The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

I found this extended edition of the first movie for 7 euros so I decided I would be a thief of my own wallet if I left it lying for that price. And I already have the LOTR extended versions. They fit well with the various book versions I have of the Tolkien books.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432
    barryt007 wrote: »
    5010152.jpg

Same here...SKY have downloaded it today,the DVD will arrive upon official release.I haven't seen it yet so im looking forward to giving it a go,soon.

I saw the Sky store deal though ended up getting it on Amazon instant video, watching it at work now again on my tablet. Pre ordered the Bluray, I tend to waste money buying things more than once. ;))
    Dr No on HD download and so it begins... I have the BD 50 box set though I want the set on all my devices. One film a month is what I have allowed, subject to change ;))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    1 September 2015 - BLURAY 250:

Home (2015) - 2 disc 3D release with sleeve (3D + 2D)

home_3d.jpg
    ^Really underrated movie actually. I really liked it
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am still wishing for a third Hellboy movie.
    Right...im about to watch Captain America:Civil War,for the first time...i hope its good,as the first 2 Avengers films are..im confident it will be...
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-1vvpecQ5z_te7j39MQ6NgzcRRQrMZnOgeeRXDTwMeBTBI-OLkA

Interesting take on the Book of Revelations, I love this movie,

819pflazxol-_sl1500_.jpg

Awesome movie and awesome soundtrack.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I am still wishing for a third Hellboy movie.

Me too thankfully it's something Del Too wants, last I heard the issue was the budget. The studio will not front the money Del Toro wants, unfortunately the first two films were not huge box office though I love the films.

Red Sonja, Everything or Nothing and Rogue nation on Bd.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    On Blu Ray:

The Jungle Book (2016)
    Green Room (2016)
    Eddie The Eagle (2016)
    Criminal (2016)
    Have the Criterion Edition of Blood Simple pre-ordered.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 40,528
    @FoxRox, that's one of the only Coen films I've yet to see, unfortunately.

Wanted to upgrade, so I picked up the blu-ray versions of Jackie Chan's 'First Strike' and 'Rumble in the Bronx.' Looking forward to watching this legend kick some more ass in HD quality.

EDIT: Also snagged 'The Revenant' on blu-ray online tonight.
    BD
    Red river
    Sicario
    The Seven-Ups
    Ninja Assassin
    El Cid
    The Killing fields
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    CIVIL WAR steelbook

Best movie of the year.
    CIVIL WAR steelbook

Best movie of the year.

Are you looking forward to Dr Strange, J-Asian?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    CIVIL WAR steelbook

Best movie of the year.

Are you looking forward to Dr Strange, J-Asian?

Dr Strange might indeed be better than Civil War. We'll see.
    Well, X-Men : Apocalypse was out today, so of course, I bought it this morning. Now to find the time to watch it.
  • Gerard wrote: »
    Well, X-Men : Apocalypse was out today, so of course, I bought it this morning. Now to find the time to watch it.

Forgot about that film will see if it's available in UK, there are aspects of the film I liked.

I will keep an eye out for that one. So many great scenes.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 2,107
    *delete this*

• edited September 2016 Posts: 2,107
    BladeRunner-01.jpg

The_Wild_Geese_(1978_film)_poster.jpg
    Ordered The Sting (1973). Second watch really did wonders, to the point where I want it in my collection. Very funny and clever film! My copy of Blood Simple (1984) should be coming in today.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    mm00226220.jpg?width=450
    01-249399.jpg
    101-3116_PI_66650MN?wid=493&ht=538
    11276026-1804403181841239.jpg
    edited September 2016 Posts: 40,528
    Getting ready for my favorite holiday: Halloween. Going to try and watch as many horror movies I can, and I had to pick these up on blu-ray:

'The Wailing' (2016)
    'IT'
    'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'
    'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2' Collector's Edition

I also had to get 'The Ip Man Trilogy' on blu-ray, can't beat $14.99 for that.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Getting ready for my favorite holiday: Halloween. Going to try and watch as many horror movies I can, and I had to pick these up on blu-ray:

'The Wailing' (2016)
    'IT'
    'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'
    'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2' Collector's Edition

I also had to get 'The Ip Man Trilogy' on blu-ray, can't beat $14.99 for that.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for Chainsaw 2, but I think its one of the the most underrated horror films ever made.

An insane film with tons of action in it. The second half is ALL climax!

Sterling work from Caroline Williams as the DJ Stretch and Bill Mosely makes a memorable lunatic as 'Chop-Top'

Never forget that first image of Leatherface with the dead Hitchhiker strapped to his body!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    On Blu Ray:

Money Monster (2016)
    The Nice Guys (2016)
    @LeonardPine, agreed! That movie is batshit insanity, and I always have a lot of fun with it. I still get chills with the radio station closet scene, when she flicks on the light and the chainsaw immediately kicks on as he runs after her.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @LeonardPine, agreed! That movie is batshit insanity, and I always have a lot of fun with it. I still get chills with the radio station closet scene, when she flicks on the light and the chainsaw immediately kicks on as he runs after her.

Agreed @Creasy47

One of the best jump-scares ever! Gets me every time even though I know its coming!

By the way, what did you think of the 2003 Chainsaw remake?