24 (2001 - 14) / 24: Legacy (2017) / Designated Survivor (2016 - 19)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Not really impressed by the trailer. I guess 24 is not known for its subtlety or intelligence but... Was it really necessary to go through all the British clichés icons? Okay, I get it, it is set in London.

Every time 24 has moved somewhere that isn't LA, they've made a big deal of it. Besides, they had to make an impression on the people who don't look up internet stuff to know that it's set in London. I was, for one, quite impressed by it, considering I didn't even know they had any footage filmed yet. I read an interview from IGN maybe a week and a half ago and Sutherland talked about how they hadn't started filming.

the Union Jack or the phone booth alone would have been enough.

Quite, but, like I said, 24 always makes a big deal out moving around.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2014 Posts: 4,441
    This tv spot is better then that trailer and inspecialy because showing other chacters can lead to big spoilers.

Fanart trailer
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Talking of Spoilers, that second video is dangerous for those who have not seen the series!

For me, it makes me want to see all again!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    So is this a movie or another season of the tv show?
    Another season. The ninth. There will be no film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ah okay. Thanks. :)
    Samuel001 wrote:

While Live Another Day is happening instead of the planned film, they don't rule it out happening one day.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/foxs-24-return-is-film-670479
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I greatly admire Judy Davis; sorry she could not be in it.

I am so psyched for this new series! Honestly, the first one was so excellent, thoroughly enjoyable (yeah, some seasons were better than others, but still ...) and I am very happy indeed to have another series of 24 coming up this year. Also happy it's in London, which I love.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I love the fact that it's set in London. Jack's only been out of the country three times on the series; one was Africa, where he was saved a bunch of children, one was Mexico, which is just over the border and barely counts, and the third was China, where he was tortured for two years. It'll be nice to see him during an entire season (12 episodes though it may be) outside of the US.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I still have yet to watch the last two seasons of 24. Other than buying them I'm not really sure how to get my hands on those copies.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Damn, this show was just too good. They had some serious characters who you just loved to hate. So looking forward to this!
    Oh ... is he set to spend the entire season in England? is that confirmed? I'd love that. Yes, I think a great deal has been done with him in the U.S. and I am more than ready for him to be based overseas, especially in the U.K.
    I still have yet to watch the last two seasons of 24. Other than buying them I'm not really sure how to get my hands on those copies.

Netflix? I'm sure there's about a thousand other places you can download them illegally. DirecTV's Audience Network airs them in 4 episode blocks every couple of days.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

While Live Another Day is happening instead of the planned film, they don't rule it out happening one day.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/foxs-24-return-is-film-670479

Before that there will be a series 10. I can't see a film being the right way to go. This has, after all, been talked about for years now. They may want it to happen but I can't see it personally.
    Oh ... is he set to spend the entire season in England? is that confirmed? I'd love that. Yes, I think a great deal has been done with him in the U.S. and I am more than ready for him to be based overseas, especially in the U.K.

Ever since series 6 they've ditched L.A. Africa, Washington, New York now London. From now on, 24 is on the move but the locations really don't change much within the story I find.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Ever since series 6 they've ditched L.A. Africa, Washington, New York now London. From now on, 24 is on the move but the locations really don't change much within the story I find.

Can't blame them. Six seasons in the City of Angels, that's way too many terrorist incidents in one city in a relatively short period of time. I personally think that Season 5 should have taken us somewhere else.
    I wish this show had ended after the fifth season. I am a passionate fan of the first five seasons and just as passionate a critic of the final three (especially the sixth, which, bar the final season of Dexter, is IMO the worst season of TV ever). Jack Bauer being carted off to China after five soulbreaking days of saving his country is a compelling and deeply unsatisfying ending. Think "Chinatown" levels of unsatisfying. Much better than what we got after it (although I will credit them for one thing; they know how to end a series. That finale was incredible).
  • Think "Chinatown" levels of unsatisfying.

This explains so many of your opinions! Wow!
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Think "Chinatown" levels of unsatisfying.

The village idiot returns! Wow!

Do you know what an unsatisfying ending is? Not the "Oh, that was bloody stupid" type of ending. Unsatisfying in that the bad guys win, the good guy loses. That's exactly how Chinatown ends and it's one of the best endings in the history of cinema. 24 would've been perfect with that kind of ending. The Sopranos had one and that was one of the best finales ever (even the initial backlash has mostly turned into praise).

