The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,388
    91ifhHWWuTL._RI_.jpg
    4K Remaster
    91ifhHWWuTL._RI_.jpg
    4K Remaster

'The Lavender Hill Mob' is still my favourite of The Ealing Comedies, of the others, I tend to favour the less well known like 'Hue and Cry' and 'The Titfield Thunderbolt', both of whom I just bought on dvd!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    91ifhHWWuTL._RI_.jpg
    4K Remaster

'The Lavender Hill Mob' is still my favourite of The Ealing Comedies, of the others, I tend to favour the less well known like 'Hue and Cry' and 'The Titfield Thunderbolt', both of whom I just bought on dvd!

I was looking for The Lavender Hill Mob yesterday to buy then I noticed it was on Britbox which I am currently prescribed too. Its been decades since I watched The Lavender Hill Mob, I am currently going through these classics and will also rewatch Peter Sellers early British films.

Kind Hearts and Corronets and The Ladykillers I already owned on DVD and Bluray though the 4K remasters etc were only £3.99 each I had to buy them.

The Ladykillers restoration is outstanding, the lighting in that film is next level.
    91ifhHWWuTL._RI_.jpg
    4K Remaster

I was looking for The Lavender Hill Mob yesterday to buy then I noticed it was on Britbox which I am currently prescribed too. Its been decades since I watched The Lavender Hill Mob, I am currently going through these classics and will also rewatch Peter Sellers early British films.

Kind Hearts and Corronets and The Ladykillers I already owned on DVD and Bluray though the 4K remasters etc were only £3.99 each I had to buy them.

The Ladykillers restoration is outstanding, the lighting in that film is next level.

'The Lavender Hill Mob' is a wonderful caper. Excellent cast, and even has Audrey Hepburns debut in a tiny part!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,388
    91ifhHWWuTL._RI_.jpg
    4K Remaster

'The Lavender Hill Mob' is a wonderful caper. Excellent cast, and even has Audrey Hepburns debut in a tiny part!

I meant subscribed on previous post lol of course I forgot Audry was in it, I recently watched Roman Holiday I think that was her big break. I recall Gregory Peck insisted Audrey get equal top billing as he knew she was going to be a huge star.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    518f3ibyOOL._AC_SY780_.jpg

One more Naschy film for the collection.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    c-d-klein.jpg
    Cats & Dogs: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore aka Cats & Dogs 2 (2010) - 2 Disc 3D release (3D + 2D) with sleeve. € 3,00. With the voice of Roger Moore.
    A couple more Lana Turner films, these co starring Clark Gable:

41gQgiaJQ6L._AC_SY445_.jpg

MV5BMjIyODg2MzgyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM1MDAyMw@@._V1_.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

A Fistful Of Dollars (1964)
    Buster Keaton: The Complete Short Films 1917-1923
    Das Cabinet Des Dr. Caligari
    Had a great birthday last week and here was one of my presents:

29011164_so.jpg
    The Bandwagon :

Tous-en-scene.jpg
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited April 2022 Posts: 2,020
    On pre-order

6TMIMNkEvrW6evQPwcJvAlKwBNKxua_large.jpg
    Things-To-Do-Expanded-V4-768x768.png
    35509641_sd.jpg
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    On pre-order

6TMIMNkEvrW6evQPwcJvAlKwBNKxua_large.jpg
    Things-To-Do-Expanded-V4-768x768.png
    35509641_sd.jpg

That is a nice looking The Untouchables set, first time I have seen that.
    Just ordered these to complete my Lana Turner/Clark gable quartet.

511DG5YnPyL._SY445_.jpg

f34a7fdb-520e-4967-bd3a-4fcf9d7c3d59.a270bac459cabf348a5df7c414f51c2b.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @ToTheRight, your shelves must be sagging under the weight of all of these Lana Turner DVDs. :))
    Of course, I’m no better and I recently had to buy another Book/DVD cabinet for all of my projected film noir purchases and Bond 60th stuff.
    Quite true, @Dwayne . My late girlfriend had gotten several storage bins for my films. I also donated some DVDs I hadn't watched much and downsized. Making room for my Lana films is a must!
    Kingsday 2022:

550x697.jpg
    BD: Suburbicon (2017) € 2,00 (New)
    550x777.jpg
    DVD: All the Pretty Horses (2000) € 0,50 (New)

21336592_so.jpg

41ZdtfDtrPL.jpg

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    Ava Gardner!!! I’ m sure THE KILLERS (1946) is on your list @ToTheRight. Between Gardner, Lana Turner, Gene Tierney, Rita Hayworth, etc… we could start a very interesting ranking game!!! I wonder who would win?
    200.gif
    :))
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Ava Gardner!!! I’ m sure THE KILLERS (1946) is on your list @ToTheRight. Between Gardner, Lana Turner, Gene Tierney, Rita Hayworth, etc… we could start a very interesting ranking game!!! I wonder who would win?
    200.gif
    :))

Haha! I love them all. I'd throw Marilyn in there as well as she did a handful of noirs, too.

image-w1280.jpg
    Yes, she was great in Don't Bother to Knock.

As for me :

81bFs5S0UDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    14297968_sa.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A Chump At Oxford
    Someone s Ailing
    Way Out West
    Ollie And Matrimony
    Our Relations
    Tunnelen
    Two Fred Astaire movies today :

You'll never get rich with Rita Hayworth:

s-l300.jpg

And Silk Stockings with Cyd Charisse :

La-Belle-de-Moscou.jpg
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,388
    81rwadVVndL._RI_.jpg
    HD upgrading my DVD copy of the film was long overdue.
    ---
    51LwOscogsL._SX300_.jpg
    HD
    I don't think I have watched this since the 80's, it was going cheap on Amazon Prime.

Edited: After watching 10 minutes of Meatballs I realise why I have not watched this for 40 years, that's £2.99 wasted. I was expecting something like Caddyshack or Animal House.
    550x700.jpg
    Frozen (2013) - 2 Disc 3D Release (3D + 2D) € 3,00
    Found this at my local Dollar Tree for $1.25.
    Been years since I saw it. Always been my favorite Woody Allen film.

81mKou8C9LL._RI_.jpg
    The first Dracula movie I've seen :

dracula-bd.jpg
    Gerard wrote: »
    The first Dracula movie I've seen :

dracula-bd.jpg

Holy crap! Is that a new release? Does it have the original color timing?
    I have the double disc Blu ray from a couple years ago that had both versions.
    140x210.jpg148x210.jpg
    Twin Falls Idaho (1999)
    Juno (2007)