
    'My Dinner with Hervé' director Sacha Gervasi reflects on the history he shares with the film and his titular character
    https://meaww.com/my-dinner-with-herve-sacha-gervasi-herve-villechaize-peter-dinklage-jamie-dornan-dwarf

TV Review: Peter Dinklage in HBO’s ‘My Dinner With Hervé’
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/reviews/my-dinner-with-herve-review-peter-dinklage-hbo-1202973788/
    This is premiering on Sky Atlantic next Monday 22October at 9pm till 11:05pm.
    I will be recording it as Arsenal play that night live on Sky Sports .
    ‘My Dinner With Hervé’ will premire in Australia on FOX Showcase on Friday, 26 October, 2018 at 8:30PM (EST).

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited October 2018 Posts: 2,630
    The TMWTGG scene from My Dinner With Herve, courtesy of MI6-HQ. The actor who played Sir Roger isn't terrible either.

https://www.facebook.com/mi6hq/videos/943018782547881/

DqH3lQeWsAENG8E.jpg
    I plan on watching this at some point this week. That guy looks nothing like Roger Moore, but I'm very interested in seeing TMWTGG scene. I saw a snippet of it shared on Facebook earlier, wanted to save it for the film itself.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I plan on watching this at some point this week. That guy looks nothing like Roger Moore, but I'm very interested in seeing TMWTGG scene. I saw a snippet of it shared on Facebook earlier, wanted to save it for the film itself.

I think he does look like Moore, at least to a degree. Whether he can play Moore is a different matter entirely. Only Moore could play Moore.
    I think it's fair to say Mark Umbers looks more like Roger Moore than Dinklage looks like Hervé though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,395
    It's not without its issues though definately worth a look, it has bitter sweet moments, the TMWTGG scenes are fun.
    bondsum wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say Mark Umbers looks more like Roger Moore than Dinklage looks like Hervé though.

That's definitely the case.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Just watched this. The story is actually fairly slight, but Dinklage is terrific in it. He infuses Herve with so much pathos and charm that it's difficult not to feel for him during the sadder moments. Dornan is a much more difficult character to care about especially throughout the course of the whole film - both in the writing of his character and the way the actor chooses to portray him. As a gruff, prickly and eternally annoyed. The scenes between Dinklage and David Straithan as his agent on the other hand show a lot of warmth. But really the film gets repetitive. The TMWTGG scenes are over in a flash. They don't take the opportunity to have Herve interacting with Maud or Britt which seems a shame. But this is worth watching for Dinklage alone.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dinklage was initially jarring though his performance soon made me forget he looked nothing like Hervé. I did feel the film fell into parody on occasion though some of the themes did resonate with me, the catharsis that the two central characters went through worked.

Andy Garcia was not very convincing as Ricardo Montalban, in fact it was a pretty lousy attempt.
    Fantastic interview with Mark Umbers about his casting as Sir Roger, in which he also reveals that he auditioned for Bond once:

http://jamesbondradio.com/jbr-exclusive-actor-mark-umbers-sheds-light-on-his-experience-portraying-sir-roger-moore-and-incidentally-james-bond/
    Sounds a very decent and humble chap, not unlike the historical figure he portrayed.

I wouldn't be opposed to his casting in the role of Bond should the opportunity arise.
    Sounds a very decent and humble chap, not unlike the historical figure he portrayed.

I wouldn't be opposed to his casting in the role of Bond should the opportunity arise.

I agree, very likeable fellow
  • 00Agent wrote: »

That would certainly be interesting to get a warmer, perhaps more humorous or more Roger-like Bond next time around. Would be a stark contrast to our Bond incumbent.
    00Agent wrote: »

That would certainly be interesting to get a warmer, perhaps more humorous or more Roger-like Bond next time around. Would be a stark contrast to our Bond incumbent.
    I'd love that!
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. Going by the interviews, Mark Umbers is at least in two reenacted scenes from TMWTGG; Scaramanga's island and the fight on the junk. Does anyone know Mark Umbers total screen running time in this movie?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,395
    bondsum wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. Going by the interviews, Mark Umbers is at least in two reenacted scenes from TMWTGG; Scaramanga's island and the fight on the junk. Does anyone know Mark Umbers total screen running time in this movie?

Not very long a couple of minutes or so, the film focuses alot more on Fantasy Island.
    That's a shame. Seems like a totally missed opportunity to cash in on the popularity of Bond. I mean, who cares about Fantasy Island? Thanks for the info @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.