Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    They need to get Alan Silvestri back as well. He gave the Avengers a wonderful theme.

He will be. He's scoring the 2 Avengers: Infinity War films.

Music to my ears! \m/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nice to see so much Dr Strange love. Looking forward to it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited November 2016 Posts: 1,257
    Finally finished Luke Cage and it was rough. I had lost interest in the show around episode 8 or so, but just recently forced myself to finish the final episodes.

To be honest, I thought Mike Colter was kinda flat and wooden. I had a hard time really caring about him. I actually liked most of the antagonists more than him. Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth was great and had a strong presence to him, and Theo Rossi as Shades was interesting and oddly likeable.

Aside from the Crispus Attucks scene, I didn't really find the action very good or entertaining either.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't foresee myself re-watching this season like I did with Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and at this point have no interest in a season 2.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Michael Keaton confirmed as The Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming

Though his initial casting came with the note that he may be playing the winged villain, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has confirmed to the Toronto Sun that Academy Award nominee Michael Keaton will play the villain The Vulture in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming. In additional news on the villain, a leaked image of the character’s costume has debuted online, and though we can’t post it here, you can view it by clicking here.

ti19uee.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/784523-michael-keaton-confirmed-as-the-vulture-in-spider-man-homecoming#ls2CaM6DaMQ5lqWK.99
    Angela Bassett Added to the Black Panther Cast as T'Challa's Mother

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/788043-angela-bassett-added-to-the-black-panther-cast#A79VpCCCqrkv8ww5.99[/b]

Yaaaaasssssss! I was hoping she'd be cast. This film's cast is beyond bloody amazing.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 1,257
    It appears Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ has been confirmed for a TV Series on ABC. Seeing it turn into another watered down network TV show has made me lose just about all interest.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five wasn't there originally supposed to be an Inhumans film? It must have either gotten lost in the shuffle of the Infinity Wars or the production of the thing proved to be too tricky to invest in beyond a TV program.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It'll still end up in a limited theatrical run, since it's being produced in partnership with IMAX. The first two episodes will debut in theaters.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Promo art for Thor Ragnarok

Thor-Ragnarok-600x761.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 trailer coming later tonight

15284923_1850149748600617_4833418109080994611_n.jpg?oh=874678134a0908ae9397c095a1859f39&oe=58C4143C
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,691
    Trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy 2

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited December 2016 Posts: 7,854
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Promo art for Thor Ragnarok

Thor-Ragnarok-600x761.jpg

Just so long as the Planet Hulk crap is kept to a minimum. So many people love that story, and I just found it boring and predictable.
    Trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy 2

I am looking forward to this! Was laughing already! :-bd
    This film is going to be HHUUUGGGEEE.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    1st trailer for Spiderman: Homecoming to be released tomorrow.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Excellent.
    In the mean time

Classic underarm webbing!

spideyheader.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice to see vintage Ditko mixed with modern design sensibilities.
    Nice to see Happy come back. It's been awhile, Jon Favreau.
  • Hope the hand held cam is brief, though it worked in that tease.
    Edit
    New Spider-Man Homecoming trailer

• edited December 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Incredible! Even in the two minute clip Tom Holland manages to capture the feel and personality of Peter Parker more than the other two did in 5 movies!
    ALSO MICHAEL KEATON OMG
    international trailer

edited December 2016 Posts: 1,257
    I'm happy with the tone. I've been wary of this film but this trailer put me at ease.
    Keaton as Vulture looks so badass.

tumblr_ohwk0k9krX1r7rm1so6_1280.gif
    It looks alright. Not mad about the stuff around Peter, but at least Tom is good and will be worth seeing. It's just that after so many of these failed films the formula of Spider-Man has been so played out now, and it's hard to get excited about yet another one.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks like Downey and Keaton will steal the show.
    Loving the various easter eggs in the trailer from a mural of Howard Stark in the school hallway

8rXFDHO.jpg

to a picture of Bruce Banner on the classroom wall.

3r9lEqm.jpg
    Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel is already on track for a 2019 release!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/793857-spider-man-homecoming-sequel#XXCTpYfGiWkEoA2w.99