Would you be interested in seeing a digitally rejuvenated Sean Connery play Bond one more time?

12346»

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Yeah, the closest to deaging that Connery got was in that FRWL game where his voice sounded nothing like his 32 year old self, whereas Douglas, Jackson, and RDJ could still sound like how they did from decades ago.
    Wake me up when they start CGI-ing Bob Mitchum into new Movies. B-) I'd like to see Mitchum in a new Marlowe film, and a Mitchum version of Taken (2008) wouldn't go amis either.

Me, too. No question.
    Mitchum all the way!

Now I wonder,
    does this new CGI incorporating iconic/ deceased actors into new films have anything to do with current actors being so horrendous, we need to revive legends like James Dean just to get a halfway decent performance?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Wake me up when they start CGI-ing Bob Mitchum into new Movies. B-) I'd like to see Mitchum in a new Marlowe film, and a Mitchum version of Taken (2008) wouldn't go amis either.

Me, too. No question.
    Mitchum all the way!

Now I wonder,
    does this new CGI incorporating iconic/ deceased actors into new films have anything to do with current actors being so horrendous, we need to revive legends like James Dean just to get a halfway decent performance?

If one is cynical one could think that, but I think this is just a case of Hollywood trying to find a way to use dead iconic actors because it would be much easier and cheaper to sell a “new” James Dean film than actually doing the hard work of looking for fresh hungry talent.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Me, too. No question.
    Mitchum all the way!

Now I wonder,

If one is cynical one could think that, but I think this is just a case of Hollywood trying to find a way to use dead iconic actors because it would be much easier and cheaper to sell a “new” James Dean film than actually doing the hard work of looking for fresh hungry talent.

I agree. Perhaps it's also another approach to introduce iconic actors like James Dean to younger audiences unfamiliar with the Golden Age of Hollywood?
    Might as well just show them the classics than perform necromancy on a lesser film.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    No.