The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Telly and Diana playing off each other is a joy.

Thy dawn, O Master of the World, thy dawn;
    For thee the sunlight creeps across the lawn,
    For thee the ships are drawn down to the waves,
    For thee the markets throng with myriad slaves,
    For thee the hammer on the anvil rings,
    For thee the poet of beguilement sings.

It speaks to Rigg's abilities as an actress that this doesn't come across as phony or forced. We really believe that despite her self-destructive ways, Tracy is intelligent and well read. Much like Dame Diana in real life.

It's such a random moment that is superb, you would not get a scene like that in most movies.
    That rally cross sequence wow!

My favourite action sequence in the film, and I love the chase leading up to it in the snow!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,385
    Mathis1 wrote: »

My favourite action sequence in the film, and I love the chase leading up to it in the snow!

The 4K re maser seemed to have cleaned up the editing a bit, or maybe its my imagination. that scene is fantastic. Maybe it was just clearer?
    God this is so tragic, two peoples happiest moments taken from them.
    We Have All The Time In World
    One off my best watches of OHMSS, what can I say this movie is everything you want from a great Bond film.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Thanks @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

Back in 2012 – in the run up to the 50th anniversary - Tim Brayton of the Alternative Endings website did a weekly review of all of the Bond films to date. About Diana Rigg he wrote:
    I must acknowledge my bias first, or we'll never get anywhere: I really and truly think that Diana Rigg is the sexiest woman produced by the British Isles in the 20th Century.

Plus, she's so quick-witted, sexy, fun, and all such good things, that she's the only woman that James Bond has ever committed to emotionally. And Rigg, one of the best actresses to ever take on one of these parts, plays all of this with intelligence and a profound sense of personal amusement.
    https://www.alternateending.com/2012/07/the-ties-that-bond.html

OHMSS has been my #1 Bond film for some years now, and I don't see that changing. GL is better than given credit for and the supporting cast is very strong. As for Diana Rigg, the above speaks for me as well.

The 4K re maser seemed to have cleaned up the editing a bit, or maybe its my imagination. that scene is fantastic. Maybe it was just clearer?

I’m sure that I read somewhere when the films were remastered in the 2000s that they trawled through all the various versions to provide the most complete version possible. At the time, I remember lots of little extra bits of footage - a second here or there - often by the music seeming to flow better and be less jumpy

Although there is one brief scene in the helicopter attack that seems to be a rough cut, and not cleaned up.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Thanks @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

Back in 2012 – in the run up to the 50th anniversary - Tim Brayton of the Alternative Endings website did a weekly review of all of the Bond films to date. About Diana Rigg he wrote:
    I must acknowledge my bias first, or we'll never get anywhere: I really and truly think that Diana Rigg is the sexiest woman produced by the British Isles in the 20th Century.

Plus, she's so quick-witted, sexy, fun, and all such good things, that she's the only woman that James Bond has ever committed to emotionally. And Rigg, one of the best actresses to ever take on one of these parts, plays all of this with intelligence and a profound sense of personal amusement.
    https://www.alternateending.com/2012/07/the-ties-that-bond.html

OHMSS has been my #1 Bond film for some years now, and I don't see that changing. GL is better than given credit for and the supporting cast is very strong. As for Diana Rigg, the above speaks for me as well.

Diana Rigg has everything, recently watched her in Evil Under The Sun and was a stand out for the limited screen time.
    Troy wrote: »

I’m sure that I read somewhere when the films were remastered in the 2000s that they trawled through all the various versions to provide the most complete version possible. At the time, I remember lots of little extra bits of footage - a second here or there - often by the music seeming to flow better and be less jumpy

Although there is one brief scene in the helicopter attack that seems to be a rough cut, and not cleaned up.

That makes sense I have a few format versions of the OHMSS like many of the earlier film's I have noticed tweaks, especially with TB the reedit on that was superb.
    Great write up, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Thank You, Merry Christmas mate.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Thank You, Merry Christmas mate.

You as well!
    First Bond watchalong for 2023.
    'LIVE AND LET DIE' (1973)
    I watched along with a record-breaking 23 million viewers in Britain the T.V. Premiere on a Sunday evening back in 1980, all my mates were talking about it in school next day, ah, good times...
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 6,820
    Rog does a good gunbarrel, but I reckon he missed when he fired, as he pulls to the left when he shoots!. 🤣
    No appearance for Rog in pts, rather a dull opening! The last agent killed in the Caribbean looks a trifle old if you ask me!!
    And we're off with McCartneys blistering title song, cool credits from Maurice
    Love this opening with the delicious Madeleine Smith.
    Bernard Lee is marvellous here. "Insomnia Sir?"
    "Instructions!"
    Bond has all the modern appliances...but he's a bit sloppy with his presentation, spilling the coffee all over the saucer!
    Miss Caruso enjoys Bonds delicate touch!!
    Cool music here from George Martin, as Bond arrives at the airport
    David Hedison is my favourite Felix.
    Neat little car stunt!
    And our villain...
    Yaphet Kotto is a great actor. And Julius Harris TeeHee a great henchman. I was going to use TeeHee as my username here, but I noticed someone else had it first, but I've never seen them on here?
    The look Rogers Bond has here is similar to what Craig wears at the funeral in SP, gloves and all!
    'Hey Man, for 20 bucks I'll take you to a Ku Klux Klan cookout!!" 🤣
    'Fillet of Soul' theres some great humour in this film
    "No ice!"
    "Thats extra man!"
    Rog delivers the iconic line, and does it beautifully
    I used to consider Jane Seymours Solitaire rather a drip. But I have warmed to her over the years!
    Bond takes care of these thugs a little too easily!
    A genuine Felix...lighter?!