The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Steelbook: Gremlins 1+2
    a cult classic
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You haven t seen it yet? I loved it, miles and miles better than the Schwarzenegger movie.

Can't agree with you there. Remake was a wasted opportunity.

Agreed, The remake was bland and terrible, much like the Robocop remake. The original was awesome.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Murdock wrote: »
    You haven t seen it yet? I loved it, miles and miles better than the Schwarzenegger movie.

Can't agree with you there. Remake was a wasted opportunity.

Agreed, The remake was bland and terrible, much like the Robocop remake. The original was awesome.

Another agreeing here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You are all just remaking your posts from before, and it s terrible.
  • Ghostbusters UHD
    MIRACLE ON 34th STREET (1947)

With Christmas around the corner and all the Holiday decorations in stores, seemed like the perfect time to replace my old copy of this one.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

With Christmas around the corner and all the Holiday decorations in stores, seemed like the perfect time to replace my old copy of this one.

Great film.

Great film.

My favorite version as well.
    Decided to pick up It Follows (2014), Deadpool (2016), and The Original Christmas Classics (includes Rudolph, Frosty, Santa is Coming to Town) while I was at Target. Just beefing up the collection a little more.
    BD
    A view to kill
    The Deep
    Child 44
    Qua Vadis
    Grand Hotel
    1992 [tv series}

Just to keep me visualy occupied
  • Star Trek Beyond HD I cannot believe I have not watched this yet :\
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Skip Tracer the newest Jackie Chan move. I just watched the first 15 minutes and turned it off.
    I don't want to watch the rest without my family. It started slow, but the off-the-hook was kicking in. I anticipate a good time will be had by all. :)>-
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Taken BD.....78p used. Beat that!
    Finding Dory, Raging Bull, The Year Without a Santa Claus are some of my recent orders.
    Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism (DVD) & Topaz (Blu Ray)... anyone see the connection there?
    Also Fantastic Voyage & Event Horizon on BD.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism (DVD) & Topaz (Blu Ray)... anyone see the connection there?

A miss Karin Dor I believe

;)
    chrisisall wrote: »

;)
    Got it in one.
    :D
  • chrisisall wrote: »

;)
    Got it in one.
    :D

I have not seen Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism the film sounds very Hammer horror, though another poster suggested some of Karin early work earlier in the week so read through her Imdb remember seeing the title.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: Power Of The Daleks (pre-order)
    Fall Down Dead
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Doctor Who: Power Of The Daleks (pre-order

Me too!
    Me three !
    Me four
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,432
    51KxuAWhaUL._SX200_QL80_.jpg

91yuhqZ%2BrjL._SL1500_.jpg

Both HD digital download, have them on DVD and BD though the download was cheap ideal for tablet.

9978573-1340901171-674694.png

£2.99 HD download bargain!
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,432
    All HD...

Ex Machina
    Pulp Fiction
    the Nice Guys
    Fight Club
    Bought "The Sound of Music" (alongside "Power of the Daleks"), the ITV version with Kara Tointon. Recieved it on wednesday. Ordered "Gypsy" (the Imelda Stauton version), should receive it sometime next week. Pre-ordered "Class" (the Doctor Who Spin-off, which is not bad, really), but I might have to wait a bit longer for that one.
    THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
    I was browsing thru an old school video store today, and actually looking for something else, but lo and behold sitting on the shelf the Blu-ray edition of TLD!!!!!!!! I only had the 2006 UE DVD version. So slowly but surely my 007 films are being upgraded to Blu.
    My dear ToTheRight, that was in my FIRST wave of Bond Blu Rays! :)>-
    My dear ToTheRight, that was in my FIRST wave of Bond Blu Rays! :)>-
    Around 2011, I had collected what limited Bonds were available at that time on Blu, and by Christmas a friend of mine was seriously getting into Bond (reading the books rewatching the films, etc). I always encourage newbie Bond fans, so at the spur of a moment I felt my Bond Blu-rays would be a great Christmas gift for him. Ironically 3 years later, my girlfriend gave me those same box sets for Christmas. Bond is the gift that keeps on giving. Now I'm slowly collecting what remains.
    Popped it in for a few minutes and I must say TLD on Blu is a substantial improvement over the 2006 DVDs. I'll watch the whole thing when I can.

Popped it in for a few minutes and I must say TLD on Blu is a substantial improvement over the 2006 DVDs. I'll watch the whole thing when I can.
    IMHO, GE is probably the most lacking Bond Blu Ray, and even THAT is way better than the DVD!

IMHO, GE is probably the most lacking Bond Blu Ray, and even THAT is way better than the DVD!

I've heard that the colors and framing are off. Maybe I should track down the older SE DVD? That version had the correct aspect ratio and colors. The 2006 UE DVD looks dull.