The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 27 Posts: 4,451
    IMG-20240127-150150352-2.jpg
    Alexander (2004) - 2 Disc SE Digipack. € 2,00. Also with Tim Pigott-Smith who years later is seen in Quantum Of Solace.
  • edited January 28 Posts: 6,839
    Delete
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    0799f47d-4aa7-4878-89f7-49c03698c7e2.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

8607078c-94a1-4a08-96d1-4abd22ec6033.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
    166x210.jpg
    Cocaine Bear (2023) From € 7,99 for € 6,25 / 2 for € 12,50 (New)
    166x210.jpg
    Knock at the Cabin (2023) From € 7,99 for € 6,25 / 2 for € 12,50 (New)
    I recently completed my Child’s Play / Chucky collection on 4K, and also have added several thriller favorites including The Fugitive, Die Hard, Carlito’s Way, and Dressed to Kill.
    163x210.jpg147x210.jpg
    BD: Searching (2018) € 0,50 (New)
    DVD: The End Of The Affair (1999) € 0,50 (New)
    550x717.jpg
    Step Up 3D aka Step Up 3 (2010) - 2 Disc 3D release with sleeve. € 1,00 (New)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 11 Posts: 23,459
    The Conan Chronicles 4K Ultra HD Review

I need to buy this, looks amazing not available for pre order where I am...
    My 4K collection’s getting a needed, healthy dose of James Cameron next month; True Lies, The Abyss, and Aliens are all on pre-order! All I need now is for them to give us the original Terminator!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    My 4K collection’s getting a needed, healthy dose of James Cameron next month; True Lies, The Abyss, and Aliens are all on pre-order! All I need now is for them to give us the original Terminator!

I saw yesterday that True Lies is also announced, all must buy films in 4K Physical Media, physical media needs championing more lol.

Aliens is the one I am most curious about because of the nature of the effects at the time.
    Not a movie, but :

Untitled-111_4a4aa019-7ece-4e42-9750-6903ca7f2aa0_1024x1024.jpg?v=1702923993

Wached it this afternoon. Really good, and it was nice to see four of the founding members (Meav, Chloe, Mairead N. and Lisa K.) in it. Too bad Orla wasn't there as well.

I'm so jealous! Been waiting ages for a 4k upgrade of 'Conan the Barbarian ' one of my favourite films! I can't get it where I am, whereas the crappy remake is available!!
    Not bothered about the sequel, but would love to get the original, either that or I have to get a multi region player (can you get them for 4k?)
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I'm so jealous! Been waiting ages for a 4k upgrade of 'Conan the Barbarian ' one of my favourite films! I can't get it where I am, whereas the crappy remake is available!!
    Not bothered about the sequel, but would love to get the original, either that or I have to get a multi region player (can you get them for 4k?)

My 4K player is region free though looks like I will have to look elsewhere than Amazon for a purchase. The special edition Bluray I have is good though I need to get this 4K.

The sequel is not the best though I have a nostalgic soft spot for it, the score is still great and the film has its wacky moments if you just view it as a none serious fantasy film.
    I’ll definitely be getting both of the Arnie Conans someday, but they’re not on my #1 priority list. Very entertaining films, especially the first!
    edited February 11 Posts: 4,451
    de-kronieken-van-naria-de-leeuw-de-heks-en-de-kleerkast-9789026613180.jpg
    C. S. Lewis - De Leeuw, De Heks En De Kleerkast (Dutch translation of The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe). Movie edition of the novel with a promo dvd (With a forced Dutch subtiteld trailer and 2 Features of the movie are moost intresting.).

singin.jpg
    Singin' In The Rain (1952) - 2 disc SE with sleeve. € 1,95
    13924606-1914985078778699.jpg
    Finally managed to get a bluray upgrade of 'The Long Riders' Walter Hills telling of the Jesses James saga. The last of my upgrades of Hills earlier (and best) movies! Now if I can only get a 4k of' 'Streets of Fire' I'll be one very happy Walter Hill fan!
    edited February 21 Posts: 23,459
    Sherlock-Holmes-Basil-Rathbone-collection-(7-disc-Box).jpg
    This is a excellent collection of all 14 of Basil Rathbone's Holmes films restored, plus some great extra content (audio commentary's and documentaries discussing the films and restorations).

Watching The Hound of the Baskervilles now, timeless classic.
    I have something similar in my collection. After Jeremy Brett, Basil Rathbone is my favourite Holmes. Can't really say the same about Nigel Bruce's portrayal of Watson, I'm afraid.

Now, I've decided to buy this :

fd3c41a0e509da91e7c0da0d456f2f227d84f8f6.jpg?rule=ad-large

To complete my Fred Astaire collection. With a cast like that, I know it will be good. Just ordered two of the three movies missing from my collection. The last one (The Amazing Dobermans) will be a little harder to find (at least on an affordable DVD).
    Darkman 4K and Face/Off 4K - two amazingly zany and action-packed movies I adore! Would make an awesome double feature, but I only have time to watch Darkman today.
    fa805ffa-2b20-4c87-bd7a-e4891fda51e9.jpg
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    FYI,

Criterion is having a "flash" sale. It ends on February 28th (noon ET).  
    https://www.criterion.com/sale
    Dwayne wrote: »
    FYI,

Criterion is having a "flash" sale. It ends on February 28th (noon ET).  
    https://www.criterion.com/sale

Criterion's presentation of The 39 Steps looks great, alas I am in the UK.
    A big surprise these pat few days. Not only did I learn that Godzilla : Final Wars had been shown in french theaters, but that it was also available as a french DVD. So, of course, I bought it.

876813935.jpg
    That's a big surprise for me as well @Gerard. Apart from a couple of one-off screenings GODZILLA: FINAL WARS was MIA here in the US, which was a crime IMO. While somewhat derivative, the film is so bonkers and over the top that it is a lot of fun.

Back in the day, in addition to the normal one-disk DVD version, I ordered the special edition 3 dvd set of the film. It contained a 2-hour documentary called "The Spirit of Godzilla" which was comprised of clips from all of the films as well as interviews with all of the suit actors. And while I don't understand the Japanese language (something that I should correct one of these days), I remember Kenpachiro Satsuma becoming very emotional when discussing GODZILLA vs. DESTOROYAH.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Gerard wrote: »
    A big surprise these pat few days. Not only did I learn that Godzilla : Final Wars had been shown in french theaters, but that it was also available as a french DVD. So, of course, I bought it.

876813935.jpg

My favourite Big G film!!!
    edited February 29 Posts: 23,459
    BGAMQN03.JPG
    I had this concert on VHS many years ago.

81bfgdWO4IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    FYI,

An interesting NY Times article on The Criterion Collection.
    Sure, It Won an Oscar. But Is It Criterion?
    How the Criterion Collection became the film world’s arbiter of taste.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/magazine/criterion-collection.html
    IMG-20240301-142413043-HDR-2.jpg
    Last Dance (1996)
    doctor-who-third-season.14528.jpg

1747375_so.jpg

I already have a different versions of these two sets though saw them both cheap in mint condition and I much prefer these broader card boxsets to my others, they make good display items.