Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• HerrBondHerrBond Berlin
    edited October 2012 Posts: 50
    well, the first sequence is like a game with shadows and then they show you Bond.
    this is it: http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2012_skyfall_006.html

and the GB, I hope I remember correctly, because it was just 10s or so. so no 100% guarantee for that :)
    it was similiar to the one from QOS, but a new shot and pretty fast I thought. I think it's a little bit darker (compared to QOS) and when we see Bond come from the right at first, I noticed that the upper part of his body was a little bit in the shadow... and when Bond has shot and the blood was coming down, the picture was frozen (Bond wasn't moving anymore, like in some other GBs) and I think he also turned up his left arm, like in the TB gunbarrel! the next picture was some 50th anniversary logo and JAMES BOND WILL RETURN in big letters.

unfortunately, I have to wait 2 more weeks to see it again, then I'll concentrate on all the important details... ;)

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    2 days...and counting.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    HerrBond wrote:
    well, the first sequence is like a game with shadows and then they show you Bond.

and the GB, I hope I remember correctly, because it was just 10s or so. so no 100% guarantee for that :)
    it was similiar to the one from QOS, but a new shot and pretty fast I thought. I think it's a little bit darker (compared to QOS) and when we see Bond come from the right at first, I noticed that the upper part of his body was a little bit in the shadow... and when Bond has shot and the blood was coming down, the picture was frozen (Bond wasn't moving anymore, like in some other GBs) and I think he also turned up his left arm, like in the TB gunbarrel! the next picture was some 50th anniversary logo and JAMES BOND WILL RETURN in big letters.

unfortunately, I have to wait 2 more weeks to see it again, then I'll concentrate on all the important details... ;)

Thanks a lot, friend

Like I thought, it will be difficult to equal a gunbarrel to start a Bond film...
    [-X
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Wait and see. [-X
  • HerrBond wrote:

That's replaced the gunbarrel? Jeez.

• HerrBondHerrBond Berlin
    well, I wouldn't call it replaced, it's just the beginning of the movie!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    JamesCraig wrote:
    Wait and see. [-X

Touche. That´s detente, comrade...
  • HerrBond wrote:
    well, I wouldn't call it replaced, it's just the beginning of the movie!

Sorry, I'll rephrase: That's what's replaced the gunbarrel at the beginning of the movie? Jeez.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    HerrBond wrote:

I beginning to get the idea of how this is going to start and if it is, I can say I'm very excited to see this considering scene you showed there are other sequence stills we've seen that appear to be linked to that shot and it's all starting to make sense.

I have to say I'm still open to see what they've done, if the film is going to end like has been surmised by some and the little tease from some reviews I can see the point of positioning the GB where it is.

Yes the repositioning of this again is going to irritate the hell out of some and the idea that Bond is not yet complete but SF seems to have moved on some from the events of CR & QOS putting some distance between those films and Craig's Bond is obviously more seasoned but it seems SF is once again an arc like the previous films and Bond isn't quite the finished article.

People have wanted that traditional Leather Door and male M back and I think this film is setting that up, it all depends if you can stomach another film where it's moulding as opposed to the finished article, if this is so and they are using Bond and M's back story as a main thrust of this film then maybe at the end we get Bond like he's introduced in DN ( no I'm not linking the 2 like some silly people have tried). I'm saying Craig's Bond will be in the same place that Bond started in 1962, quite apt when you consider this is the 50th Anniversary.
    Fitzochris wrote:
    HerrBond wrote:

That's replaced the gunbarrel? Jeez.

Noes. Teh world is gonna end :)]
  • Learn to type, then try sarcasm. Works better.
  • Shardlake wrote:
    HerrBond wrote:

I beginning to get the idea of how this is going to start and if it is, I can say I'm very excited to see this considering scene you showed there are other sequence stills we've seen that appear to be linked to that shot and it's all starting to make sense.

I have to say I'm still open to see what they've done, if the film is going to end like has been surmised by some and the little tease from some reviews I can see the point of positioning the GB where it is.

Yes the repositioning of this again is going to irritate the hell out of some and the idea that Bond is not yet complete but SF seems to have moved on some from the events of CR & QOS putting some distance between those films and Craig's Bond is obviously more seasoned but it seems SF is once again an arc like the previous films and Bond isn't quite the finished article.

People have wanted that traditional Leather Door and male M back and I think this film is setting that up, it all depends if you can stomach another film where it's moulding as opposed to the finished article, if this is so and they are using Bond and M's back story as a main thrust of this film then maybe at the end we get Bond like he's introduced in DN ( no I'm not linking the 2 like some silly people have tried). I'm saying Craig's Bond will be in the same place that Bond started in 1962, quite apt when you consider this is the 50th Anniversary.

