24 (2001 - 14) / 24: Legacy (2017) / Designated Survivor (2016 - 19)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wait wasn't this supposed to be a Movie?
    I love storylines of nuclear implication and 24 hit these right around the ballpark.

It is my sincere hope that Elisha Cuthbert, who performs as Jack's daughter and was in her very own Season 2 storyline, that was excellence. I fell in love and saw her in The Girl Next Door, albeit such a cherub will never grace my doorstep. A man must dream.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm reading the Wikipedia page for 24: Live Another Day (still a stupid title, by the way, even this far in), and what do I find? 24 in, of all places, London?! Is Jack Bauer taking a page from Skyfall's script here? Also, the characters (and their respective actors) of Audrey Raines and James Heller are returning? I'm more and more intrigued.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The scenery will tire after a while and I think they're struggle to do anything new. I'll watch it but going back to the past doesn't seem the best idea. I'm not trying to be negative but fear my views will be realised.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    To be honest I never thought The Wire was as brilliant as everyone says. It was good don't get me wrong but I did get bored during some of it.

My favourite TV shows (drama wise) are Breaking Bad and Life On Mars.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    was just listening to the soundtrack yesterday. I hope Sean Callery is returning for the music portion. I absolutley love this track:

kicking ass Ted Coffel style!
    Sean Callery is coming back. Nearly everyone who worked on Series 8 is.
    I have high hopes no matter how disappointing the 8th season was. I'm just happy how we will finally be getting an ending.
    May not be the end though? Depends how ambitious they to get Jack Baur on the big screen?
    I don't think they'll make a film now. It's likely to just continue as a series depending on the success of Live Another Day.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    24 works as a TV show. I'm glad they're sticking with TV as their format, instead of trying to shove Jack Bauer into film.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I think when they announced it as a miniseries, and not a film, that they would probably make more 24 miniseries over the years.
    Depending on the success of Live Another Day, I believe.
    Well whatever it brings? I am looking forward to seeing Jack Bauer again soon! :-bd
    Official cast and premier date announced. May 5th!

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fox-sets-may-5-premiere-for-24-live-another-day-1201051526/

Anyone else notice that James Heller has been elected President? That is definitely going to make a great plot point for Jack. Brilliant
    The Wire is the best thing ever made by humanity. The scary thing is that that statement is not an over-exaggeration.

I agree. The Wire is Greek tragedy in contemporary Baltimore.
    Colin Salmon has joined the series. He will play General Coburn, an intelligent, powerful and fiercely loyal man who does not suffer fools no matter what rank.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/24-live-another-day-adds-colin-salmon/#more-676127
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh, I've always liked Colin; know him only from the Bond films, though. Happy to read this news.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Colin Salmon has joined the series. He will play General Coburn, an intelligent, powerful and fiercely loyal man who does not suffer fools no matter what rank.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/24-live-another-day-adds-colin-salmon/#more-676127

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news. I've never seen Colin Salmon do a role I didn't like, even if it's in sh*tty films like Resident Evil or Alien Vs. Predator.
    Samuel001 wrote:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news. I've never seen Colin Salmon do a role I didn't like, even if it's in sh*tty films like Resident Evil or Alien Vs. Predator.

He's pretty good in Punisher War Zone. :)
    Yes, he was, but I also don't consider that a sh*tty film.
    Yes, he was, but I also don't consider that a sh*tty film.

True. Just watched it the other day. Had a blast. :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • Brilliant trailer, really looking forward to this.

Great news about Colin Salmone too. Good actor, and nice to see a former Bond cast member in the new series.
    Wicked news regarding Colin Salmon! Plan to meet him in May at the Collectormania event! Now I can ask about his time on Bond AND 24!!!!! :-bd
    Not really impressed by the trailer. I guess 24 is not known for its subtlety or intelligence but... Was it really necessary to go through all the British clichés icons? Okay, I get it, it is set in London.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Not really impressed by the trailer. I guess 24 is not known for its subtlety or intelligence but... Was it really necessary to go through all the British clichés icons? Okay, I get it, it is set in London.

Every time 24 has moved somewhere that isn't LA, they've made a big deal of it. Besides, they had to make an impression on the people who don't look up internet stuff to know that it's set in London. I was, for one, quite impressed by it, considering I didn't even know they had any footage filmed yet. I read an interview from IGN maybe a week and a half ago and Sutherland talked about how they hadn't started filming.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    great trailer..this by far was the best thing during the Super Bowl, as the game and ads sucked!
    great trailer..this by far was the best thing during the Super Bowl, as the game and ads sucked!

I happened to enjoy the Radio Shack, Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Transformers: Age of Extinction commercials, but that's about all I saw, and the Radio Shack one by way of YouTube.
    Ludovico wrote:

Every time 24 has moved somewhere that isn't LA, they've made a big deal of it. Besides, they had to make an impression on the people who don't look up internet stuff to know that it's set in London. I was, for one, quite impressed by it, considering I didn't even know they had any footage filmed yet. I read an interview from IGN maybe a week and a half ago and Sutherland talked about how they hadn't started filming.

the Union Jack or the phone booth alone would have been enough.