The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    ANATOMY OF A MURDER

one of the classics that has escaped me up to now, luckily there is a remastered HD version of it on iTunes, so I just bought it. Downloading as we speak.
    That's a movie that should be shown in every law class. I loved the speech James Stewart gives the accused at the beginning.
    ANATOMY OF A MURDER

one of the classics that has escaped me up to now, luckily there is a remastered HD version of it on iTunes, so I just bought it. Downloading as we speak.

Great film.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I believe so. Can't believe it's a movie I've not seen........fully anyway.

Which version is it...? There are a few!

Sorry for delay. It's the Directors Cut.

• edited October 2016 Posts: 1,009
    Some animation classics: Pinocchio and Fantasia (both from 1940), and two real-image classics, The Wizard Of Oz (1940) and The Departed (2006).

Pending for Black Friday: Captain America: Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse
    Waiting for it to be released some day: John Landis' Into The Night.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Haven t seen the Landis film, but the rest are all smashing.
    Into The Night! God, theres a blast from the past. If i recall., its pretty rubbish. Landis has a cameo in it playing one of 3 bumbling henchmen, and of course he has his leading lady doing a nude scene! Landis was very good at getting his leading ladies naked (Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places, Jenny Agutter in An American Werewolf in London!)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Into The Night! God, theres a blast from the past. If i recall., its pretty rubbish. Landis has a cameo in it playing one of 3 bumbling henchmen, and of course he has his leading lady doing a nude scene! Landis was very good at getting his leading ladies naked (Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places, Jenny Agutter in An American Werewolf in London!)

Doesn't Bowie play a hitman or something in that film?

Well, to be fair, Ms; Agutter had already been more than generous with her anatomy before. Remember "Logan's Run" or "Equus" ?
    Equus was a film I never wanted to see and still don t, but can t remember why?
    BD -
    Wild geese - a great non Bond Moore flic.
    The Fury - Brian de Palma classic.
  • You'll have to let me know how Wild Geese looks on bluray.
    I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading from DVD. I should just get it anyway, I love it so much!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If I were to watch three films back to back, it'd be:
    The Wild Geese
    Sea Wolves
    Ffolkes
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

love Into The Night!!!

Would love to see it on Bluray.

Some really good performances and cameos in that film!

Michelle Pfieffer looks stunning in it!

Landis has a very mixed bag in his canon! I think An American Werewolf in London is his best. Must get that out and view it what with Halloween coming up!
    Hard to imagine John Landis was once seriously considered for Directing Bond! An odd choice I would have thought!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Landis has a very mixed bag in his canon! I think An American Werewolf in London is his best. Must get that out and view it what with Halloween coming up!
    Hard to imagine John Landis was once seriously considered for Directing Bond! An odd choice I would have thought!

Definitely not a Bond director!

American Werewolf is definitely his best film. One of my favourite horror films. One of the first videos I rented when I got a Sanyo Betamax way back in 1982....!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 the PopArt Steelbook Edition.

The positive surprise of this year.
    You'll have to let me know how Wild Geese looks on bluray.
    I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading from DVD. I should just get it anyway, I love it so much!

I will be watching this weekend I will let you know.

The Wild Geese is a firm favourite with me! I was going to purchase the blu-ray, but some of the reviews said it didn't improve much! Wild Geese 2 was on telly the other night. Bloody awful! And it was directed by Peter Hunt!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The primary mistake of Wild Geese II was not casting Lewis Collins in the lead role.

love Into The Night!!!

I think it's the most underrated film of Landis' career. Actually, it's been out on BD in France for several months, but I find it a bit expensive, and without English or Spanish subtitles to help me catch every line...

Was it Landis who created the triplet henchmen Tic, Tac and Toe for TSWLM? Or was it Anthony Burgess?
    Brazil

Loved this wierd movie since I first saw it. Found an used copy of it, so after some thinking I really thought I should buy it. So I did.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 13,894
    Trojan War (1997)
    Dark City (1998)
    Tune In Tomorrow (1990)

All 3 on DVD.
    Today, the local mall was doing a promotion : 4 € the blu-ray. So I took advantage of it :

pacific-rim-blu-ray-3D.jpg

40123_large.jpg

Pre-Ordered on Amazon :

164554_front.jpg

Will order as soon as it's available :

51d1qndrrEL.jpg
    Pacific Rim was surprisingly good.
    I finally decided to buy Into The Night; after all I, felt I have to improve my English: real life has no subtitles after all :D I got my copy today.

love Into The Night!!!

As stated above, it's out in France. If you're lucky (unlike me), you'll be able to find it along with 1982's Cat People in a special David Bowie bundle.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Cell (2016)
    To Catch A Theif (1955)
    Charade (1963)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Yesterday (22 October 2016), all on BD:

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)
    Black Mass (2015)

9200000042939633.jpg
    2keepcaseboxset: Monsters (2010) / Monsters: Dark Continent (2014)

Conan the Barbarian (2011) - Limited Edition Box who include 2 disc digipack in 3D sleeve. BD include both 3D and 2D version of the movie, second disc is the DVD. Dubble side posters, 5 chacters cards, 3D Art Card, Comic book in Dutch and Certificate.

9200000047758044.jpg
    The Perfect Storm (2000)

5f15ll.jpg
    Courage Under Fire (1996).
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Xmen: Apocalypse