The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

71ZFYLzrSoL._SX342_.jpg
    Brazil, i think was the last movie I bought and that was sometime last year. I don't buy movie so often these days.

Movies that I haven't bought;

Ghostbusters 2016
    Batman v Superman
    Suicide Squad
    Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (and I have all the previous movies)
    Rogue One

I mostly wait a lot of them when they're on the telly, or stream them from netflix. Don't see me getting any of the dc/marvel movies. MI RN and Rogue One I might buy. Rogue One probably next week, even though I was pretty bored with it the last time I saw it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SharkBait, you should definitely look into picking up 'Rogue Nation,' especially if it's on blu-ray. Gorgeous visuals.
    Yeah, it was on the telly a couple of days ago, but I was tired. So after 20 minutes , I switched off and chose sleep over watching it half asleep. Now, I pretty much have to buy it, because I haven't found it from the two streaming apps I use (netflix and viaplay)
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    51RNBNvTNzL.jpg

11276028-5434403181932184.jpg

I just bought these two films I already have them on HD download, though I have all the other Marvel films on Bluray Disk. I am a bit of a completionist when it comes to movies, plus the gap to Doctor Strange disk was bugging me ;)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    71ZFYLzrSoL._SX342_.jpg

Such a great sci-fi film. Not too many people are even aware of this movies existence.
    71ZFYLzrSoL._SX342_.jpg

Such a great sci-fi film. Not too many people are even aware of this movies existence.

Just arrived from Amazon an hour ago, I have it on dvd though never seen it in HD. I really like the film it fits the Alien/Event Horizon mould, It is a very good film by Danny Boyle.
    Pre-ordered 'The Young Pope: The Complete First Season' on blu-ray. It's out across the pond, apparently, but won't hit the States until early June.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    71ZFYLzrSoL._SX342_.jpg

That's an awesome film. Gut wrenching until the end. Good space movies are rare.
    What are the best space movies?
  • 71ZFYLzrSoL._SX342_.jpg

That's an awesome film. Gut wrenching until the end. Good space movies are rare.

Alien
    Star Wars Trilogy
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Interstellar
    Starship Troopers
    Contact
    Solyaris
    Gravity
    Galaxy Quest
    71ZFYLzrSoL._SX342_.jpg

I would add...

Star Trek
    Space Seed
    Black Hole
    Event Horizon
    Life Force
    Forbidden Planet
    71ZFYLzrSoL._SX342_.jpg

To copy some of what others have said, plus adding my own...

Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Interstellar
    Gravity
    Apollo 13
    Alien(s)
    Galaxy Quest
    Starship Troopers
    The Martian
    Stargate
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Serenity
    The Fifth Element
    Total Recall (1990) (I like the remake more but they don't go into space in that one)
    Titian A.E. (it's animated but it's good)

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Don t forget
    FLASH GORDON S TRIP TO MARS from 1938. Fantastic stuff.
    8472027002_a745ea2c99.jpg
    Smokey and the Bandit - 40th Anniversary Edition
    d0dcb3a8-edcc-4499-948e-87db0a09cc85_1.3c2b68597c669eef4ee34ba6c4f430e0.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I haven't seen this one since I was a teenager and I couldn't resist buying it when I saw it in the store yesterday. I may have to watch it tonight.

The Mummy Trilogy
    173471_front.jpg

I tried to find an edition that came with The Scorpion King but I couldn't. So this will have to do. I love the first two films, Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is way too family friendly for this franchise but it's still a fun adventure film. I would've much rather had The Scorpion King in it's place.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It is bad if you have seen the original.
    Which I have...

Which do you prefer?

Of the three versions, I vastly prefer the original from the 50s, and I think even the 70s remake is better than the Craig film.
    I actually prefer the 70's remake with Donald Sutherland Dr,but no doubt this one is the worst of the 3 versions.

But my partner likes Nicole Kidman and it has DC in it ,and last time I watched it I found it entertaining enough .

And for £2+ you cant go wrong,cheaper than a sandwich he he ...
    It is bad if you have seen the original.
    Which I have...

Which do you prefer?

Of the three versions, I vastly prefer the original from the 50s, and I think even the 70s remake is better than the Craig film.
    I actually prefer the 70's remake with Donald Sutherland Dr,but no doubt this one is the worst of the 3 versions.

But my partner likes Nicole Kidman and it has DC in it ,and last time I watched it I found it entertaining enough .

And for £2+ you cant go wrong,cheaper than a sandwich he he ...

I thought The Invasion was pretty good, even if the ending was a complete cop out.

