The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    MV5BOWExMjU1OTctNGIwZS00MjY2LWE2YWUtZWVlOTRjZDFhODVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyNzgwMDUw._V1_.jpg

91iUEEdsqjS._AC_SX342_.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Pre-ordered The Batman. Haven t seen it yet, but am counting on Reeves after the mindblowing War For the Planet of the Apes.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    51HK6P2K0KL._AC_SY450_.jpg
    51NW9DFRWYL._SY445_.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pre-ordered The Batman. Haven t seen it yet, but am counting on Reeves after the mindblowing War For the Planet of the Apes.

Hopefully I will watch The Batman on Wednesday, I am a huge fan of the Planet of the Apes series, the new trilogy was very good especially the second film in the trilogy directed by Reeves, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
    Memento(C. Nolan, 2000)
    movies_ss_1454900007.png
    since my vhs copy was in a severely bad state now.
    91XdYRq4+bL._RI_.jpg
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 5,812
    Les-Eternels-Blu-ray.jpg
  • Whirlybird_FanWhirlybird_Fan Sydney, Australia
    ME8SC8P_o.jpg

ME8SCC8_o.jpg

ME8SCED_o.jpg
    Coco
    Klokker i måneskinn (1964)
    Nightmare Alley (2021)
    81nYNXaiFOL._RI_.jpg
    Jackie Brown
    True Romance

Continuing my Lana Turner appreciation with these film. I'll eventually get around to the films she did with my two favorite Bonds.....................

51FKV2ZZXVL._SY445_.jpg

71XaKMAYIfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51iF0glV6hL.jpg

51wA8hE2G8L._SY445_.jpg
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,385
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Continuing my Lana Turner appreciation with these film. I'll eventually get around to the films she did with my two favorite Bonds.....................

51FKV2ZZXVL._SY445_.jpg

51iF0glV6hL.jpg

51wA8hE2G8L._SY445_.jpg

I recently rewatched Lana Turner with Sir Sean in Another Time, Another Place, the film was overshadowed by the drama of set. The altercation between Sean and Lana's gangster boyfriend is stuff of Hollywood Legend.

51FKV2ZZXVL._SY445_.jpg

51iF0glV6hL.jpg

51wA8hE2G8L._SY445_.jpg

I recently rewatched Lana Turner with Sir Sean in Another Time, Another Place, the film was overshadowed by the drama of set. The altercation between Sean and Lana's gangster boyfriend is stuff of Hollywood Legend.

Very intense situations on set there. I also want to see the film she did with Sir Roger, DIANE.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited April 2022 Posts: 2,020
    733_shop2_247625.jpg
    FW-PaperSlip.thumb.jpeg.0a9ef50ca6b9332a06d793ddbbfeef53.jpeg
    BASICI-202x300.jpg
    4K Restoration
    It's been some time since I watched this, enough time to forget how it plays out.
    Yesterday, I bought a Fred Astaire double bill. First, Three Little Words :

DVD-TROIS-PETITS-MOTS.jpg

And second, Second Chorus :

old-swing_romance_wildside.0.jpg

• DwayneDwayne New York City

51iF0glV6hL.jpg

@ToTheRight. I actually have that same PORTRIAT IN BLACK/MADAME X DVD Twofer!!!
    Several years ago, the one-time “sweater girl” was Turner Classic Movies’ star of the month – so I got to see more than my share of her films. Naturally the latter film piqued my interest since a certain actor appeared as her son towards the conclusion. :D

If you don’t have the BLU-Ray for THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE, I highly recommend it for the “Lana Turner…..A Daughter’s Memoir” featurette. What a life!!!!

Lana-Turner.jpg?w=400&h=300&c=crop

Dwayne wrote: »

51iF0glV6hL.jpg

@ToTheRight. I actually have that same PORTRIAT IN BLACK/MADAME X DVD Twofer!!!
    Several years ago, the one-time “sweater girl” was Turner Classic Movies’ star of the month – so I got to see more than my share of her films. Naturally the latter film piqued my interest since a certain actor appeared as her son towards the conclusion. :D

If you don’t have the BLU-Ray for THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE, I highly recommend it for the “Lana Turner…..A Daughter’s Memoir” featurette. What a life!!!!

Lana-Turner.jpg?w=400&h=300&c=crop

Very cool. I need to upgrade my copy to Blu-ray. Also THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL is another I should upgrade. Great movie!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Away We Go (2009) € 1,50

550x813.jpg
    51EgRbOmdfL._SY445_.jpg
  • Whirlybird_FanWhirlybird_Fan Sydney, Australia
    ME97WWT_o.jpg
    ME97WVL_o.jpg
    2c236ad58b06a75a172f5e9b4bc8a2aa--turks-and-caicos-film.jpg

It's been a while since I last bought any films, but over the past few weeks I've purchased digital downloads of the Worricker Trilogy (feat. Page Eight (2011), Turks & Caicos (2014) and Salting the Battlefield (2014)), starring Bill Nighy as MI5 analyst Johnny Worricker.
    Petite Maman (C. Sciamma, 2021)
    Clever and sweet. I think this is Sciamma s best film.
    A1x20mgvNxL._RI_.jpg
    4K Restoration
    A1x20mgvNxL._RI_.jpg
    4K Restoration

A classic !
    Gerard wrote: »
    A1x20mgvNxL._RI_.jpg
    4K Restoration

A classic !

Arguably the best of the Ealing films, one of my favourite movies.
    Continuing my Lana Turner appreciation with these.............early birthday gift to myself.

61F6ofd6FDL._SL1211_.jpg

91ygS83nm3L._SL1500_.jpg
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Two more great movies @ToTheRight. And don’t forget the lovely Gloria Grahame is also in THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL – for all of ten minutes or so. =))

Someday I must see the 1981 remake of POSTMAN that starred Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange. From what I’ve read, Ms. Turner was not a big fan of the remake and said it was too explicit. Sometimes less is more....

postman-always-rings-twice-lipstick.gif

...enjoy.
    I've never seen the remake either, @Dwayne. I'm a pretty big Nicholson fan, so it's surprising I've never bothered with that one.
    Yeah Gloria Grahame is great in THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL. Smaller role, but excellent. I have an old VHS copy I watched this past weekend and needed an upgrade.