The parenting thread

124»

Comments

I wish our son would accept the thing, we tried and failed. It would've been so much more convenient then the blood..eh..lovely carriage. ANyway, that Morgan guy needs to look in the mirror, claiming he's more manly than Craig.

I cannot think of someone less manly than Morgan. An eunuch, maybe. I mean he looks and sounds like the Pillsbury Doughboy.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I wish our son would accept the thing, we tried and failed. It would've been so much more convenient then the blood..eh..lovely carriage. ANyway, that Morgan guy needs to look in the mirror, claiming he's more manly than Craig.

I cannot think of someone less manly than Morgan. An eunuch, maybe. I mean he looks and sounds like the Pillsbury Doughboy.
    I know little of the man, but I fail to see why he's famous in the first place. His remarks have been as backward and unfunded as Clarkson's, with the big difference that Clarkson never hid the fact that he's a big oaf and he's funny to boot. And Clarkson is a gifted presenter.
    The Uk tried to give Morgan to the US and they countered with a gift to world: Trump.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I must say, almost five months in and I've got my son smiling and laughing when I start humming the James Bond tune. This guy is set out for great things...
    I must say, almost five months in and I've got my son smiling and laughing when I start humming the James Bond tune. This guy is set out for great things...

My son used to love You Know My Name, or at least the title sequence of CR. Not sure he loves it now sometimes he changes interests quickly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2018 Posts: 45,489
    When my son was a toddler, he would ignore the tv except whenever a commercial was airing when he would always stand up straight in front of the tv set and pay good attention.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    When my son was a toddler, he would ignore the tv except whenever a commercial was airing when he would always stand up straight in front of the tv set and pay good attention.

A sign then that advertising really reels you in from an early age! :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, frightening. None of us watch tv anymore.

Yes, frightening. None of us watch tv anymore.

To be honest, I don't watch it that much myself any more. No time in between working and sleeping!
    My son LOVES watching stuff on the iPad, I need to be careful so he does not watch too much of it.

Oh and he LOVEs Baby did a bad, bad thing by Chris Isaak.
    My son LOVES watching stuff on the iPad, I need to be careful so he does not watch too much of it.

Yes, my son is also glued to most screens, either phones or tv. As soon as one is on he'll keep looking at it. He's especiallt fond of a Russian cartoon from the cold-war era. And I must say, I love it too....

Yes, my son is also glued to most screens, either phones or tv. As soon as one is on he'll keep looking at it. He's especiallt fond of a Russian cartoon from the cold-war era. And I must say, I love it too....

Is it the one with a rabbit and a wolf?

Is it the one with a rabbit and a wolf?

Nope, a cat, a dog and a boy who runs off because he's not allowed to keep them, and together they get a government house in a village. And a cow.
    Happy Father's Day everyone!
    Happy Father s Day!
    81kylRnkH0L._SY550_.jpg
    yep, happy father's day
    My father didn t manage to fool me as Father Christmas when I was a kid as I recognized his shoes,and I told him as much.

But I managed to fool my own son. I asked him where his father was as I had heard so much about him, and he replied that he was in the basement getting the clothes wash. He was awestruck. I am still pleased with that. And I have let him in on the secret since he grew up.
    My six year old boy has started getting really obsessed about James Bond. He hasn't watched a full movie yet, but loves many of the songs, especially Goldfinger, You Know My Name and Skyfall.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I got my little one two babysuits from the online 007 shop, one of them says “Licence to Spill”, the other one “Cry Another Day” :p
    My son has a very elaborate make belief game, called "the War Game", or War for shorts, and he plays a soldier/special op guy. He fights a secret organisation called Phantom, lead by a mysterious figure who is known as King Cobra. As he has no siblings I often play with him. Sometimes it feels like we're in a Bond movie.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Cool thread. Missed it in the past for obvious reasons, but now I can drop by. My boy is nine months old and not yet into Bond obviously. But I'm getting there. ;-)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Cool thread. Missed it in the past for obvious reasons, but now I can drop by. My boy is nine months old and not yet into Bond obviously. But I'm getting there. ;-)

I hope his first word is "Moonraker".
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »

I hope his first word is "Moonraker".

I'd be happy with that, as a matter of fact.

Thanks. Yeah I should write more here, to keep it active.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 7,965
    My son has a very elaborate make belief game, called "the War Game", or War for shorts, and he plays a soldier/special op guy. He fights a secret organisation called Phantom, lead by a mysterious figure who is known as King Cobra. As he has no siblings I often play with him. Sometimes it feels like we're in a Bond movie.

Ha, epic. Maybe I should start to introduce my son to Bond, for now I'm usually a dinosaur or leopard (the enimal, not the tank).
    My six year old boy has started getting really obsessed about James Bond. He hasn't watched a full movie yet, but loves many of the songs, especially Goldfinger, You Know My Name and Skyfall.

Sounds like you're bringing the boy up right, @Ludovico. ;)

I'm training him to play the role in around 25-30 years.

It'll be a good investment. :)
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 14,816

He'll be the best James Bond: he's already a lady's man (seriously there's like three or four girls that adore him at school), he's got the blue eyes, he's a mixed culture, part British, part Canadian with a dash of South African in him, and he already plays characters that are megalomaniacs wanting world domination.

He'll be the best James Bond: he's already a lady's man (seriously there's like three or four girls that adore him at school), he's got the blue eyes, he's a mixed culture, part British, part Canadian with a dash of South African in him, and he already plays characters that are megalomaniacs wanting world domination.

Yes, I had thought of the mixed nationality of his parents as being very Bondian. Glad to hear that the rest is coming together nicely! :)