Regardless, I don't know what you're on about but I figured I would explain my words for you and any of the other simpletons on here. Apologies to everyone else, I've not been having a great couple of days and now even on here I have to deal with garbage from people like MH.
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Do you know what an unsatisfying ending is? Not the "Oh, that was bloody stupid" type of ending. Unsatisfying in that the bad guys win, the good guy loses. That's exactly how Chinatown ends and it's one of the best endings in the history of cinema. 24 would've been perfect with that kind of ending. The Sopranos had one and that was one of the best finales ever (even the initial backlash has mostly turned into praise).

Regardless, I don't know what you're on about but I figured I would explain my words for you and any of the other simpletons on here. Apologies to everyone else, I've not been having a great couple of days and now even on here I have to deal with garbage from people like MH.

You're wasting your time explaining things to him.
    Matt_Helm wrote:

You're wasting your time explaining things to him.

Perhaps. It's been a rough day is all.
  • Matt_Helm wrote:

it seems I misinterpreted you (and for that I apologize ) but how can "unsatisfying" be a descriptive term for an end,that would otherwise be of lesser Quality? After all it is what gives Chinatown it's Greek tragedy like momentum.
    But I guess to someone for whom "CR is the best film ever" a satisfying end would constitute of Jack Nicholson standing over shot in the leg John Houston and saying: "Gittes. Jake Gittes"
    Kiefer Sutherland is on the Jonathan Ross show tonight at 9.55pm ITV1! No doubt 24 will be discussed!!! :-bd
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

Netflix? I'm sure there's about a thousand other places you can download them illegally. DirecTV's Audience Network airs them in 4 episode blocks every couple of days.

I think you can stream it on Netflix but if a show is longer than three seasons they don't show the entire season four and on, they just show a few of them. 24 isn't a show that you can just watch a few episodes of and understand what's going on.

I think you can stream it on Netflix but if a show is longer than three seasons they don't show the entire season four and on, they just show a few of them. 24 isn't a show that you can just watch a few episodes of and understand what's going on.

And yet, that's technically what they're doing with Live Another Day, as they say the season will skip certain hours so that it starts and ends at the same time.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Two seasons were enough. The idea was refreshing and exciting at first, but enough is enough. At least for me.
    I'll watch because of the British interest but I also agree that it became very stale after the first two seasons.
    I just realized something that's probably pure coincidence.

US airdate: 5+5+14=24

Like I said, probably just coincidence. Cool coincidence, but coincidence nonetheless.
    It did not get stale for me, although some seasons were better than others.
    I am very psyched to get another series with this. I don't mind them changing the time around; I just like the characters so much. And I love it being in England.
    Set and shot in London, 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY once again will follow the exploits of heroic agent JACK BAUER (Sutherland). Four years ago, Jack was a fugitive from justice. Now an exile, he nevertheless is willing to risk his life and freedom to avert yet another global disaster. Tracking Jack are CIA head STEVE NAVARRO (Benjamin Bratt, "Law & Order"); CIA agent KATE MORGAN (Yvonne Strahovski, "Dexter"), who is both resourceful and ruthless; JORDAN REED (Giles Matthey, "Jobs"), a smart and sophisticated CIA computer tech; and ERIK RITTER (Gbenga Akinnagbe, "The Wire"), a sharp, strong and arrogant field operative. Calling the shots is JAMES HELLER (William Devane, "The Dark Knight Rises"), now President of the United States. Heller is flanked by his Chief of Staff MARK BOUDREAU (Tate Donovan, "Damages"), who is married to Heller's daughter - Jack's former flame, AUDREY (Kim Raver, "Revolution"). Meanwhile, a hardened CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub, "Firewall"), Bauer's CTU confidante, is now working underground with high-profile hacker ADRIAN CROSS (Michael Wincott, "The Crow"). The iconic pulse-pounding clock resets when 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY premieres with a special two-hour television event "Day 9: 12:00P.M.-1:00P.M./ Day 9: 1:00P.M.-2:00P.M" on Monday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-901/902) (TV-TBA)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Yvonne Strahovski as Kate Morgan; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian; Kim Raver as Audrey Boudreau; William Devane as James Heller; Benjamin Bratt as Steve Navarro; Tate Donovan as Mark Boudreau; Michael Wincott as Adrian Cross; Gbenga Akinnagbe as Erik Ritter and Giles Matthey as Jordan Reed.