The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Man, I haven t seen Roger Rabbitt in ages. Would love to get hold of that.
    Man, I haven t seen Roger Rabbitt in ages. Would love to get hold of that.

One great movie there. I bought it a few years ago. Zemeckis is a Top 10 director for me, and that's one of my favorites from him.

Agents of Shield Season 3 HD download missed it when it aired.

10771391-1365681627-378632.jpg

6009700319164_350_456.jpg

91JeMIPVNIL._SY445_.jpg
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,469
    Gerard wrote: »
    Monty Python : Holy Grail !
    I should probably watch that again soon! One of the best comedies of all time in my book.

--Thunderball (currently watching this)
    --The Spy Who Loved Me
    --Moonraker
    --The Man With The Golden Gun
    and
    --Sean Connery 007 Collection Volume 1

Thanks partly to you chaps, I'm filling out/updating my collection--I was making do with the video versions of a few of these. Especially looking forward to finally seeing the widescreen versions of Dr. No and Goldfinger!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    wiaomOOiwtua10JZjzN2tvLUzg2oDjVorFhYFut_eXYE8W4L1X4WIUNPeyiW5J1kFoshq_EZN4yltjeTA-ASfJtrqTY3feFV3jlEmfyzKnFeBxhK3xdaJUxfozkbRQze2g=w426-h607-p
    11254549-1794389452091447.jpg
    518YR3N48JL.jpg
    51%2BWjxvuo6L.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2016 Posts: 17,698
    The Quick And The Dead (Rami) Blu ray. I started watching my DVD today, and... ughhh.
    NSNA (1983) on blu-ray
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    NSNA (1983) on blu-ray

Did that run you more than you wanted to pay, or did you get a nice deal on it?
    79 kr which is about 9 dollars. Cheapest i've seen it, so why not. Only had it on VHS.
    Also I bought some more blu-rays today.

Gone with the wind (1939)
    Goodfellas (1990)
    Full Metal Jacket (1987)
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
    Also I bought some more blu-rays today.

Gone with the wind (1939)
    Goodfellas (1990)
    Full Metal Jacket (1987)
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

That's one heck of a selection.
    BD
    Kiss kiss bang bang
    The transporter reloaded
    Doctor Who: Spearhead From Space
    Godzilla (2014)
    Mesrine Public enemy nr 1 (part une et deux)
    Point Blank
    MI5 Spooks the movie
    @SaintMark, ever seen the 'Mesrine' films, or was that a blind buy? I've wanted to watch them for years; the trailers looked great, and Cassel is terrific in everything I see him in.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 I've seen both Mesrine films. 2 of the most badass crime/gangster films of the 21st century. Cassel is a pure legend in this, plus some famous alumnis like Mathieu Amalric and Gerard Depardieu!
    I'm a fan of both of them, so I'll give those a shot at some point soon, I believe. Aside from 'Munich' and QoS, one of my favorite films of Amalric's is 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.'
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @SaintMark, ever seen the 'Mesrine' films, or was that a blind buy? I've wanted to watch them for years; the trailers looked great, and Cassel is terrific in everything I see him in.

I saw a part of one of the movies and they really struck me, so now I got both parts in one buy, and they have Vincent Cassel in them. Win win situation I would say. And with a paid 3 week holiday coming up in my place in the Ardennes and no cable television hook -up only a Bluray player and a tv I am going to enjoy some classics.
    Sounds like you're set for a fun three week holiday, then!
    Prime day in UK...

Purchased for £3.99 each HD downloads of...

The Revenant
    Big Trouble in little China
    Gone Girl
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - blu-ray
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - blu-ray, not sure about this one, it was fairly cheap so lets hope it's not too much of a turkey!
    Ordered Empire of the Sun and Repulsion.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    On The Busses: The Complete Series
    On The Busses: Movie Collection
    Septembers Of Shiraz
    I stopped in Best Buy on Tuesday to get the Steelbook of Batman V Superman and Return of the Living Dead Collectors Edition (both released the same day). I was a little disappointed to find that ROTLD wasn't sold at Best Buy! Oh well, Amazon it is!

On a separate note I watched a good 20 minutes of BvS before I realized it was the theatrical one! I didn't expect them to pack the Extended Edition in the back!

LQGZub.gif

And there I was wondering why I wasn't seeing anything new! :))

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Had a watch of a few 70-'s disaster type movies recently.

Airport
    Airport '75
    Earthquake
    Rollercoaster

Continuing with the 70's theme, I've also watched The Omega Man and Soylent Green. Good stuff.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited July 2016 Posts: 1,874
    Recently re-watched The Omega Man, and would love a copy of Soylent Green on blu, though my DVD is quite good enough for now. Back when Sci-Fi was for gown-ups, i.e. BSW.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 11,119
    I bought 'Michiel De Ruyter' (English title: 'Admiral'):

It's a movie about the great Dutch admiral Michiel De Ruyter. The Admiral is the most famous and one of the most skilled admirals in Dutch history, most famous for his role in the Anglo-Dutch Wars of the 17th century. He fought the English and French and scored several major victories against them, the best known probably being the Raid on the Medway and the capture of the HMS Royal Charles, the then flagship of the British navy. The pious De Ruyter was very much loved by his sailors and soldiers; from them his most significant nickname derived: Bestevaêr
    home.jpg

Here's a painting of the HMS Royal Charles being welcomed in the Dutch port, English flags being replaced by Dutch flags:
    1024px-Jeronymus_van_Diest_%28II%29_-_Het_opbrengen_van_het_Engelse_admiraalschip_de_%27Royal_Charles%27.jpg

You can still visit his grave at the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam. Back
    800px-Michielderuytercoffin.jpg

I can highly recommend the film. It gives you a different view on certain British history that most of the time we forget (You know, Brittannia did not always rule the waves ;-)). The British King Charles II is played by the wonderful British actor Charles Dance. And Rutger Hauer has a role too. Here is the poster of the film:
    admiral-poster.jpg
    ci-admiral.jpg
    admiral.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks good. Never heard of this Granddaddy, but would be interested to see it.
    Pre-ordered the first season of 'Narcos' on blu-ray, and also pre-ordered the upcoming Collector's Edition of Carpenter's 'The Thing.' Tons of new features and lots of previously unseen footage? Say no more.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,470
    Yesterday (23 July 2016):

Soundtrack scores:

Alan Silvestri - The Mummy Returns (2001)
    James Newton Howard - Defiance (2008)
    Tom Holkenborg (Aka Junkie XL) Deadpool (2016)

BD: Changeling (2008)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    The-Reader-2008-Dutch-Front-Cover-16142.jpg
    DVD: The Reader (2008) - 2 disc SE with Sleeve.
    Ordered A Bug's Life online. Picked up Citizen Kane on Blu-Ray and Double Indemnity on DVD at Barnes and Noble. Kane is one of my favorites so I now have Blu Ray and DVD. Double Indemnity is actually a blind buy but I have high expectations.