Blofeld : Did you want him to escape from Bond,in the helicopter ? And what next ? (SP)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think it would be cool if the film starts with a trial as Blofeld is being convicted for all of his past crime in some kind of room with a glass ceiling when a helicopter comes in with Spectre Elites coming down on ropes and extract Blofeld. It could be seen as a coup. Then start the main titles.
    While making my country seem bloody useless AGAIN !!!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    While making my country seem bloody useless AGAIN !!!
    How so? It would be an unprovoked sneak attack.

Well Silva did it,Renard and King did it,Blofeld did it....becoming a bit of a theme.
  • Agnes_007Agnes_007 Manchester, UK
    Yes. Although I did think they might do an ending which could be seen as bringing it all to an end just in case it was Craig's last film as Bond. I do hate when real life circumstances affect films! But that's how it is I suppose. :-?
  • When I think about it in context of Bond history, Blofeld sat in a cell just does not seem right at all.
    Blofeld doesnt have to go to jail. the next film can start with him being dropped of charges or something to that effect.
    That's also a possibility. Considering all the evidence is destroyed or tampered with. Not to mention Denbigh is dead. I can easily see that kind of mucking up causing Blofeld to go free.
    I admit i would prefer that over a stupid prison breakout....EON have backed themselves into a corner and HAVE to get this right ,and not make Britain or MI6 look incompetant...good luck with that !!!
  • I think Spectre's ending is pretty great but in one of the script drafts, before driving off Bond says we have all the time in the world. Now at the time I thought that was too much, but looking back it could have really added to the ending if SP is the last Craig film. Think about it. Bond drives off into the sunset, happy ending, but then there's that line giving it a dark undertone. Because we know what could come next. This would only work though, if that was the ending to the whole Craig era, and they left it ambiguous. What I don't want is for them to use that scenario as set up for a sequel.
    chances are slim but Dont be suprised if Craigs fifth doesnt include Blofeld or Spectre. EON gave them a film they might wait until the future to use them again,
    That's a possibility ,but the fact Waltz will only return If Craig is Bond,might force them to use Blofeld,if BOND25 is indeed Craig's last film.

Personally,i would love a stand-alone mission based Bond film with Craig next.
    They really have written themselves into a corner.

I hate to think that this bastardization might be the last we see of so hallowed a Bond institution as SPECTRE.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Exactly. Hell even when White said "Our organization" several times in CR I instantly thought of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

Uhhh, didn't they mean Quantum?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Actually I wanted to see Bond take over the chopper and dump him down a smokestack . Does that sound too silly?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,554
    Dean86 wrote: »

I hate to think that this bastardization might be the last we see of so hallowed a Bond institution as SPECTRE.

Indeed. And it was 100% avoidable.

As the the OP's point: the helicopter fight was used up in the wrong end of the film. A Hinx-Bond battle in the helicopter, with Blofeld inside, would have been epic. Blofeld is kicked out, falls into the Thames*. Bond finishes off Hinx and gains control of the chopper. Later: divers and patrol boats find no evidence of Blofeld's body.

*Too much like Bond's fall in the pts of SF?
    talos7 wrote: »
    Actually I wanted to see Bond take over the chopper and dump him down a smokestack . Does that sound too silly?

=D>
    talos7 wrote: »

I like the idea but it needs a gimmick....aha ,how about a delicatesen....AND in stainless steel !!

• RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »

They can do what they like. They can have Blofeld return, or not. Everyone's assumption is you need to see him escape, or witness him being imprisoned. You don't need either. People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist over it. By all means worry that they may take the wrong route with it, but there are options.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Agree with the above, no one painted themselves into a corner. Whoever came up with that line first here? It has spread and spread, but it isn t true.
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It's true if they insist on sticking with the set up that they've created. But they needn't. EON has jettisoned plot lines midstream in the past, they could do so again.

There's no definitive set up, though. It can be seen as closure, just as much as it can be a catalyst. The idea that they've painted themselves into a corner suggests they've eradicated all manner of choice, narratively, which is patently untrue.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    RC7 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

They can do what they like. They can have Blofeld return, or not. Everyone's assumption is you need to see him escape, or witness him being imprisoned. You don't need either. People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist over it. By all means worry that they may take the wrong route with it, but there are options.

Either I misinterpreted the OP or you misinterpreted me.

I was referring to the fact that SP raised a lot of questions unnecessarily, such as the Bond-Oberhauser relationship and the rise and fate of Spectre.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    They could also pull another YOLT/OHMSS/DAF on us
    I disagree. I hate when things get ignored. Continuity can be minimal but I don't want it swept under the rug.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Agree with the above, no one painted themselves into a corner. Whoever came up with that line first here? It has spread and spread, but it isn t true.
    The same culprit who came up with the "driving into the sunset" line. The scene takes place on a cloudy day at 2 in the afternoon.
    I was quoting someone else (forget who) with the "Written into a corner" line. But nonetheless I agreed.

I was left with the impression that Blofeld was arrested. The great leader was introduced and arrested within one film ... fine for anyone else, but not Blofeld
    IF they bring back Blofeld/SP it's hard to figure how it will be done in a way not contrived or lame. And will the general public (not Bond super fans) even give a damn that this shoddy criminal outfit is back? Was SP made to look all that cool and bad-ass? Meh.

Still, I'll hope for the best.
  • I'm at the point where I don't actually care anymore...
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I don't mind which way they do it, as long as it's believable and not this contrived as shit retcon bullshit they must have thought was the best idea ever
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It's true if they insist on sticking with the set up that they've created. But they needn't. EON has jettisoned plot lines midstream in the past, they could do so again.

That's probably their best option.
    I'm at the point where I don't actually care anymore...

I'm rapidly heading in that direction too,which is a shame really.