Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    There are rumours that Taiki Waititi could be chosen to direct Deadpool 3. Which would be his 3rd Marvel film, after Thor: Ragnarok and Thor: Love & Thunder.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Him and Ryan have just worked together.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The New Mutants officially receives a PG-13 rating. The film's runtime is also confirmed: 1 hour & 39 minutes.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Christian Bale confirmed to play the main villain in Thor: Love and Thunder.
    Well he does sport a horse face. Beta Ray Bill?
    I quite like that.

Not the first person to say this "you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain".
    I wonder who will be the third Batman to join the MCU, if any. I would bet on George Clooney.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wonder who will be the third Batman to join the MCU, if any. I would bet on George Clooney.

Kilmer, definitely.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,690

ESqzk8c-Wk-AYn-Xcs.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

ESqzk8c-Wk-AYn-Xcs.jpg

Awesome!
    Florence Pugh is awesome! I really hope Marvel give her more to do in the future!

The Guardians of the Galaxy will appear in Thor: Love and Thunder, as confirmed by Vin Diesel.
    The may 1st release of Black Widow has been cancelled because of CoronaVirus :

https://www.newsarama.com/49456-marvel-studios-black-widow-postponed-indefinitely-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic.html
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Gerard wrote: »
    The may 1st release of Black Widow has been cancelled because of CoronaVirus :

https://www.newsarama.com/49456-marvel-studios-black-widow-postponed-indefinitely-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Soul, Wonder Woman 1984 and Top Gun 2 will be the next major releases to be delayed. Tenet is also a safe bet on a delay too. I wouldn't be surprised if we get no tentpole releases this summer.
    Is it possible that Black Widow takes the Eternals release date?
    It looks like Avengers: Endgame’s crown as the biggest film of all time may be short lived. China is rereleasing both Endgame and Avatar once cinemas reopen.
    New MCU release dates:

Black Widow- November 6th, 2020
    Eternals - February 12, 2021
    Shang-Chi - May 7, 2021
    Doctor Strange 2 - November 5, 2021
    Thor: Love and Thunder - February 18, 2022
    Black Panther 2 - May 8, 2022
    Captain Marvel 2 - July 8, 2022
    But no date for The New Mutants. I smell a DTV coming soon.
    New MCU release dates:

Shang-Chi - May 7, 2021

Very much looking forward to Black Widow. Reservedly curious about Doctor Strange 2 and perhaps the new Thor. The rest doesn t arouse any interest.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Ant-Man 3 finds its scriptwriter: Jeff Loveness (Rick & Morty).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ant-man-3-finds-writer-rick-morty-scribe-1288461
    Ant-Man 3 finds its scriptwriter: Jeff Loveness (Rick & Morty).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ant-man-3-finds-writer-rick-morty-scribe-1288461

This is a must-see. Love Ant-Man!
    New MCU release dates:

Shang-Chi - May 7, 2021

I wonder if the latter 3 films on this list will be pushed back again seeing as it will be touch and go whether they will have thankfully found and created a vaccine for Covid 19 at that point?
    Sam Raimi is officially confirmed as the director for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    Sam Raimi is officially confirmed as the director for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    I can't wait for the announcement that Raimi has left the film due to "creative differences"!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Kevin Feige worked with Sam Raimi on the Spiderman Trilogy hopefully there won't be issues, as a big fan of Raimi throughout his career very happy with this news, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. could be the best MCU yet
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Kevin Feige worked with Sam Raimi on the Spiderman Trilogy hopefully there won't be issues, as a big fan of Raimi throughout his career very happy with this news, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. could be the best MCU yet

That and Thor 4 are the 2 films I am the most excited for in the MCU's upcoming phase 4.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

That and Thor 4 are the 2 films I am the most excited for in the MCU's upcoming phase 4.

As long as fat Thor is nowhere to be seen, Bale is likely to force Hemsworth into giving his best acting performance that's for sure.

As long as fat Thor is nowhere to be seen, Bale is likely to force Hemsworth into giving his best acting performance that's for sure.
    My only concern with Thor 4 is the Guardians of the Galaxy. I heard Taika Waititi said he thinks fat Thor has run it's course, so it might just be a 2 minute gag in the film. I love Fat Thor, but I would hate for them to keep on milking it. Thor 4 is by far my most anticipated phase 4 film, as I love Ragnarok.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 23,325
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »

My only concern with Thor 4 is the Guardians of the Galaxy. I heard Taika Waititi said he thinks fat Thor has run it's course, so it might just be a 2 minute gag in the film. I love Fat Thor, but I would hate for them to keep on milking it. Thor 4 is by far my most anticipated phase 4 film, as I love Ragnarok.

Fat Thor was initially funny though I felt the joke got tired later on in Endgame, if Thor had got back to his normal self he could have basically done what Captain Marvel did and would have made her character redundant in the final battle. I think Thor and Hulk were weakened for the finale and sidelined to a degree to shoehorn Captain Marvel into the film she never belonged in.