There was a third Bodysnatchers movie made in the early nineties, directed by Abel Ferrara and starring Gabrielle Anwar, called Bodysnatchers. Its a pretty good low budget shocker with some really effective moments. It runs out of steam towards the end but is very effective for the most part.
    Found Monty Python : The Meaning of Life for 10 € at the local (Paris) WH Smith. So of course, I had to buy it.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The Card Player - Arrow Video DVD - Dario Argento film with Liam Cunningham. Can't remember the last time I bought a DVD, but this one doesn't seem to have an Arrow BD release…and it was cheap!
    Retaliation - Arrow Video Dual Format - Japanese Yakuza thriller.
    Spider Baby
    Island of Death
    Night of the Comet
    - All Arrow Video dual format. HMV had a 3 for £20 or 5 for £30 promotion.
    I have 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' arriving on blu-ray tomorrow. These movies are so stupidly entertaining to me. Can't wait for a marathon of them all, finally.

@Lancaster007, I haven't seen it in years, but I loved 'Night of the Comet.'
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    These movies are so stupidly entertaining to me. Can't wait for a marathon of them all, finally.

My thoughts exactly. I'll have to pick 'em all up some day.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I haven't seen it in years, but I loved 'Night of the Comet.'

One of my favorites. I love everything about that movie, and I didn't even discover it until a year or two ago. One of those cases where you feel like you've seen every movie that's already been made that you're ever going to truly love and then the universe rewrites its own history for you and suddenly there's this zombie apocalypse gem from 1984 you've never heard of before dropped right in your lap, and you can only tear up and mouth, Thank you, universe.
    I have 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' arriving on blu-ray tomorrow. These movies are so stupidly entertaining to me. Can't wait for a marathon of them all, finally.

I've never seen it, don't know what to expect really. Just waiting for my new BD player to arrive…

Still watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse hoping to finish the current films just before the UK release of part six, Jill Valentine is stalling me on part 2 I am getting halfway through the film only to rewatch it half the way through.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,437
    3 May 2017:
    Soundtrack CD's:
    Munich (2005) composed by John Williams € 5,00.
    Ronin (1998) composed by Elia Cmiral € 4,00.

Today (23 May 2017), all on Bluray (NEW):

Ex Machina (2014) € 7,14.
    Ant-Man (2015) - 2 disc 3D release. € 7,14.
    War Dogs (2016) with sleeve. € 6,78.
    Road to Perdition (2002) € 6,11.
    Mulholland Drive (2001) € 6,11.
    These movies are so stupidly entertaining to me. Can't wait for a marathon of them all, finally.

My thoughts exactly. I'll have to pick 'em all up some day.
    I haven't seen it in years, but I loved 'Night of the Comet.'

One of my favorites. I love everything about that movie, and I didn't even discover it until a year or two ago. One of those cases where you feel like you've seen every movie that's already been made that you're ever going to truly love and then the universe rewrites its own history for you and suddenly there's this zombie apocalypse gem from 1984 you've never heard of before dropped right in your lap, and you can only tear up and mouth, Thank you, universe.

I actually saw it when I was much younger, one of those movies I caught on TV once, enjoyed, and forgot about over the years. Stumbled upon it again much later on and it was so nostalgic to return to, I loved it.
    Logan
    81AQG8qncDL._SX342_.jpg

So excited to finally have this on blu-ray! I'm even more excited that it comes with the Logan Noir version too, as I haven't seen that one yet.

4 Film Favorites: Gritty Thrillers - Unknown, Edge of Darkness, Seven, Training Day
    P15885733.jpg

When I picked up Logan I saw this and couldn't resist buying it. Edge of Darkness, Seven, and Training day are all great movies. I've only seen Unknown once and thought it was meh and forgettable but I'll give it a second go now that I own it.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    139778_large.jpg

Australian release though plays in the UK, the transfer is said to be excellent.

171231_front.jpg

c9jhiu-xuaav9nd-jpg.305656

Pre ordered this boxset could not resist, early birthday present to self, the individual box artwork I like.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Yesterday (31 May 2017):

4 for € 10,00.

BD/DVD: Date Night (2010) (NEW) Only Extented Cut of the movie on both. Also no Audiocommentary.
    BD: The Way Back (2010)
    BD: Contagion (2011)
    BD: Horrible Bosses (2011) With Cinema and Extented Edition.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It's incredible I don't see a skeleton on that JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS cover.
    111064_front.jpg

516bSzBdcEL.jpg

I already have two versions of Predator on BD though made sense to buy the trilogy at a very low £6
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited June 2017 Posts: 17,687
    5180o6csInL._SY300_.jpg
    I needed Firefox in BD...