Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Marvel movies are so homogeneous that it truly doesn't matter who directs them. They have 'a house style' and it's dictated from the top down. I mean it made zero difference who directed any of Marvel's films last year.

The Russo's seemingly have a style - but that style is still very much in the Marvel mould. I don't know who they are as filmmakers outside of that mould. Time will tell.

Derrickson is not a filmaker who made any impression with the first Doctor Strange. It makes zero difference who films this.

Only really have Joss Whedon, James Gunn and Taika Waititi have been able to do their own thing within the confides of the genre.

Also, I can't believe Taika got away with calling a film 'Love and Thunder'.....he basically might as well call it 'Thor is having a lot of sex'.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,690
    First trailer for Morbius confirmed to arrive today at 5pm UK time (in just over 7 hours from now).
  • Yeah, I think Marvel would be willing to do genre experiments on smaller projects (Logan definitely caught some peoples' attention, as did Deadpool). New Mutants seems to be aiming for a 'horror-ish' tone. But on main billion-dollar tentpoles, I assume they're going to stick to the same general family-friendly tone of bloodless action and totally asexual light comedy.

When you're cooking dinner at an 8-table gourmet restaurant, you really experiment. But when you're cooking for 600 people an hour . . . you throw subtlety and experimentation out the window.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Actually looks half-decent.

I still don't know what to make of this … at all like legit no clue.. I might check it out though
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I only became interested in the Morbius trailer when
    Vulture
    appeared.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Vulture
    appeared.

I know what you mean.
    Vulture
    appeared.

I didn’t see him but I saw
    Batman

And I want him to have a solo film ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Vulture
    appeared.

I didn’t see him but I saw
    Batman

And I want him to have a solo film ;)

This never gets old...
    ncqMC7A.jpg
    Actually I spent a portion of tonight
    Watching fan made Batman trailers with Keaton as Batman
    Black Widow 'special look' trailer:

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    So is this Morbius movie part of the MCU?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    NicNac wrote: »
    So is this Morbius movie part of the MCU?

It's complicated. It seems with the deal to keep Spidey in the MCU, the Tom Holland movies exist in two universes. This probably won't have any dialogue references to anything MCU, but MCU characters introduced in the Tom Holland Spidey movies are likely fair game.
    Not really sure what to make of Morbius?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

It looks better than I've been expecting, but I don't really feel any real desire to see it.

It looks better than I've been expecting, but I don't really feel any real desire to see it.

I was thinking is this some sort of Blade type character?

Not at all. Blade is the vampire hunter archetype, while Morbius is the reluctant vampire archetype. Blade appreciates the powers that come with his condition (another tool in his arsenal) while Morbius wants nothing more than to be rid of it.
    Gerard wrote: »

Not at all. Blade is the vampire hunter archetype, while Morbius is the reluctant vampire archetype. Blade appreciates the powers that come with his condition (another tool in his arsenal) while Morbius wants nothing more than to be rid of it.

Thanks for clearing that up, still not sure what to make of it though?
    Filming on the 3rd MCU Spider-Man installment will start in July 2020. Filming locations include Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Iceland. It is due to release on the big screen on July 16, 2021.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Filming on the 3rd MCU Spider-Man installment will start in July 2020. Filming locations include Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Iceland. It is due to release on the big screen on July 16, 2021.

Good, the last one ended on a severe cliffhanger.
    Captain Marvel 2 is officially in development. A script is being written by Megan McDonnell (also working on Marvel's WandaVision), while a female director is being searched to helm the project. Marvel aims to release this film in 2022, alongside Black Panther 2.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/captain-marvel-sequel-officially-in-development-at-disneys-marvel-studios-1202838665/
    First Chinese promo poster for Marvel's Eternals:

e-Onh1h-DEp-KDs-G-Kv-Ap9-3-R2-Px-CH0mqx4-YRD4-WPcl-RD8.jpg
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,690

Sam Raimi in talks to direct Doctor Strange 2.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-2-sam-raimi-1203475309/
  • I want this to happen, which means it probably won't. Hopefully Marvel give him enough creative control but we all know that won't happen.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    To be honest @2Wint2Kidd, if Variety are reporting he's in talks, that usually means he's a pretty much done deal so you can be even more excited :)
  • @Denbigh I'm referring to the fact that, like Derrickson, he'll drop out due to "creative differences".
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    @Denbigh I'm referring to the fact that, like Derrickson, he'll drop out due to "creative differences".
    Oh I see lol
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,690
    There are rumours that Taiki Waititi could be chosen to direct Deadpool 3. Which would be his 3rd Marvel film, after Thor: Ragnarok and Thor: Love and Thunder.