Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SHREK_Hero-Image_1920x1320.jpg?w=640&h=640&fit=crop&crop=focalpoint&fp-x=1&fp-z=1.25
    Look out, Venom!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Cinematographer Bill Pope (The Matrix, Baby Driver, Scott Pilgrim) joins Marvel's Shang-Chi.

https://hnentertainment.co/shang-chi-director-officially-confirms-the-matrix-cinematographer-bill-pope-for-the-marvel-movie/
    SHREK_Hero-Image_1920x1320.jpg?w=640&h=640&fit=crop&crop=focalpoint&fp-x=1&fp-z=1.25
    Look out, Venom!

Not the same :

267065-193342-shriek.jpg

But look out nonetheless.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Great! One of my favs.
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 2 confirmed, coming April 8, 2022.

https://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-sequel-spring-2022/

Really pleased about this announcement! I really do enjoy the Antman films.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,422
    Good news! I was afraid that Antman would be shuffled off into a Disney+ series. Though I'd prefer a different director to Reed, if I'm honest. Antman 3 and Black Panther 2 in 2022 maybe?
    Good news about Ant Man 3! Can´t wait for Michael Pena and the crew!

Spiderverse 2 has my curiosity. I got quickly fed up with the coming-of-age everyone-can-be-a-hero thing, but visually the film was no doubt compelling.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Spiderverse 2 has my curiosity. I got quickly fed up with the coming-of-age everyone-can-be-a-hero thing, but visually the film was no doubt compelling.

What do you think of Reed directing again, @boldfinger?
  • I'm glad Ant-Man is getting his trilogy. The first is one of my favourite Marvel films and is hugely under appreciated. I'm surprised they didn't announce it would be alongside Wasp.

However I'm more interested in Spiderverse 2. The first film is one of my favourite superhero movies and was so fresh and unique. Can't wait to see what they do! Maybe include all three live-action Spider-Man?
    royale65 wrote: »
    Good news! I was afraid that Antman would be shuffled off into a Disney+ series. Though I'd prefer a different director to Reed, if I'm honest. Antman 3 and Black Panther 2 in 2022 maybe?

Possibly Guardians of the Galaxy 3 as well, depending on when James Gunn finishes working on The Suicide Squad. I could also see that one releasing in 2023, and Blade (with Mahershala Ali) being the 3rd MCU film in 2022. But that year is looking packed already, with Black Panther 2, Spider-Verse 2 and Aquaman 2.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 5,767

@royale65, theoretically a tiny bit ambivalent, because I found the second a bit too routine. But actually I feel quite positive. Reed seems quite enthusiastic about comics and seems to know his stuff. I like his way with actors. I think the problem with the second film was the overall concept was too much by the numbers. If they can avoid that, I see no problem with Reed. Why would you like someone different?

Reed did great both times imo. Glad they keep him.
  • RogueAgent wrote: »

Really pleased about this announcement! I really do enjoy the Antman films.

Sweet! :) I'm big fan of Dr. Hank Pym played by Michael Dogulas.
    I liked Ant-Man and Wasp team-up and it'll be nice to see more adventures of them.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Yeah, count me in as another one who's happy for some more Ant-Man!

@royale65, theoretically a tiny bit ambivalent, because I found the second a bit too routine. But actually I feel quite positive. Reed seems quite enthusiastic about comics and seems to know his stuff. I like his way with actors. I think the problem with the second film was the overall concept was too much by the numbers. If they can avoid that, I see no problem with Reed. Why would you like someone different?

Sorry for the delay in responding @boldfinger. I thought the first AM film owed its success to Edgar Wright, for the most part. You can feel his fingerprints all over the final product. The films inclusion of the heist elements, not to mention the humour, went some way to counter the Marvel formula, which at this point in the MCU, was looking a little tired.

Come the sequel, the film feels very... routine, as you said. Reed is a solid director for sure, but one can't but wondering if a more visionary director is needed. When the MCU hires directors to put their own personal stamp on the movie, - the Russo brothers, Coogler, Gunn, Waititi and John Hughes, I mean Jon Watts - it's often for the best.

But hell, I enjoyed the heck out both Antman films. Perhaps Reed is just the man for the job, allowing the amazing visuals and its charming cast to take centre stage.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    As long as we get to see Evangeline Lilly in that leather Wasp outfit again, then I'm in.
    The special-effects supervisor of Doctor Strange and Thor is joining Venom 2.

https://hnentertainment.co/ghostbusters-2020-vfx-supervisor-sheena-duggal-confirmed-for-tom-hardys-venom-2/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    As long as we get to see Evangeline Lilly in that leather Wasp outfit again, then I'm in.

Amen to that, brother!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »

Amen to that, brother!

Heck yes!!! :x
    Venom 2 has started filming.
    Venom 2 has started filming.

Cool, I really enjoyed the first one.
    Disney increases the MCU release frequency by confirming 4 films per year, starting in 2021:

May 1, 2020: Black Widow
    November 6, 2020: The Eternals
    February 12, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    July 26, 2021: Spider-Man 3
    November 5, 2021: Thor: Love and Thunder
    February 8, 2022 (Ant Man 3?)
    May 6, 2022: Black Panther 2
    July 29, 2022 (Fantastic 4?)
    October 7, 2022 (Blade?)
    February 17, 2023 (Deadpool 3?)
    May 5, 2023 (Guardians of the Galaxy 3?)
    July 28, 2023 (Captain Marvel 2?)
    November 3, 2023 (Young Avengers?)

2021 could be one of the biggest years yet in terms of superhero movies, as DC also have 3 films coming out (Black Adam, The Batman, The Suicide Squad).
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Disney increases the MCU release frequency by confirming 4 films per year, starting in 2021:

October 7, 2022 (Blade?)

2021 could be one of the biggest years yet in terms of superhero movies, as DC also have 3 films coming out (Black Adam, The Batman, The Suicide Squad).

2bc4c4eb-08ae-4dfa-9e95-69c77e86e785_text_hi.gif
  • Disney increases the MCU release frequency by confirming 4 films per year, starting in 2021:

October 7, 2022 (Blade?)

I love the MCU, but this could be the beginning of the end. I feel their projects aren't as strong, and we could quite easily be over saturated with movies. 4 films a year is a bit egregious. But you never know, Kevin Feige always finds a way.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Got a bit of a pessimistic prediction to make here... but I think Marvel movies are really due a slump. Don't know where it's coming from, but it's just a feeling I get.
    About half of those are interesting, the rest are not.