I would have thought Bond as the finished article would have been the perfect celebration - not more Freudian lark.

edited October 2012 Posts: 3,497
    My God. Freudian lark.

Of course the changing of the GB was going to give us heated discussions, but this is becoming laughable.
  • I'm not talking about the gunbarrel, numb head, I'm talking about a third consecutive movie where Bond still has to 'find himself'.
    You don't have to call me numbhead.

If you can't accept other people's opinions, well, ok. But that's not for me.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    JamesCraig wrote:
    You don't have to call me numbhead.

If you can't accept other people's opinions, well, ok. But that's not for me.

Sorry, but you're the one who doesn't accept other people's opinions. You say the gunbarrel is not important, and yet you come here every day and comment on it. Does anyone force you to do it? Do you have a mission or something? There are certain aspects of Bond I don't care about, and I don't comment on them.

Don't get me wrong, but while you're implying that some people here are childish, it's actually you who is being childish. If you don't think this subject is important, just ignore it, it doesn't influence your life in any way. That's what mature people do.

edited October 2012 Posts: 3,497
    Did I ever insult someone?

I have been called an ass , a dick and a numb head.

And where did I say the GB is not important? I've stated that it's not that big of a deal, for me that is, that it's at the end.
  • tqbtqb
    People in this thread are acting like children. I'm surprised the mods haven't intervened.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    tqb wrote:
    People in this thread are acting like children. I'm surprised the mods haven't intervened.

That makes us two.
    Sorry.
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    My God. Freudian lark.

Of course the changing of the GB was going to give us heated discussions, but this is becoming laughable.

To be fair, you've been laughing the whole time.

I'm at peace with it now. I wouldn't mind the gunbarrel always being at the end from here on. A new tradition!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    How about these for a change? ;) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=0aVJg0wkSOQ&NR=1

And I have to insist, that actually my inisting that Craig should have ahd a beard in SF have been appreciated after all...
    JamesCraig wrote:
    My God. Freudian lark.

I'm at peace with it now. I wouldn't mind the gunbarrel always being at the end from here on. A new tradition!

Not once have I laughed, sir.

Carry on.
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    My God. Freudian lark.

Oh God, no.

• tqb wrote:

I'm opposed to totalitarianism.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 6,677
    Well, mods moderate, they´re not the though-police. And sometimes we need authority, not authoritarianism. There´s a difference, you see. One word is much harder to write than the other, for starters ;)
  • I agree with Fitzochris about the GB. Every word.

The GB belongs at the beginning, period, paragraph, end of story.

It was retarded in QoS, there's even less excuse now.

Some conventions you just don't mess with...it doesn't make you edgy, or artsy, it makes you disrespectful of a series and its canon. Not to mention its fans without whom there'd be no series.

Never underestimate a Director's selfish, stupid impulse to put "their stamp" on a work, monkey with its canon, in order to "make it his own" (vision, or whatever the f)......

If you direct a Superman movie, damnit, the costume is red and blue not purple and orange. Excellence is more important than overrated originality.

Bond painfully peeing blood at the urinal for two hours would be original, right? Some New York artsy fartsy critics would probably call a two hour examination of Bond's prostate "brilliant".

I am deeply, profoundly disappointed.

• The Guardian reports Sam Mendes has been editing Skyfall for the past fortnight... Perhaps there's hope that sense will prevail.
  • "The world will make its judgment when the film is released on Friday, although Craig confirms Mendes has still been editing footage over the last fortnight. It is a visually arresting and unexpectedly emotional spectacle, but audiences will also see a sly paean to the craft of acting."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2012/oct/21/skyfall-sam-mendes-daniel-craig?newsfeed=true

One can hope so that this whole thread becomes meaningless [-O<
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 130
    "The world will make its judgment when the film is released on Friday, although Craig confirms Mendes has still been editing footage over the last fortnight. It is a visually arresting and unexpectedly emotional spectacle, but audiences will also see a sly paean to the craft of acting."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2012/oct/21/skyfall-sam-mendes-daniel-craig?newsfeed=true

One can hope so that this whole thread becomes meaningless [-O<

How I understand it that just means he was editing until just before the press screening.

But even if Mendes is making some adjustments, he won't move the gunbarrel. Thats wishful thinking. :) Just watch the movie and try to enjoy it anyway. It must be good, so many reviewers can only seldomly be wrong.