Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Looks terrific.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel is already on track for a 2019 release!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/793857-spider-man-homecoming-sequel#XXCTpYfGiWkEoA2w.99

DC: Delays or swaps out movies when schedules get behind, sometimes losing directors as they do it.

Marvel: Greenlights sequels months before the first movies come out.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That can be a good thing or a bad thing. On the one hand, Marvel has yet to make a true financial failure at the box office, and critically the worse they've done is the mixed reception to The Incredible Hulk; all of that means they can afford to expect Homecoming to be a success.

On the other hand, After Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man movies have had a track record of getting worse (and in my opinion, Spider-Man 2 wasn't as good as people make it out to be; Doc Ock was great, but everything else...). This isn't just in Marvel's hands, even though Kevin Feige is leading the way, Sony still has a good amount of say. Hopefully, their failure with Amazing Spider-Man 2 will have taught them what they shouldn't do.

What I mean to say is that I hope Marvel's not jumping the gun greenlighting a sequel before Homecoming is released. Spidey had positive reception in Civil War, but that was only 30 minutes out of two and a half hours that focused on him; it's very possible that good in small doses is all this Spidey could end up being. The deal with Universal over the Hulk isn't the only reason a new Hulk movie hasn't been made.
  • 15327251_1484581694888855_1294561042917044282_n.jpg?oh=2f6344d781cb7101490fb2813230ff12&oe=58F0FC5B

Love it! :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s what I was thinking. Batman turned bad.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2016 Posts: 28,694
    That s what I was thinking. Batman turned bad.

He already was bad. Unless strapping bombs to people still classifies as serving honorable justice... :-\"

Batman, Birdman, Vulture. Keaton has a real thing for playing flying wing men.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hehe, when I saw you commented I knew what was to come.They might as well let Keaton play Batman in this, or what?
    After Alfred died, Bruce's faith in humanity died with him. Now, he tortures super-powered teenagers with greater powers than his own, morphing from bat to bird to wreak his havoc.
    Well Spiderman homecoming looks alot of fun! :-bd
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Official synopsis for Thor: Ragnarok:

In Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok,” Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok — the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization — at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger — the Incredible Hulk!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    When I look more forward to a new Spidey film than an upcoming Justice League film, then I know something has gone terribly wrong in the universe :(
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Right, some news...

'Infinity War' To Film Throughout Scotland Starting February 28

http://mcuexchange.com/infinity-war-film-throughout-scotland-starting-february-28/

Liv Tyler Rumored To Return In 'Infinity War'

http://mcuexchange.com/liv-tyler-rumored-return-infinity-war/

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It would be nice to see Betty Ross again.
    I miss Coulson.
    Agents of SHIELD. It has good episodes.
    I won't sit through whole seasons of a show just to see him. I just want him to have some importance in the films again, big or small.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I don't watch SHIELD because of Coulson. The ensemble cast is great.
    It's also a typical Joss Whedon show.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Firefly
    Dollhouse

all in my all time favourites TV show section.
    It would be nice to see Betty Ross again.
    I wait for her return too.
    I admire Liv Tyler :\">
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    WHOOOOOOOOOOA!!!! YESSS!!! :D
    Would be great to see Pierce in this genre, potentially could be a huge role for him if its true.
    I would love to see Pierce with all white dyed hair, ready to cause some mayhem.
    That would be cool, my apologies @Brady for being abrupt the other day been overly tired and stressed and stupidly had too many drinks which is never the answer :)
    So can we take this photo as meaning Hugh is actually not done playing Wolverine, and that he'll at least cameo in Deadpool 2?
    Karen Gillan has announced that she will appear in the next Avengers movies.

radiotimes.com/news/2017-01-18/karen-gillan-to-appear-in-next-avengers-film

She's going to be very busy these next two years. Maybe she will need a time machine to catch up with her schedule. Something like this, perhaps :

128382.jpg
    Pierce-Brosnan-Cable-Fan-Art-Boss-Logic.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=700&h=1042&fit=crop

Found this mock up on a movie site
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Pierce-Brosnan-Cable-Fan-Art-Boss-Logic.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=700&h=1042&fit=crop

Found this mock up on a movie site

Brozza on the 'roids would be quite a sight. He can do comedy well, as we know. But can he handle Cable's more no nonsense / violent side? I'm not too sure. Then again, he was pretty nasty in The November Man.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I now really want to hear Pierce say. "The name's Cable...Remember it!" After blowing someone away.
    Looks like Downey and Keaton will steal the show.

How unfortunate. Is that going to be Downey Jr.'s goal? Stealing the thunder from other Marvel solo films? No wonder I'm no longer a fan of Iron Man.
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Looks like Downey and Keaton will steal the show.

How unfortunate. Is that going to be Downey Jr.'s goal? Stealing the thunder from other Marvel solo films? No wonder I'm no longer a fan of Iron Man.

He's the biggest moneymaker for a reason.